Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 358181 times)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1575 on: May 10, 2007, 02:15 PM »
I got the pre-order email... 5 MINUTES AGO!  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: May 10, 2007, 02:16 PM »
I got the email at 1:12 CST, not quite an hour after placing the order for Beth.  

I used that link to check and as Tom alluded to, the maquette and bustups are sold out :o but the busts are not yet ???  Consider me surprised the bustups are gone but not the busts.  No surprise the maquette is sold out, but it'll be available at other shows as well.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: May 10, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Did any of you guys order extras?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 10, 2007, 02:27 PM »
I got the email at 1:12 CST, not quite an hour after placing the order for Beth. 

I used that link to check and as Tom alluded to, the maquette and bustups are sold out :o but the busts are not yet ???  Consider me surprised the bustups are gone but not the busts.  No surprise the maquette is sold out, but it'll be available at other shows as well. 

The Bust-Ups only had 100 up for preorder as oppose to the 800 per bust, so that why the sold out while the bust haven't.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: May 10, 2007, 02:28 PM »

It's one per Rob, as I'm sure you're aware.  But the order I placed is all spoken for, sorry.  It's going to be a tough one to find extras out of this. :-\  I wanted the Yoda too, but Beth wants it and she's doing the favor, so no way am I asking her for that one.  

Tom,
Thanks for the clarification, I think I should have seen that number, but obviously ignored it.  Weird they'd do only 100 for the bustups. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 10, 2007, 02:31 PM »

It's one per Rob, as I'm sure you're aware.  But the order I placed is all spoken for, sorry.  It's going to be a tough one to find extras out of this. :-\  I wanted the Yoda too, but Beth wants it and she's doing the favor, so no way am I asking her for that one. 

I hadn't realized.  I wasn't paying too much attention because I'm not going.  Dale is my guy and he's not at a computer at the moment.  No big deal I guess.  There's still the raffle, and the chance that he or someone can just get one in line at CIV.

Knock on wood but the pre-order seems to be going still for the busts - maybe it will last long enough.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:34 PM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 10, 2007, 02:44 PM »
I did pm Dale here as he requested with the link when it went live, so hopefully he managed to get it.  Technically I didn't send him the link because when I placed the order, I went straight from the link posted on the blog rather than waiting for the email link ::)  So he knew pretty early, as long as he managed to get online here.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: May 10, 2007, 02:46 PM »
Yeah, I sent it to him too once I got it.  No big deal either way.  I've got to remind myself not to get too worked up over hart-to-find star wars toys/statues.

If you believe some of the comments at RS this thing might not be such a big deal after all... things like this:

"I think it will be easy to pick up Gree and Malak at C4 itself...I heard they only sold 12,000 tickets...SDCC which gets over 100,000 was still easy enough for the Shockie... "

« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:49 PM by Rob »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1583 on: May 10, 2007, 03:01 PM »
For those lucky few who are going and got through, did you order 1 of everything you could?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2007, 03:02 PM »
I picked up one of each bust as well as the maquette and the bust up.  :P

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Luckily they didn't all disappear in the first big rush and Dale had time to get in and pre-order.  I'm all set for this round.  Hooray and a big thanks to Dale - I owe you one (3).

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Ordered all 3 bust but missed out on the Yoda/R2 maquette by like a minute as a friend of mine said she got it and I passed on the bust-ups. So looks like I'll have to get in line for the Yoda/R2 maquette but those are the breaks I guess, what was the edition size of the Yoda anyway.

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 10, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Managed to order all 5 exclusives. It was stressful. The site kept crashing. Finally got my email confirmation a little while ago.

-Snags

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 10, 2007, 06:03 PM »
That went a lot better than some of the sales that happened before GG redesigned their site.  I got my orders in for all 3 mini-busts plus the bust ups.  But I wish I had known to order the Yoda & R2 maquette first though.  I didn't know that the pre-order numbers on that were limited to 100 pieces.  Oh well.  At least I'll have another shot at those down the road in Baltimore.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 10, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Got the 2 busts I wanted just now. Phew!  ;D
I remember my dream now.