Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56590 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #75 on: October 9, 2006, 12:32 AM »
Oh my god the Steelers tonight just looked like crap...  Everyone's still on the kick that they need to just get in a groove, get over this hump and all click together, but part of me really wonders if it's just a deeper issue with the team.  The secondary ate it ALL night...  once again too Townsend's height became an issue with his ability to defend.

I'm just disappointed right now...  1 and 3 to start the season is just attrocious.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 9, 2006, 12:42 AM »
Less atrocious than 0-4 - which is what the Bucs are.

Although it was fun waching Gradkowski take over - he was pretty impressive for a guy getting his first start - 2 TD's, 0 INT's and a 108 QB Rating.

Unfortunately, special teams gave Reggie Bush the late Punt Return TD so instead of all the headlines being about the impressive rookie QB, they're about New Orleans and Reggie Bush...

This team needs youth on defense and they need it badly.  Hopefully if they end up picking in the top 5 again in next year's draft, they'll spend their first 3 or 4 picks on defense.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2006, 02:39 PM »
A most excellent weekend for sports

first my team wins... yeah niners! ;D

next TO gets punked in Philly; 2 good results here 1. cowboys lose ;D 2. TO sucked...even better, through 4 games she's( ;)) playing it out pretty well to my preseason prediction of being a bust this year. ;D

Topping it off, Yankees get punked out of playoffs yet again, horay! ;D

8)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2006, 10:15 AM »
Mikey? 

Where's your weekly channel game coverage overlay? :-\

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I figured people could just check the link I posted each week, but I could do the maps if it's easier for everyone.

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox single game

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Ahh right! A San Fran game on TV 2 weeks in a row! ;D
Thx Mikey!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2006, 04:03 PM »

next TO gets punked in Philly; 2 good results here 1. cowboys lose ;D 2. TO sucked...even better, through 4 games she's( ;)) playing it out pretty well to my preseason prediction of being a bust this year. ;D

8)

Hey I'm just wondering if you have anything cute to say now, after the Cowboys game today.

I'll give you a hint here:

Good things come in 3's.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006, 12:08 AM »
What a crazy ******* game, ******* Bears got lucky again...they should have lost to the Vikes and tonight and got the breaks in both.  THeir D is phenomenal I give you that but the O is not as good as being hyped

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006, 01:57 AM »
Steelers stepped it up Sunday...  Things clicked finally, it was a much needed win.  I just hope they realize there are plenty of tough(er) opponents on the menu too and that they've got to get it together even more... 

BTW the take-down of Polamalu on the turn-over by his hair was fantastic.  :)  Don't see that every day.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12 AM »
What a crazy ******* game, ******* Bears got lucky again...they should have lost to the Vikes and tonight and got the breaks in both. THeir D is phenomenal I give you that but the O is not as good as being hyped

The Bears are really the only team I keep track of - with that said, that was probably the best (and worst) pro football game I've ever seen.

Great comeback (on behalf of the defense) - horrible performance by the offense.  Grossman played  like he was being paid to throw the game.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2006, 09:40 AM »
There was a game a few years ago (Bucs vs Colts) that was the craziest game I've ever seen, this one is a close second.  I still can't believe the Bears won that game.  Anyone see Green's news conference?  Classic...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2006, 12:51 PM »
  Anyone see Green's news conference?  Classic...

That was great.  I feel sorry for the guy, his team, and all of the fans ..... but his meltdown had me cracking up.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Warning, he swears a couple of times...Here it is

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2006, 05:38 PM »
Ooookay then coach!

Nobody thought they had a chance to beat the Bears anyhow.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2006, 08:14 PM »

8)

Hey I'm just wondering if you have anything cute to say now, after the Cowboys game today.

I'll give you a hint here:

Good things come in 3's.

Well, I ?guess? you are talking about TO's 3 TD :-\ ::). I still believe TO is a fansasy bust still so far..I challenge you to argue it...? My position is that in week 1 he had an 'average' TO week..something you'd expect him to get every week in a normal year and what since then?
So, he gave owners 3 TD's this week ::)...and so that gives up 2 decent weeks out of 5 ..which for a short fantasy season (for most good leagues have playoffs a couple weeks before the end of the season because star's rest) that equals a bust in a short season..and hopefully a lot of weekly losses for those who didn't see it coming and made him a early round pick ;). So, I predicted all this before the season, that he would bust for fantasy, that he would fight injury ect ..so, whatever. Can some fantasy owner come in here and tell me they were not frustrated with TO's production after 4 weeks?...crickets?

Could you be talking about the Plowboys 3 wins so far or their score at halftime to a sad team? If it's about the win, I don't care..I only savior losses by that team and not wins so it matters little to me. Win or lose I still hate them.

In other news....Coach Green made me laugh last nite. That response was hillarious. The last I saw a game like that the team came back with a return and D TD to win, and even that was a while ago, however..I've never personally seen a game where the team made up 3 non-offense TD's to win..Crazy! What is it with those Cardinals-- they've been letting teams back into games every week by their defense falling apart then this week the D looks better and this time their offense and special teams give it up= same result :(. Even in their only win they let the opponent back in with a chance to tie it up ::).

--My 49ers ate it bad but at least they scored more points against San Diego than anyone :-\. We'll get mostly D players in next years' draft.