Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 349665 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #690 on: February 14, 2008, 04:54 AM »
Got to see Diary of the Dead this evening. It's the second time I've seen it and it gets better each time I see it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 18, 2008, 08:31 PM »
I caught Jumper on Friday... interesting, to say the least. I'd say it's more of a rent/buy on DVD flick. Also, Samuel L. Jackson has this awful wig that makes him look like Sisqo. Made me and my friends chuckle.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #692 on: February 18, 2008, 11:50 PM »
I finally was able to catch Juno last night. It really was an enjoyable flick, and is deserving of all the praise it has recieved. Ellen Page was great. I really don't think it is possible for Michael Cera to play character that is not incredibly awkward.
"This is the way."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 22, 2008, 12:42 AM »

Wow...Just found out about this flick tonight and it looks like a very stupid movie.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 23, 2008, 05:18 PM »
Watched Vantage Point last night.  I enjoyed it very much.  It didn't have a single dull moment.  Good stuff.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #695 on: February 23, 2008, 08:50 PM »
Watched Vantage Point last night.  I enjoyed it very much.  It didn't have a single dull moment.  Good stuff.

Any Lost references  ;D ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #696 on: February 24, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I saw vantage point yesterday and although I wasn't disappointed overall, there was one thing that bugged me and I had figured it out really early on in the movie.

I think I've just seen way too many of this type of movie.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline bamaker

• Youngling
  • Hey, look at this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 27, 2008, 12:08 AM »
The wife and I took the day off and went and caught No Country For Old Men.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, but had to apologize to my wife all afternoon for making her sit through such a violent film.  I'd read some reviews, and knew the last 20 minutes of the film kind of take a left turn, and left a lot of people scratching their heads.  But I thought the ending was great and really showed the movie isn't about the $2 million or a psychopathic hitman, but it's really about fate & chance and whether or not we can control fate & chance with the decisions we make.  I thought the cinematography was beautiful (but I've always been partial to west Texas & New Mexico), and the landscape may have been one of the most important characters in the film.

I give the film an enthusiastic thumbs-up!  Now, I haven't seen any of the other films that were nominated for Best Picture, but I have no argument against the Best Picture win for No Country at the 2008 Academy Awards.  The casting was spot-on for the most part.  Tommy Lee Jones was made for these kinds of roles.  Josh Brolin did a fantastic job as a man who constantly made dumb decisions.   And Javier Bardem is probably the scariest man on the planet.  If he walked into my office or my house, I swear I'd just shoot myself and save him the trouble.  I think even Chuck Norris would soil himself if he had to face Chigurh.   I will admit, though, that it was jarring when "Woody Boyd" and "Jimmy James" showed up on screen.  Plus I thought the cancer-ridden mother-in-law seemed too much like a caricature, like Vicki Lawrence on Mama's Family.

Anyway, great, great film!  I think I love the Coen Brothers.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 6, 2008, 09:43 PM »
So I Am Legend comes out on DVD in a couple of weeks.... Anyone getting it? For those that are on the fence, check out the amazing alternative ending, much closer to the theme of the book.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 1, 2008, 10:23 PM »
I picked up I Am Legend, 3:10 to Yuma, and No Country for Old Men over the past couple of weeks. Only watched the first two so far.

The slighty extended I Am Legend was good, but not much more than that little end part. Seeing the hand Grenade ending a second time made me glad it was in the film, as it was much more heroic and badass than the alternate ending.

I went out on a limb and purchased 3:10 (hadn't seen it, looked good) and it was $20 well spent. Russell Crowe was very believable as a Southern Cowboy guy, lots of terrific action, and a surprising fate for the hero character. I hope No Country is just as good.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #700 on: April 1, 2008, 10:51 PM »
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Enjoy

Adam

april fools

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #701 on: April 2, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I went out on a limb and purchased 3:10 (hadn't seen it, looked good) and it was $20 well spent. Russell Crowe was very believable as a Southern Cowboy guy, lots of terrific action, and a surprising fate for the hero character. I hope No Country is just as good.

I recently watch 3:10 to Yuma and thought it was fabulous. Christian Bale continues to prove he's one of the best actors in Hollywood. Also Ben Foster (Charlie Price) was a bad ass! Hard to believe that this is the same guy who play Angel in X-Men The Last Stand.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 2, 2008, 09:35 AM »
Got out to my first movie in a while, the Bank Job. Well worth seeing, fun movie.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 3, 2008, 12:23 AM »
Watched No Country for Old Men today... I thought it was really good. Very interesting, and I'm probably going to pick up the book soon. Now, I watch a lot of horror movies, but I haven't been scared by any character more that the killer in No Country. That actor... his performance... scared me shitless.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #704 on: April 3, 2008, 12:42 AM »
The Bank Job was a much better movie than No Country for Old Men.
This is the way.

I have spoken.