Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354643 times)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2100 on: January 29, 2009, 05:48 AM »
That does look good, I now have a reason to get off my butt and track down a Fett
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: January 29, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Pretty sure I'll never get a Fett (unless they do a new pose re-release like they did with Vader and Yoda).  But it'll still be nice to finish off the rest of the ESB bounty hunters.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 29, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I've been tempted to pick up some of the other bounty hunter busts as they've been clearanced at various online places, but I've held off too just due to the fact that I'd want a Fett to go with them.  I'll never be able to afford the original Fett either, so I'm sort of hoping for a new version at some point too.  Its cool that they're finishing them off now though.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 29, 2009, 06:13 PM »
I wonder if the price of Fett will spike over this while people try to collect all 6.

I'm looking forward to finishing the set.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 30, 2009, 08:56 AM »
Hey, my bounty hunter setup looks exactly like that.
Well, minus the Fett  :'(

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 30, 2009, 10:26 AM »
I sold a huge box of military micro machines from when I was a kid and turned right around and bought Fett.  That was the only way I was ever going to end up with one... I still need to find the occasion to shell out for the ESB Vader and the AOTC Yoda (not to mention the rest of the Episode II clones...).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 30, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Drew, you can come look at my Fett when you come visit to see Clayface :P

I think Rob is right the price on the Fett will spike now as guys go to finish them off.  I'm also expecting the prices on the rest of the bounty hunters to rise a bit as well as guys fill in holes.  I actually stayed away from all the other bounty hunters, so I'd have to pick up 5 to get them complete so I doubt it will happen.  I'm kinda happy enough with the bustups  :-X 

I've got the ESB Vader but decided I don't want the AOTC Yoda, I'm happy with the OT version (s).  As for the clones, yeah, I'd like to follow up on those, but with the blue and red fetching near or over $500 a piece it ain't going to happen.  I could see myself picking up the yellow/white versions as I at least have the green sargeant and the pilot versions.  But after getting used to well below retail on all the more recent stuff I now find $100 + for a minibust to be unpalatable.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 30, 2009, 11:37 AM »
I'm with you Brent... I've got the green E2 clone, and have my eye on the White, Yellow, and Pilot versions... red and blue won't happen until I've got more money than I know what to do with, or until I find someone who wants to sell them to me for a lot less than market value.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: February 13, 2009, 11:35 PM »
JediInsider has a look at the painted Hoth Han Solo mini bust.  Definitely hope to pick this one up, as well as Hoth Luke.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 15, 2009, 01:44 PM »
I don't know if I ever updated my status on the fiasco that was the Gentle Giant sale, but I finally received my Zuckuss bust around New Years. I have no desire to keep it so if there's anyone here who needs one I'm selling it for what I paid, $25 plus shipping. It's still MIB and to be honest I haven't even opened it out of the shipping box.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 16, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Boba Fett Concept 2 Heads Proto Pic TF.

Battle Droid Painted.

4-Lom Painted.

Han Hoth Painted.

Snowtrooper.

Oola Proto Pic.

Stromtrooper Commander Painted.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: February 17, 2009, 12:03 AM »
Thanks for the pics, I'm guessing the only one I'll get is the snowtrooper.  I have the original Fett, so this might be a pass, or at the very least a wait and see what prices do on ebay.  Nuttin prequely I want there since they're calling it a 'stormtrooper commander' = revisionist bs.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 17, 2009, 12:44 AM »
Darth Talon Proto.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 17, 2009, 08:44 AM »
Wow, lots of new pics.  The busts all look pretty good.  I hope to pick up the Hoth Han and Snowtrooper (and previously revealed Hoth Luke).  The Fett will be tempting as well, since there's little to no chance I'll get the original Fett bust.  I'm trying to go back and pick up the OT busts that are cheaper these days, so I might pick up 4-LOM if I'm able to get the rest of the bounty hunters eventually.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: February 17, 2009, 02:31 PM »
wow - lotsa nice stuff there.
I'll get the snowtrooper for sure, as well as 4-lom and Fett.  The hoth luke looks great as well - but I'm not as sold on the Han.