Author Topic: NFL 2006-07  (Read 56571 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2006-07
« Reply #120 on: November 1, 2006, 02:06 PM »
About Owens and Urlacher at the top of the "Most Overrated Player" poll...

The media may as well rename the poll "Players that all the other NFL players are most jealous of" poll.

That's how I read the results.

If I remember correctly, Jeter was near the top of the baseball one a couple years ago.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 1, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Yes, you remembered it correctly..I thought about it too. There is something to your renaming of it as well. When was this poll completed?

about TO-- I would agree here solely based on his lower touchdowns this year to this point.
Urlacher-disagree
Vick- agree IF this poll was completed prior to the last 2 games where he finally started to look like a passing QB.
Manning Bros- disagree mostly unless players are trying to say they're not afraid of Peyton because of his postseason history-and that's if you buy in that the teams' losses are only Peyton's fault-and I don't
Keyshawn Johnson-I agree-though I do wonder if the players picked him because they hate him and his mouth?
Warren Sapp- totally agree-in fact I feel he should have been alot higher-replacing those I disagreed with
Woodson Totally agree, like Sapp, I feel he should be higher

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 1, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Week 9 TV games

CBS Doubleheader
Game 1

Game 2

Fox single game

Of course, don't forget the Sunday Night Game - Colts at Patriots ;D

And one more thing, CBS really needs to switch to HD for all their games. It sucks to watch games in standard def after you've been used to HD.  Luckily every game I've gotten this year has been in HD and I hope it stays that way.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 1, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Yes, you remembered it correctly..I thought about it too. There is something to your renaming of it as well. When was this poll completed?

about TO-- I would agree here solely based on his lower touchdowns this year to this point.

You and I are gonna argue about this to the end.  But, I still gotta disagree with you there.  Only 3 players in all of the NFL have more receiving touchdowns than Terrell Owens.  That is Torry Holt (7), Darrell Jackson (6) and Marques Colston (6).  The season is still young, and if at the halfway point you are tied for 4th in the NFL among wide receivers in scores, well, you're doing pretty well.  Owens could easily be in the lead by Week 10.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: November 1, 2006, 03:54 PM »
I think TO is a self-centered loudmouth and often the cause of many team distractions, but as a Wide Receiver on the football field, he definitely isn't overrated.

When he is healthy and focused, he can be one of the most dangerous receivers out there.  Same goes for Randy Moss.  I think they suffer from distractions (self-caused by ego), but they are still great receivers.

When I think over-rated, I tend to think about guys like Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf.  Those guys were overrated...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 1, 2006, 04:26 PM »
One thing's for sure - Urlacher is one of the hardest working players in the league.  Remember Monday's game from a few weeks back?

The guy plays every down like it's his last.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 1, 2006, 08:15 PM »
agreed ..Urlacher doesn't need to be in there, TO however to me, from what I know...isn't putting up TO-like touchdown numbers at this point in the season-I don't care about injury excuses either-- guys with a super workout regimen aren't supposed to be injured all the time right(ala Jerry Rice)? There should be no one tied with him or above him at this point..oh well I guess I just disagree with you guys here   :-\.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 1, 2006, 10:31 PM »
In TO's defense, he really hasn't had the best QB situation so far this season.  To score TDs, a receiver needs a QB to get him the ball.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 2, 2006, 10:45 AM »
According to him though, his last 2 QB's weren't good enough to do that to his liking(ala Keyshawn Johson?)--which is really BS if you look at those QB's and ratings/abilities/stats those years ::). I get fed up with all the wide-open critical drops he does throughout his years in the league..it's one thing I notice from what I consider 'elite' receivers over the last 9 years don't do..they don't drop the ball when they're wide open because they look to make a play too soon. That something great players have to shake off in their early years..I got to watch TO many years in San Fran--was always crying about not getting the ball enough (even though often he was thrown to more than 50% of the time in games) then they would throw him an easy one and he would look for a play and drop it ::).

Then TO cries about a QB not having a strong enough arm..ect. These complaints don't happen soon or early but they do come eventually. This is my argument for why there is no matching permanent fit for TO. Eventually he's gonna piss the relationship away. I noticed him walking to the sideline on one of Jones' 4th quarter TDs (he didn't congratulate him either) and TO's face looked plain...not smiling like when your team is up by alot(gonna win) and just scored. Just give him the damn ball already ::) :'(.

the DS

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 5, 2006, 05:04 PM »
I about threw up watching  the Bears play today.  Yuck.  I don't really care that they lost to the Dolphins but I hate seeing them turn the ball over 6 times.  I did not really think they could do that again like they did in AZ.  But they did and that's 2 out of the last 3 games.  Sigh.  I'm kind of falling off the Super Bowl mentality and just hope they make the playoffs  ???

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 5, 2006, 07:15 PM »
Today was quite tasty!

First, my fav team wins-who cares how ugly, a W is a W in this league. --GO NINERS

Second my most hated NFL team lost... And all the announcers  and analysts could mention was how TO blew it by dropping a TD/critical play....again. On the postgame show I think Bradshaw had said TO leads the league(WRs) in passes dropped--he might be right. Actually, they were all talking **** about TO( and I don't think they were jealous) about his stupid flag after his sleeping TD dance..ect. I guess someone forgot to tell TO that the game was still on/work wasn't over and not time to go to sleep yet ;D
I wonder if anything will come of him yelling at Parcells on the sideline...one can hope ::).
Yea! Compokes lose!

The Bears lost the way they have been winning; by turnovers setting up scores. It was kind of weird to hear the anouncement of the game being switched(you usually only hear that this year when the Bears are blowing out their opponent/not the other way around :-\

Now, just waiting for what I expect to be an awesome Sun. night matchup...we'll see!

The DS

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 5, 2006, 11:42 PM »
On the Sunday night game...

A good showing..I felt the Colts would win, that the game would be within a TD.

What I never expected....

TB to throw 4 pics :o
A. Vinatierri to miss 2 kicks..was he paid off? He sure didn't look like the greatest kicker in the league out there tonite ::).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: November 6, 2006, 02:54 AM »
but I hate seeing them turn the ball over 6 times.

Boy...  Don't I know THAT feeling this year.  ::)

The Steelers have outplayed most of their opponents this year, and I believe the same could be said for today's game pretty much, but they hand the win over to them by handing them the ball quite literally...  And it's just frustrating beyond belief.  Granted though, at least this week more than Ben gave the ball to the Broncos...  Seemed like a real team effort to just give the W to someone else this week.  I guess that at least shows teamwork going on, on some totally screwed up level.

Oh and if I see Cowher acting like an indignant prick again on TV, I might just bail on watching the rest of the season (not likely, but I'm pissed).  The man has no right to be bitchy when he's asked really legitimate questions about why they eat so much ass this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 6, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Jesse, how do you feel about them throwing in the rest of the season for a good draft?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 6, 2006, 03:52 PM »
I about threw up watching the Bears play today. Yuck. I don't really care that they lost to the Dolphins but I hate seeing them turn the ball over 6 times. I did not really think they could do that again like they did in AZ. But they did and that's 2 out of the last 3 games. Sigh. I'm kind of falling off the Super Bowl mentality and just hope they make the playoffs ???

What's the story with the Bears?  Losing to Miami and almost to Arizona? 

All of Miami's points (all 28 of 'em) were off of Chicago turnovers. 

Their offense is overrated - not Urlacher.  Time for a new QB.