Author Topic: NFL 2004-05  (Read 45926 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: NFL Playoffs!
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Lots of shooting in the foot by the Vikings didn't help their cause today.  Eagles D line is great, sure wish they would have made a push for Kearse last season, dude is amazing

Trotter had a great game too...and the breaks they did get (Mitchell's fumble touchback and the other time they got the ball right back after a Daunte Int) went nowhere.  Some stupid ass play calling at the end of the 1st half was inexcusable

Lots of changes need to be made for the Vikes, here's my wishlist:

2 New LB
1 New Safety
New Kicker
New Special Teams Coach
Big Fatass DT to plug the middle
DE
CB
RG to eventually replace Dixon
Trade Bennett for draft picks forcing them in to 1 starting RB and not a commitee of 4

Healthy Kleinsasser and a healthy Rosenthal might have been huge, especially in ball control and running game.  They went down in weeks 1 and 2 and forced them in to lots and lots of passing

They have TONS of cap space this year, in fact they have the most in the NFL I think.  I hope they do something because they are close to being a Super Bowl contender.  Seriously

RE: Eagles vs Falcons

I've never been impressed with Vick but the way the Vikes ran today I would think the Falcons have a chance to run all day vs the Eagles.  The Falcons D also should be able to keep it closer than today

I think the Eagles have it though

Can't wait for today's AFC game, should be a great one

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2005, 04:45 PM »
Welcome to let's wait for baseball mode, Scott.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 16, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Redhawk, Morburg, and all the other nasayers let me make it clear to you,since I'm not a humble person I TOLD YOU SO!

Well, since I'm not humble either, there's a couple of things.  I said the Vikings had a shot, I'm not quite clear where you get the impression that a suspension of humility is necessary?  BTW, MorgBUG not Morgburg. ::) 

The Eagles won, congrats to them.  The Vikings did what they did all season long.  I don't think I once said the Eagles didn't have a chance, quite the converse, I only said the Vikings had a shot.  So your great prognostication is not much more than any Eagles fan would have spouted.  "I told you so"?  Uh, sure, ok.  So did all the betting lines and I never put money on the Vikings, so you might try the humility aspect, given that you weren't exactly spewing forth anything resembling rocket science. ;) :-*
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 07:37 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #198 on: January 16, 2005, 11:15 PM »
oh but see MorgBUG I'm so much more prolific than the rest of you bourgeois. As for my humility I known much more for my facetious tone than actually  prognosticating my own humility. I guess that  was missed.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #199 on: January 16, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Get Bent :P

I was just remembering when Trotter was out there this last summer screaming to my buddy that the Purple should sign him.  Eagles got a steal by bringing him back.

I cannot believe how bad the Colts stunk it up today.  I love watching the Pats too though so I didn't really care who won.

Next week I'll say Eagles win and so do the Pats...sorry Pitt guys and Mikey D will be in Sports Heaven for all eternity

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2005, 11:42 PM »
I'll admit I underestimated the Eagles. They still have to get over the mental stigma of possibly losing 4 NFC Championship games in a row, a feat never before accomplished in NFL history.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2005, 01:13 AM »
oh but see MorgBUG I'm so much more prolific than the rest of you bourgeois. As for my humility I known much more for my facetious tone than actually  prognosticating my own humility. I guess that  was missed.

Bah.  Use smilies.  Sumbitch :P ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2005, 03:42 AM »
Go Steelers!!!   :P

G'damn!  ****** playoffs so far for any team I'm even remotely rooting for.  My Rams got waxed.  My wife's Packers got spanked.  Chargers choked.  And the Colts got beeotched.  That leaves... the Steelers!

Not that I'm a Steelers fan, but we've become a bit of a Big Ben bandwagoner, and the Steelers are really the only team left that I wouldn't mind seeing win it all.  But damn, the Pats look as tough as ever, so going through the defending champs is gonna be TOUGH, even if the game's in Pitt.  Eagles shouldn't have any problems with the Falcons either.  But I'll take whoever wins the AFC over them.  (now that's a real prediction, unlike my Rams/Colts Superbowl blurb which was just wishful thinking)

Sad to see Manning go out the way he did, after such an incredible season.  The monkey on his back continues to grow.

On an unrelated note, you guys catch the news story about former Raider lineman Barrett Robbins who went AWOL a couple years ago before the Superbowl (hanging out in Tijuana)?  Apparently he got his ass all shot up by the cops after getting into a huge fight with one of them investigating him on a burglary charge.  Now he's in critical condition in some Miami hospital.  Crazy.  Man, that dude's got some problems...  Hope he pulls through and gets back into a mental hospital.   :-\

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2005, 07:49 AM »

Next week I'll say Eagles win and so do the Pats...sorry Pitt guys and Mikey D will be in Sports Heaven for all eternity

I hope so. The Eagles ****** it up last year.

Personally, I have nothing against Manning or the Colts, just the media sucking them off all the time.  All I heard was Manning will light them up and run up and down the field on them.  How those 3 points work for you?  I don't think the loss falls squarely on Manning's shoulders, though.  That D is horrendous.  I don't know how many 3rd and longs they gave up. 

The AFC Championship is going to be great.  Two well balanced, hard hitting, smash mouth teams going at it for 60 (or possibly more) minutes.  Good stuff.  Pats key to victory - stop the Bus and Duce and make the rookie beat you.  The Pats have opened up as early 3 points favorite, which should give the Steelers some motivation, not that they needed it.

GO PATS!!

GO EAGLES

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #204 on: January 17, 2005, 09:40 AM »

I was just remembering when Trotter was out there this last summer screaming to my buddy that the Purple should sign him.  Eagles got a steal by bringing him back.

I cannot believe how bad the Colts stunk it up today.  I love watching the Pats too though so I didn't really care who won.

Scott All I can say is maybe your buddy should've listened to him. Trotter made the biggest impact on the defense yesterday. He will next week. Expect pressure on vick all day long next week.

Spiderlegs.... Is that your humility showing.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 09:41 AM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2005, 07:37 PM »
Go Steelers!!!   :P

G'damn!  ****** playoffs so far for any team I'm even remotely rooting for.  My Rams got waxed.  My wife's Packers got spanked.  Chargers choked.  And the Colts got beeotched.  That leaves... the Steelers!

By all means, root for the patriots then.   ::)  :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
To all the Eagles naysayers
« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2005, 06:16 PM »
To all the Eagle naysayers this comes  FROM somewhere inside of me I have told you  all along

GO F yourself,  pay attention, YOUR IN MY HOUSE!! On to Jacksonville as for the rest of you, sit down, your done with your season!

EAGLES
« Last Edit: January 23, 2005, 06:17 PM by Infamy Of Crete »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2005, 07:21 PM »
Only took you four tries to be able to say that, I can see why you're so excited.  ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Super Bowl XXXIX New England vs Philadelphia
« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Pretty dominant wins by both winning teams today.  The Patriots right now look unstoppable

I hate that we have to wait two weeks so the media can talk about wether T.O. is going to play or not every single minute of the day

Right now, I'm leaning toward a Patriots rout, I just see no weaknesses in their game.  They have beaten the two best teams in football behind them in consecutive weeks in blowouts...amazing in this day and age

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Super Bowl XXXIX New England vs Philadelphia
« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Well, obviously I am incredibly sad right now...  I'm disappointed in the overall performance of the STeelers the last two games.

Roethlisberger's gonna take a lot of the heat, and that isn't fair considering our pass coverage was non-existant tonight (Brady had his pick of downfield throws it seemed), and a lot of the plays were botched at times by receivers...  Of course Plaxico's already whining about not getting enough throws to suit him and leaving the team.   ::)  Ward was playing hurt, so I give him credit, and he's always a class act too after the game.

The Pats played the exact same way they did  in October, they just made it connect and we didn't make our end of things work...  Oh well, "any given sunday" as they say.

Lots of little things killed us, and the Turnovers obviously.  I'm disappointed, but now I just root for Philly instead I guess...  Go Eagles.  I still love the Steelers and I'll be back to supporting them next year.  Hopefully we'll return with an improved "Big Ben" who's got more solid experience, and I'm hoping Bettis returns...  Again a solid guy and class act who I'd love to watch play a little while longer, though he's concerned about his health after football I'm sure.

Welp, Go Eagles...  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77