Author Topic: In Memory of Those Who Died  (Read 6191 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: In Memory of Those Who Died
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2008, 09:45 AM »
In Memory of those who died seven years ago.
Rebelscum Thread on the Attack

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 12:43 PM »
Hard to believe that it was 8 years ago that this attack happened.  At times it seems like it was just yesterday that our world changed.  RIP to those that died and god bless those who survived and the families of the ones that didn't.

ETA: One of the things that gets to me is looking at my nieces and seeing how old there are now compared to then. My oldest was 2 1/2 years old while the other one wasn't even born yet, my Brother in Law was at a police academy up north so my sister drove to my parents house and all of my family was watching the news, except my dad who went to his school that day. Watching the events with my niece in the room was a downer for me since I knew that she would never know what it was like before this day. She would probably be like me, and Pearl Harbor, towards these events not knowing the emotion of that day.
One day I need to save the first 6 pages of this thread so that it will be available for my kids in the future.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 09:30 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 03:10 PM »
Wow, the last few years have gone by quickly.  I remember that morning well.  I was in my apartment in Seattle getting ready for work and a coworker called and asked me if I was watching what was going on on TV.  I wasn't at the time, but I turned on the tube and couldn't believe my eyes.  Shocking and crazy at the same time.  Never forget.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 07:48 AM »
I remember that night here when it was announced, we ended up sitting glued to the tv till the sun came up, still gives me shivers.

One thing that i feel kinda weird when ever i watch a movie that has the towers still there, I get just a little sad, one knowing that they arent there any more and I guess more so because of the lives that were lost.

I hope they found peace and the ppl responsible rot
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself