Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 173378 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2003, 01:44 PM »
I've been thinking about getting the Origin Wolverine and Grey Hulk.   So, it looks like bye-bye to more cash.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2003, 01:56 PM »
Any and all Wolverine's are tempting.  I can only find them for around $40 Cdn though, so that's a bit much.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2003, 07:36 PM »
The lowest I've seen them in the NY area is $15 american

Feedback

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2003, 10:49 PM »
DC figs do indeed suck, but being a Marvel guy, I don't mind much.  Probably because so much Batman stuff has been produced.  Even the Justice League figures are statue like.  Certainly not posable like the Legends line.  

Yea, you're right. I am also a Marvel girl, have been since I really got into comics, back in the 5th grade. And even before that Marvel was the place to get the only titles I ever picked up Transformers and GI JOE. Then suffice to say after starting with Fantastic Four #305 I was hooked.

But I do have a soft spot for DC, after all in the 80's they had the Superman movies, re-runs of the delightfully campy Batman show, and weekend airings of the campy  Batman movie, and of course the Super Friends. The only thing that ruined it, were those stupid Ownder Twins. ::) Plus I still remember bits and pieces of Wonder Woman with Linda Carter. So DC has been with me since youth, but comics wise there is no freakin comparison, Marvel all the way, or better yet; make mine Marvel!!!!!

Also in the 80's DC's  Super Power's figures were so much better than Marvel's Secret Wars line. But now Marvel Legends beats them hands down.

Speaking of Marvel Legends I am so jonesin for the Punisher figugure. I haven't had one since the crappy Toy Biz one from way back in the days. back when Ty Biz was crappy. So who here collected those figures, just cause we were happy to get any Marvel figures!!! ;D I know I was, but theyr were pretty bad. Good thing Toy Biz has improved so much since then.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2003, 11:18 PM »
#305?  Lord, I think that's about when I stopped collecting.  Groan :-\

Anyhoo, about Toybiz, yep, I have a few around here now.  Still carded too, though some tooth marks from kitty.  A wolvie, Venom, green goblin, spidey, cable and Angel (Archangel).  Didn't have much money at the time, being in grad school and all (maybe undergrad?).  I didn't mind them so much, good for the time, not so for now.  

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2003, 06:05 AM »
yah dc direct isn't the greatest line...they use this really weird glaze on hands (green lantern especially). I like the new super friends boxed sets though. sinestro looks good and so does black manta. and if they do a wonder twins set it will be the greatest set ever. as long as it comes with gleek.

anyway, saw some carded shots on ebay of punisher, gambit, and beast. any word on when they will be out? punisher looked pretty nice.  looks like he comes with a cart load of weapons.

must have conan the barbarian.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2003, 11:40 AM »
Conan would be a cool figure.  As long as they did the comic book version and not the Arnie version.  

I was expecting ML IV to be out in the US now.  The US has been one line ahead of us since they started but now we've caught up.  Probably waiting out the summer lull to start shipping.  July/August?  Soon, I hope.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2003, 12:24 PM »
I think Toy Biz is waiting for the Hulk to hit theaters, first.  I don't think they want ML4 to compete with the Hulk line, and that might be delaying series 4.

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2003, 12:48 PM »
Just picked up Ghost Rider.  I have to wait until Monday to open him though  :(

Common sense isn't so common