Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 350433 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1575 on: February 26, 2014, 06:39 PM »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1576 on: February 27, 2014, 01:33 AM »
The 2:5 mark shows you the Boba Fett view of Godzilla!  :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 19, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Maybe not the type of movie that is typically discussed here, but this has generated some excitement in our household.  First teaser trailer for Peanuts (2015):

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=96290

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 20, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Good Grief!  Well, it is Blue Sky doing it so it won't be too bad. I hope it's as good as Race for your life, Charlie Brown.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 27, 2014, 08:58 PM »
First teaser trailer for the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/27/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-official-trailer

Not a whole lot to see.  It is definitely....different, but I'm trying to reserve judgement for now.  My daughter is so into the turtles now I hope that it is good, but we'll see.  I remember loving the original Turtles movie (and even the second one) when I was a kid, although I'm not sure how well they still hold up.  The current Nick toon is pretty great though.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 27, 2014, 09:16 PM »
I saw the trailer for Godzilla in a theater today.  It played really well on the big screen.  And it left me wanting to see the movie in the theater.

As for what I saw today?  It was 300 - Rise Of An Empire.  From a stylistic standpoint it took a lot from the first 300.  However, because 300 was so stylized there seems to have been a danger of a sequel looking like a parody of the first film.  Certainly that seemed to be the case with the Spartacus series on Starz.

As for the movie itself?  A number of the cast returned in varying capacities.  That gave this movie a lot of continuity with the first film.  And the Spartans were referenced heavily in this movie, which appears to have run almost parallel to the events of 300.  As for new cast, like Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green?  Stapleton took a different tack than Gerard Butler as the lead of this movie, and it works.  And Eva Green?  WOW!  The 3-D was VERY kind to her.  If you've seen the movie you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.  I've liked her ever since I saw Kingdom of Heaven, and I have to say I like her a whole lot more now!

Overall, I think this is one of the first 3-D movies I've seen in some time where it really works well for the film.  The stylization that set apart the first film and was echoed in this one really lends itself well to the 3-D process.  So if you liked the first film, consider checking this one out while it's still in theaters.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 28, 2014, 09:50 AM »

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/27/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-official-trailer

Not a whole lot to see.  It is definitely....different, but I'm trying to reserve judgement for now.  My daughter is so into the turtles now I hope that it is good, but we'll see.  I remember loving the original Turtles movie (and even the second one) when I was a kid, although I'm not sure how well they still hold up.  The current Nick toon is pretty great though.

I have a bad feeling about this...

That movie better be PG or they are completely out of touch with their core TV show audience of 6-10 year olds.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:52 AM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 28, 2014, 12:14 PM »

I have a bad feeling about this...

That movie better be PG or they are completely out of touch with their core TV show audience of 6-10 year olds.
I'm sure there will be plenty of references to testicles with M. Bay's involvement.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 21, 2014, 07:05 PM »
I saw the trailer for Godzilla in a theater today.  It played really well on the big screen.  And it left me wanting to see the movie in the theater.

Just got back from seeing Godzilla & it left me wanting to run out of the theater half way thru. Good god that was a bad flick! I rate it on a scale from 1-10 a 2 that is being kind.
1 point up from Broderick's Godzilla. As for a sequel. meh!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:05 PM by DSJ™ »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: May 22, 2014, 12:49 AM »
I caught Godzilla last week... I enjoyed the parts with Bryan Cranston and the final 20 minutes but man did the middle blow. The guy who plays the main character reeeeeeeally needs to rethink a career in Hollywood.

Worst part: The scene set in 1999 that features a kid playing with a 2004 LEGO Snowspeeder. Do they REALLY think they can get away with BS like that?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 22, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Worst part: The scene set in 1999 that features a kid playing with a 2004 LEGO Snowspeeder. Do they REALLY think they can get away with BS like that?

;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 22, 2014, 09:38 AM »

Let me guess:  your favorite part of Argo was the end credits sequence with the vintage Early Bird kit and X-Wing, right?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 22, 2014, 10:45 AM »

Let me guess:  your favorite part of Argo was the end credits sequence with the vintage Early Bird kit and X-Wing, right?

That actually WAS my favorite part of that movie!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 23, 2014, 05:56 AM »
I haven't seen Argo yet... :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #1589 on: May 24, 2014, 01:24 AM »
I haven't seen Argo yet... :-\

Stop what you are doing and get a copy of it now!  Great movie!
This is the way.

I have spoken.