Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 349678 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 5, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Lets remake another movie!  ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: August 5, 2004, 03:02 PM »
Hey now, I kinda liked The Mummy (not the sequel so much though).   :-[  But then again, I usually enjoy those cheesy, action flick, summer blockbuster, mindless popcorn kinda movies.  I'm pretty easily entertained I guess...

Hell, I still get a kick outta watching that old 80's Flash flick, when I occasionally run across it on the tube.  Talk about cheese.  Good stuph!   :P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2004, 09:08 PM »
okay, i was able to check out open water tonight, and let me tell you this much... the one thing in my life left to do before i die from that list (you all made that list right... things to do before you die?) was scuba diving. well, i can cross that one off, because after watching this movie, i really don't want to go anymore.

not a horror movie per se, but it was a damn terrifying experience to say the least.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2004, 01:07 AM »
Got a chance to see Sky Captain tonight thanks to none other than Phillip Wise getting us on a sneak preview list.

Absolutely loved it.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2004, 09:00 AM »
Got a chance to see Sky Captain tonight thanks to none other than Phillip Wise getting us on a sneak preview list.

Absolutely loved it.

Holy, thats an early preview. Sept 17th I think is the release date. I'm looking forward to seeing it.  8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2004, 06:35 PM »
I went to see Napoleon Dynamite this week. Terrible. Maybe I just didn't get what the point was.
Anyway, I won't be buying that when it shows on DVD.

Going to see Alien vs. Predator this weekend. Hopefully it's got plenty of barbarism, even if it's rated PG-13.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2004, 09:05 PM »
I can see how some people wouldn't care for Napoleon Dynamite, but I caught it last week and absolutely loved it. There's no real point to the movie, but the complete randomness and insane characters more than made up for it. I'm having a hard time deciding if I like Kip or Uncle Rico better though, the entire cast was superb. Napoleon's look of utter disgust every time he encountered something he didn't like will stick with me for a very long time!

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2004, 06:35 AM »

"How...****** up...is that?"

I've been looking forward to this flick, then I noticed DBB posted about it on scum. Looks freaky...

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2004, 09:18 AM »
Dont know why we wasted the money, but please let the Alien/Predator franchise die.   Unless Cameron or Ridley Scott is involved I aint interested.  And they totally destroyed the whole Dark Horse Alien/Predator storyline.  LAME!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2004, 09:19 AM by rebeltrader »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2004, 09:21 AM »
i was all set to go and see that yesterday, until i read a few online reviews that were bitching about how lame and bad it was. not that i expected to see oscar caliber performances, but the reviews i read made me change my mind.

what a disappointment. they could have made such an awesome movie out of this idea, and it looks like they just screwed it all up. ******' hollywood.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2004, 12:45 PM »

I've been looking forward to this flick, then I noticed DBB posted about it on scum. Looks freaky...

I posted about it in the horror movie thread here weeks ago.  I saw the first trailer 2 months ago, the second trailer 5 weeks ago and the third trailer 2 weeks ago.   

In closing, I saw it on Bloody-disgusting.com way before DBB ever did and am a little disappointed that everyone seems to have seen his thread there before noticing that I reported on it here. 

Offline Durge

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2004, 01:44 PM »

LMAO! That is one ****** up movie poster. :o

SilverZ

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2004, 01:11 AM »
Wow, I just got back from enduring AVP on my free movie ticket that came with the Predator DVD. Without one single iota of embellishment, this is the worst movie I've seen in years. It's an outright assault on good taste.

What makes it worse is you can do nothing except think about the cool movie that could have been, if only there were, well, a different director/writer, editor, cast, sfx team, and composer.

It's the first time in a long while where I've actually laughed out loud at a movie, purely out of disbelief. What a pile of garbage!

SilverZ

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2004, 02:31 AM »
For fans of film scores, another giant has died:

Elmer Bernstein dead at 82

He wrote the score for The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, and True Grit. And yes, he also did Stripes and Airplane.

This comes just a few short weeks after Jerry Goldsmith. We're losing the great film composers fast. Then we're stuck with the modern guys, who really haven't risen to anywhere near the skill these guys had.  :(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2004, 03:03 AM »
For fans of film scores, another giant has died:

Elmer Bernstein dead at 82

He wrote the score for The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, and True Grit. And yes, he also did Stripes and Airplane.

This comes just a few short weeks after Jerry Goldsmith. We're losing the great film composers fast. Then we're stuck with the modern guys, who really haven't risen to anywhere near the skill these guys had.  :(

Has Bloody-disgusting.com reported on this yet?  Until they do and the info is relayed to a fresh thread at rebelscum, we can't confirm that this is true.