I was able to witness the hilarity that is Elf yesterday for the first time. I laughed so hard during parts of that movie. It is destined to become a holiday classic for me, one of those movies that I have to put on at some point every holiday season. So far, my list of Holiday Classics that NEED to be watched at least once every year around the Christmas holiday are (in no particular order):
1) A Christmas Story - I usually don't bother with the DVD of this since TBS has their annual 24 hours of A Christmas Story ever year. 24 hours of this film in a loop. What more could you ask for?
2) Nightmare Before Christmas - more of a Haloween movie to me, but still a flick that I need to watch every year at this time. Of course, being a huge NBX fan, it's a movie that I watch all year round several times.
3) National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - need I say anything about this movie?
4) The Grinch Who Stole Christmas - the Boris Karloff narrated cartoon one, not that Jim Carrey atrocity.
5) The Year Without A Santa Claus - Heat Miser and Snow Miser are the greatest characters ever.
6) A Charlie Brown Christmas - another great classic.
7) Christmas Eve on Sesame Street - saw this when I was very young, and just loved every minute of it.
The Santa Clause - Tim Allen's Christmas film was a classic in my book. Very funny, great family flick. Not that I watch it with my family, but... whatever.
There are probably more, but that's just off the top of my head.