Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350336 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #360 on: May 22, 2006, 01:14 AM »
I'm surprised that it's not doing better than it is.

I'm not.

People are totally ******* sick of this guy.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 22, 2006, 01:20 AM »
Anybody watch The DaVinci Code?

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 22, 2006, 04:53 AM »
X3 looks great.  I hope Brett Ratner doesn't screw it up.

Snakes on a Plane is THE movie of the summer.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 22, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I like Ratner. I think he's pretty competent, so I have some faith that it could hold up to Singer's versions.

Speaking of Singer, I'm really hoping for a decent Superman. I have tons of respect out of the fact that Singer can make a decent movie (although he's a screamer) and that he recognizes that Donner did set the bar.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 22, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I'm surprised that it's not doing better than it is.

I'm not.

People are totally ******* sick of this guy.

You can tell he's got a new publicist.  I saw him on Regis and The Tonight Show and all he talked about was family and how great his fans are. 

Right before the commercial break(s), the camera followed Tommy as he strolled through the audience - taking pictures with fans, smiling ear to ear and shaking hands.

Too late Tom....

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 22, 2006, 10:46 AM »
Any bets on what'll be bigger in terms of box office gross - Superman or X3?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #366 on: May 22, 2006, 11:05 AM »
I saw Over the Hedge yesterday (just didn't feel like cramming into the over-packed Da Vinci showings). 

Great little movie with some great voice work (Shatner was great, as was Gary Shandling).

A bit slow at times, but overall, better than some of the other crappy movies I've seen.

And, before the movie we saw a preview for The Santa Clause 3 - yeah, like we needed another one of those...  ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 22, 2006, 11:06 AM »
Definitely a pretty good summer for movies, depending on your interests.  I'm personally looking most forward to X-Men: The Last Stand and Superman Returns, but also movies like Pirates of the Caribbean 2.  There are a few comedies that might not be too bad either, we'll see.  Its a tough call to say which will do better, the X-Men or Supes.  There might be a lot of pent up demand for Superman after such a long time, but the X-Men does have a strong following now.  I personally like both, but I'm sometimes curious if Superman has lost some of the mass appeal among people (aside from kiddos).  My wife and I are both big fans, but many of my friends (who aren't necessarily big comic people anyways) don't have a very high opinion of Superman.  I don't know if that represents the general movie going public or not.

Next year should be a real nice year for movies, the way it is shaping up now.  Among the movies scheduled for next year: Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Harry Potter 5, The Simpsons movie, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shrek 3, etc.  Not saying they will all be great, but there is a lot of stuff coming out.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 22, 2006, 11:51 AM »
The movie I want to see more than any other movie this year is Superman Returns.  Grew up watching the Superman movies, so this will bring back a lot of memories, but also start a new chapter.

X3: The Last Stand got two positive reviews by Ebert & Roeper.  They are still new to the X-Men, but the story is entertaining and the special effects outstanding.  I'll be seeing it on Friday!
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2006, 02:18 PM »
-X-Men 3: The Last Stand
-Superman Returns
-Pirates Of The Caribbean 2: Dead Mans Chest

These are the summer movies I wanna see.

Offline Darth Bonk

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2006, 03:30 PM »
Yeah, I think I agree with those choices.  The only thing I'm scared about with X3 is Ratner.  I think his last few movies have been total stinkers... not just bad, but unwatchable.  It looks really amazing though, so hopefully he got it right.

Superman looks great too.  Singer is awesome and I have no doubt he will score with this one.  Spacey is always great... and it was a smart move to use John Williams' score and continue the feel from the Donner films.  My only fear is this guy who plays Superman... he looks kind of goofy and we haven't seen any shots of him actually talking and acting.

Pirates 2 looks awesome.  JD rules.  Also, some good looking comedies... I hope Nacho Libre is good... love those guys.  Also, the Will Ferrell Nascar movie looks hilarious.

What else???
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:39 PM by Darth Bonk »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 22, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Any bets on what'll be bigger in terms of box office gross - Superman or X3?

I'm looking forward to X3 more, but I think that Superman Returns will have the higher gross.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 22, 2006, 03:40 PM »
I'm betting Pirates will be the biggest flick of the summer.  I have a feeling Superman is going to underperform.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I'm betting Pirates will be the biggest flick of the summer.

Maybe, but my money is on Cars.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2006, 03:51 PM »
was a smart move to use John Williams' score

Has it been confirmed that the movie will contain the original theme song?  I know the first trailer did, but I see no mention of John Williams on the movie poster..maybe I missed it.