Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56880 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2006, 08:47 PM »
A most excellent weekend for sports

first my team wins... yeah niners! ;D

next TO gets punked in Philly; 2 good results here 1. cowboys lose ;D 2. TO sucked...even better, through 4 games she's( ;)) playing it out pretty well to my preseason prediction of being a bust this year. ;D

Topping it off, Yankees get punked out of playoffs yet again, horay! ;D

8)

Hey I'm just wondering if you have anything cute to say now, after the Cowboys game today.

I'll give you a hint here:

Good things come in 3's.

Well, I ?guess? you are talking about TO's 3 TD :-\ ::). I still believe TO is a fansasy bust still so far..I challenge you to argue it...? My position is that in week 1 he had an 'average' TO week..something you'd expect him to get every week in a normal year and what since then?
So, he gave owners 3 TD's this week ::)...and so that gives up 2 decent weeks out of 5 ..

Week 1 - healthy, good yards and a TD
Week 2 - broke hand in 1st quarter
Week 3 - bye
Week 4 - 5 rec, 88 yards including a 46 yard catch
Week 5 - only bad week, targeted 13 times, caught 3.  Philadelphia game.
Week 6 - 3 TDs

If you eliminate the broken hand game, he has had 1 bad game and has been pretty good.  It all depends where in the draft you got him.  If he's your #2 WR like on my team, he's been great.  It depends what he does from here on out.

My beef is that you refuse to acknowledge that he is one of the Top 10 receivers of all time.  He's ranked 4th in history in multiple TD games and in the top 10 in all time TD's and yards.

The other thing is that he is tough.  He comes back from injuries twice as fast as everyone else.  And he's hard to tackle, he specializes in yards after the catch.

If you're relying on him as your #1 WR, then you might be a little disappointed with him so far despite the 4 TDs due to the Week 2 broken hand and bad Week 5 game, but if he's your 2nd or 3rd best receiver on your team like he is on mine with Torry Holt, Donte' Stallworth and even Marques Colston (WR/TE 400 yards, 4 TDs), then believe me you're not complaining.  But almost nobody drafted TO as their #1 WR this year with the hamstring in the preseason (yet another injury he totally healed from, and quickly).

Go ahead and ask the people in my league who is eager to face my squad.  TO is one of many reasons.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2006, 08:33 AM »
Week 7 maps

CBS single game

Fox double header
Game 1

Game 2
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2006, 06:22 PM »
That second Fox game is pretty funny. The people in Oakland don't even get the Oakland game. :D
"This is the way."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2006, 06:24 PM »
That second Fox game is pretty funny. The people in Oakland don't even get the Oakland game. :D
Probably because they know it will not be sold out

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I'm a little bit late with the MNF comments.  Anyway, I could not believe the Bears got that one.  Maybe it's because I'm a Bears fan but for some reason I kept thinking the entire game that "the Bears still got a chance....they still got a chance...." I thought that was really strange that they actually won it though.  I was jumping around the house and screaming like a mad man that last 5 minutes.  LOL.   

Anyway, there went any thoughts of 16-0 for me though.  I am not even that sure they can win a playoff game if Grossman has more turd games like that.  Nevertheless I think the Bears are going to have a crazy good season.  It won't be dull.   

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2006, 09:20 AM »
Boy, this week for me being in a section of the NE on the map, may be the first time I really have no interest in any of these games.  Browns and Broncos - nope, Jets and Lions - nope, Colts and Redskins maybe a little bit but barely.

Plus no Sunday night game due to the World Series that I'm also not watching  :-X

Guess I'm kinda uninspired until Giants/Cowboys on MNF

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2006, 07:26 PM »
Steelers game was heartbreaking...   :-\  Fun to watch but a frustrating loss and really starts putting the Steelers feet into the fire here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2006, 10:48 PM »
I disagree Jesse. I think if they lose 2 more we can say it then.

My take on this week

--The Bucs/Eagles game had a lot of similarities between the
   bears/cardinals game last week :o ::) :P That kick was 
   something though, I bet it pissed off a lot of football poolers
--I can't believe/didn't expect so many points scored in a Steelers
  /Falcons game. With those defenses?..Wow :o
  Hines Ward..Now THAT is a Good WR weekend 3 TD's AND ALOT
  of yards...it was just..shoeless! Too bad the Steeres line had to dumb it up with the game on the line and a FS! ::). Considering how much I dislike M. Vick I was dissapointed Pittsburgh lost :(.
--Pleased with the seahawks loss or.. er, ah.. potential QB loss?
--ALOT of upsets this weekend
--Pleased with the Cardinal loss too..I wonder if the Raiders 
   were who C. Green thought they were? LOL. Yay, for 2 weeks my team is not last in their division! :D

Brought to you by the DS ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:23 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2006, 10:56 PM »

something though

The Eagles rallied from being down all game with offense, then lost on a 62 yard freak FG.  The Cardinals on MNF had the game totally in hand and then lost to the Bears on special teams and turnovers.  Where is the similarity there?  In one case the Eagles rallied with offense but still lost, in the other the Cardinals had the game stripped from them on freak defensive plays.

Hines Ward..Now THAT is a Good WR weekend 3 TD's AND ALOT
  of yards...it was just..shoeless!

I'll take that as another shot at Terrell Owens.  Hines Ward won't be anywhere near Owens in any of the all time categories when the dust settles.  You still didn't reply to my last post.

--Pleased with the seahawks loss or.. er, ah.. potential QB loss?

Pleased that another human being is injured?  Nice.  But having read your take on Steve Irwin, I can't say that I'm surprised.

???

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2006, 11:44 AM »

something though

The Eagles rallied from being down all game with offense, then lost on a 62 yard freak FG.  The Cardinals on MNF had the game totally in hand and then lost to the Bears on special teams and turnovers.  Where is the similarity there?  In one case the Eagles rallied with offense but still lost, in the other the Cardinals had the game stripped from them on freak defensive plays.
[

In the game? I'll tell you -- Another huge mismatch in statistics, another game where the defensive makes up the majority of the scoring for the winning team, another game where the team with high offensive stats loses to the team with hardly any, another game where a rare skill play (yes, a 62 yard field goals are as rare as kick returns-- actually more rare) decides the win. The flow of the game WAS different but there was still much similarity between the 2 games. Bet I could find more similarities if you're feeling deep today Dressel?

"Hines Ward won't be anywhere near Owens in any of the all time categories when the dust settles."

'Super bowl wins a part of' HW- 1    TO- 0 and...justifiably, who will have more fans OR who will be more hated in the end regardless of stats?

On another note, I watched Marvin Harrison score a couple more TD's yesterday - no fancy end zone celebration as usual(ala JR)..he doesn't have to draw attention or respect to himself, he's earned it by his play. Really classy and modest..I like it. Some veterans in the league after several years still feel they need to do this...Q: 'what's he gonna do next?(in the end zone)' A: I don't give a **** ::).

--I also noticed the league is starting to crack down on excessive TD celebrations in the end zone this year. The call against Randel Ell(did I spell it wrong Jesse?) was like the 3rd or 4th one I've seen this year already..and those guys are doing things that I've seen for years. 'unsportsman-like conduct in the end zone' are they gonna rename the rule after players?--  can think of 4 or 5. but really 2 who don't get enough attention at home.

"You still didn't reply to my last post."

:'(I didn't know it was required :'(..sorry to neglect you for that ::) but there were no Q's in there..and, I didn't feel baited either so = no reply.

Yes, I am pleased he is hurt..I know it is recoverable. I also know alot of folks who smile or have a sigh of relief when the the 'other' teams important guy gets(not critically) hurt(potentially helping their team to win)..actually, you can see it at stadiums ect in all team sports. The difference between me and them is that I will say it and admit it. You can paint it how you want I could care less.
People get hurt all the time in a contact sport like football. Just because someone gets hit hard and doesn't break a bone doesn't mean it didn't hurt like hell for them..and..yet amazingly, Dressel, folks cheer when their favorites defensive players makes a huge hit. People get hit hard and fans cheer--what an amazing point you have discovered Dressel!It's the business of it. Football is a rough game and there are fans of offense and defense.
The offensive fans never point out a punishing block do they ::)? Now, when a player kicks a player in the head or otherwise cheats (see Sapp's career changing face mask on Jerry Rice) I don't condone that--most folks would not of course.

I guess what I'm, saying is that, yeah if I only watched football to see great, no contact, walking into the end zone untouched-type-plays then I would be a like-to-see-no-one-hurt-type of Fan. I don't think that exists if you truly love football..unless you like FLAG football ::).

The DS
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 12:55 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2006, 10:27 PM »

Yes, I am pleased he is hurt..I will say it and admit it. You can paint it how you want I could care less.

The DS

You're not going to find anyone else to agree with you there, and you're not gonna find anyone to take your side in the Irwin thread either.

All I can say is that your thought process is disturbing, at a minimum.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2006, 11:19 PM »
Out of all the sports fans I've talked to in sports bars and at various message boards, it's generally considered one of the most classless things you can do to wish injury on or celebrate the injury of a player.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2006, 11:58 PM »
I think it's Randle El, but I could very well be wrong on that...  I know the El part is right though...  1 L, not 2.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2006, 12:47 AM »
Ok, thanks Jesse

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile