Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Official Movie Thread

<< < (324/353) > >>

P-Siddy:

--- Quote from: Diddly on December  4, 2014, 09:08 PM ---So is this a reboot?

--- End quote ---

Not really... it looks like they sent Kyle Reese back to save Sarah, but since it already happened, they have a T-800 to fit the first T-800, but there's also another Terminator, not sure if it's a T-1000 or newer version, in the mix.

Hemish:
The idea that it's set in the time period of the first one has me intrigued.
The action looks good and CGI 84 Arnie looked the goods.
Can't wait to see it.

Phrubruh:
So what does Arnold have to play an aged Terminator? Why not just make him one of the inventors of Skynet?  Skynet could then use Arnold's image for the base Terminator model. He would then have to fight against younger versions of himself.

Diddly:

--- Quote from: P-Siddy on December  4, 2014, 09:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Diddly on December  4, 2014, 09:08 PM ---So is this a reboot?

--- End quote ---

Not really... it looks like they sent Kyle Reese back to save Sarah, but since it already happened, they have a T-800 to fit the first T-800, but there's also another Terminator, not sure if it's a T-1000 or newer version, in the mix.

--- End quote ---

Considering the last two Terminator films ranged from "meh" to "what in the actual hell is this," they might as well reboot the franchise. The trailer made sure to shoehorn in every single reference to T2 as any other franchise reboot would anyway. I'll see it but I think my expectations are going to be really, really low... this is already coming out in a packed year and has to compete against Avengers, Star Wars and what looks to be a great 007 flick.

DSJ™:
New Mad Max: Fury Road - Official Theatrical Teaser Trailer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version