Author Topic: Official Movie Thread  (Read 81577 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Official Movie Thread
« Reply #1605 on: July 29, 2014, 02:22 AM »
Surprised nobody mentioned the Mad Max: Fury Road trailer...  I watched it, and wow...  Looked pretty damn good.  No Mel Gibson feels odd though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #1606 on: July 29, 2014, 07:28 AM »
I just don't have the nostalgia for Mad Max a lot of people must have.  I only saw Thunderdome when I was young.  I watched the others more recently, and found them to be pretty goofy.  So people making a big deal of the re-make is kinda strange to me.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Same with me Bill. I remember seeing Thunderdome in the theaters and enjoying it but never saw the other two movies probably because they were rated R and I was just a little kid. I've seen them since and they are ok b-movies. They feel a little slow as you wait for more car chases. This movie could reintroduce Max to a new generation that never saw the originals. People would probably complain there are no zombies in it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1608 on: July 29, 2014, 04:39 PM »
I had older brothers and the Road Warrior movies were kind of a big deal then but I was young so the storyline was lost on me.  It's kinda funny you guys were introduced to it with the Phantom Menace of the series, haha.  I liked them as a kid...  Many Legos made recreating it. :)

New one is interesting looking.  I always wanted more backstory though.  None of the movies gave enough detail.  Prequals would be interesting I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77