Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 57076 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #165 on: December 10, 2006, 10:44 PM »
By Jokabofe « Reply #60 on: November 7, 2005, 12:04 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what makes me laugh? The friggin' media is sucking Ladanian Tomlinson's dick so hard right now... but I don't think he's the best RB in the game. They are making a big deal out of the fact that he has 15 TD's after his 4 today. Big deal. Shaun Alexander has 14, just 1 less. And he's got more rushing yards. He plays on the NFL's #1 offense. And he's playing on a team that's 6-2 and in first place. Why does he always get ignored? What makes Tomlinson so much better? Because he throws a few TD passes? Guess what? That's what the QB is for.

Debate over.  Tomlinson is the single season TD king.

And Larry Johnson is better than Alexander too.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #166 on: December 10, 2006, 10:50 PM »
I wouldn't say that. If Priest Holmes was healthy he'd be starting ahead of Larry if that says anything...he plays in an awesome system with an awesome O-line

I still think Shaun is #2, this year is a wash but watch out next year

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 10, 2006, 11:06 PM »
LDT's numbers this year are just sick.  What is even more impressive is that he's scored 26 of his 29 TDs over the last 9 games!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2006, 09:53 AM »
Have I ever told you guys how much I love Rex Grossman?

;)

How about Devin Hester?  Man, that guy is fast!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 09:54 AM by ruiner »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2006, 10:12 AM »
How about Devin Hester?  Man, that guy is fast!

Damn right he is.  I think he should get serious consideration for Rookie of the Year.  With all due respect to Vince Young, has any other rookie had as big of an impact on his team's success as Hester?

So ... the Bears have clinched a first round bye, and seeing that their next three opponents have a combined 9 wins, they should be able to win out.  The NFC Playoffs will go through the Windy City.  Say what you want to about Grossman and how the Bears are vulnerable, but I wouldn't want to play against that defense in Chicago in the middle of winter.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Week 15 maps

CBS Single game

Fox Double Header
Game 1

Game 2

I think this is the first non-HD Pats game this year.  Doesn't matter much to me as I'm going to the game this weekend  ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2006, 01:41 PM »
Oakland residents don't even get to see their team on TV yet again
I've seen that many times before; pathetic

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2006, 05:05 PM »
Terrell Owens spit away his pro bowl shot? Such an awesome receiver didn't make it :P? I'm not surprised in the least (and..update: voters are not jealous of him, in the least-being on 'America's team' alone should have generated enough votes..and it didn't= saying alot) ::).

I do think Larry Allen got snubbed for being a starter though, even missing the games he did, he STILL should be starting ..oh well, I guess if he spit on somebody while voting was being undertaken he wouldn't have even been selected as an alternate even.

DS   

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Terrell Owens spit away his pro bowl shot? Such an awesome receiver didn't make it :P?
DS   

Terrell Owens leads the National Football League in receiving touchdowns, and has already gone over 1,000 yards with 2 games left to go.

Did he deserve to go to the Pro Bowl?  Yup, #1 in receiver TDs with 1,000+ yds to boot.

If you're going by the numbers, you have no argument Slothus.

Furthermore, if you're not simply evaluating a player's Pro Bowl merit based on their performance and numbers, it's more than a little hypocritical for Shawne Merriman to be elected to the Pro Bowl team and not TO, with Merriman serving a 4 game suspension for injecting himself with steroids that are both illegal in the United States of America as well as the National Football League.

Anyhow, same bull**** as always with these All Star Game/Pro Bowl selections.  Happens every year.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 09:05 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2006, 07:51 PM »
Oakland residents don't even get to see their team on TV yet again
I've seen that many times before; pathetic

The blank screen was equally exciting, sad as that may be.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Week 16 maps

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox single game

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Terrell Owens spit away his pro bowl shot? Such an awesome receiver didn't make it :P?
DS   

Terrell Owens leads the National Football League in receiving touchdowns, and has already gone over 1,000 yards with 2 games left to go.

Did he deserve to go to the Pro Bowl?  Yup, #1 in receiver TDs with 1,000+ yds to boot.

If you're going by the numbers, you have no argument Slothus.

I'm not denying his 'numbers' and I'm glad you put the IF in there Dress...maybe you should reread my post to see the sarcasm.
I'm glad he didn't make it. He wasn't voted in because he is an idiot-it's that simple-and enough other folks didn't want to see him in there either. Yes, I understand the annual ridiculousness of pro bowl selections..I don't need a reminder of that..in this case though I'm pleased by the result on TO's part. This year's 'gaffe' truly was one of the most largest I can remember in recent memory further illustrating how silly the voting results are...I mean, even RIVERS and S.SMITH made it in ?!?

DS

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: January 2, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Even as a disappointed Steelers fan, the season couldn't have ended better than it did given the circumstances.  Two years in a row and screwing up the Bengal's season...  That's fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 2, 2007, 07:53 PM »
I'm no fan of the Colts, but man they got the worst possible match up for them in the first round.  Larry Johnson is going to run all over them.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 2, 2007, 10:23 PM »
I'm no fan of the Colts, but man they got the worst possible match up for them in the first round.  Larry Johnson is going to run all over them.

He's going to start carrying the ball when he gets off the team bus.