Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 353009 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2220 on: September 10, 2009, 03:00 AM »
Probably not.  I like the way the mini-busts look together, so the more OT the merrier for me.  GG seems to be throwing a few bones to vintage collectors with this, the Blue Snaggletooth statue and the blue jacket Hoth Han.  Maybe Sim Aloo is next. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:00 AM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: September 10, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Yeah, I just don't think I want to branch out that way.  I don't have any complaints about the execution of the product, I just don't want more stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2222 on: September 11, 2009, 03:23 AM »
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, I don't normally collect GG Busts. Does anyone know when orders start for the Lando bust? I skimmed through the thread here and didn't see a date. I would think it should be fairly soon if Yak Face just went up for pre-order, correct?
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: September 11, 2009, 03:30 AM »
No word that I've seen yet.  I'd guess he'll be available sometime early next year.  GG is notoriously behind on releasing their product.  I think they're probably pushing Yak Face because of the holiday theme, if they delay on him they'll lose out on all those people who are super excited about putting antlers on him (I have no idea who those people are though...).

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: September 27, 2009, 03:49 PM »
Finally got a Zuckuss bust that I never got a chance to order when it was first release.  Got it through Gentle Giant for $25 plus shipping with I think the Labor day sale/September sale.   The best thing and something that was unexpected was that it was a Promo bust, first one in my collection.  It wasn't advertised as being a Promo so I wonder if the run out of regular bust and started sending this out to make my order.  Now I just need to get the rest of the BH that I need.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: October 29, 2009, 08:07 PM »
Just scored the AOTC Yoda bust off the premier guild sale.  I'm quite pleased to be able to score it at that price, especially since it was up in the initial PG offering but was mostly unavailable thanks to web issues.  Humorous to note it is now a $60 MSRP when it was initially released at $45 MSRP years ago. 

Does anyone want either of the PG offerings I'm entitled to: Vader helmet or clone bust?  I'm not interested so perhaps we can swing a deal.  I'll get one or the other if no one else wants them. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: October 30, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Good job Brent.  A few months ago I paid around $150 for one and thought about trying to buy it through the sale last night to sort of recoup that inane amount of money spent.  I decided to sit this one out and let it/them go to other people... I'm glad you ended up with one.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: October 30, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Does anyone want either of the PG offerings I'm entitled to: Vader helmet or clone bust?  I'm not interested so perhaps we can swing a deal.  I'll get one or the other if no one else wants them. 

Maybe shoot Jesse the Vader focus collector dude a PM Brent.  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: October 30, 2009, 03:06 PM »
Ha!  You beat me to it Dale -- PM headed your way Brent.  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 2, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Good job Brent.  A few months ago I paid around $150 for one and thought about trying to buy it through the sale last night to sort of recoup that inane amount of money spent.  I decided to sit this one out and let it/them go to other people... I'm glad you ended up with one.

Well thanks for sitting it out.  Wasn't all that much really good in the sale, so I was surprised by how easy it was to pick this one up.  It was the last of the triumvirate of the original Vader/Fett/Yoda that I had wanted for some time so the price was indeed a treat. 

I'm still missing the white/yellow/red/blue AOTC clones and that will bother me for some time.  I have only the pilot and Sargeant (green) so I'm forever trying to decide if I want to keep those.  Had the price not bottomed out on the ROTS clone busts I'd probably sell those off as well as the AOTC clones. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 2, 2009, 07:25 PM »
I'm in the same boat on those clones.  I've got the green, and recently picked up the pilot.  I'm missing the rest.

Of the triumvirate, I'm missing Vader still.  
« Last Edit: November 6, 2009, 12:02 AM by Rob »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: November 7, 2009, 02:43 PM »
So, uh, anyone have a reasonably priced AT-AT driver bust?   ::)  I seem to have slept on this one and it's a)out and b)overpriced already???

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 8, 2009, 11:16 AM »
So, uh, anyone have a reasonably priced AT-AT driver bust?   ::)  I seem to have slept on this one and it's a)out and b)overpriced already???

Yeah, this along with the Garindan was quite the sleeper. This is due to two things. The lower edition sizes and the fact that most people ordered two AT-AT Drivers since a Veers is on the horizon. I haven't seen one for less than $100 since they came out.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: November 16, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Well, I managed to score an AT-AT Driver off Ebay.  Paired with a Tie Pilot for $81 and shipping, so $96 total.  Pretty pleased with that as I lost an auction last week on the AT-AT Driver alone for about $95. 

AOTC Yoda, a bust that is totally outside the bulk of my GG collecting focus, will arrive tomorrow.  I've really tried to stick to Imperials/clones only with a smattering of others included.  I was one of few who genuinely enjoyed Yoda's battle with Dooku, so I always wanted that bust.  Strange, I know, given my general ignoring of the PT stuff in collectibles of late. 

So I'm really now trying to decide if I want to progress on the PT clone busts or not.  Still missing AOTC white/yellow/red/blue and that would largely bring me up to date with what I've missed.  The alternative would be to sell off my PT busts but I'm really not digging the prices from a selling standpoint and some of them are quite nice.  But I think I could get decent coin for my Clone Commanders set and the green sargeant and pilot AOTC busts still bring in decent amounts.  Hmm.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 17, 2009, 07:51 AM »
Nice score! I saw that auction. Someone on RS was kicking himself for not paying attention to it better.  ;)
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"