Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 353049 times)

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
General Veers Mini-Bust Update
« Reply #2340 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19 AM »
Just got an email from BBTS stating that Veers will now be in his Imperial dress uniform instead of his AT-AT combat gear. He looked great in the combat gear, so I ended up cancelling my preorder. Very disappointed, unfortunately.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2341 on: January 22, 2013, 01:49 PM »
I saw that yesterday. Looks like you’d had to have ordered the PGM version to get the AT-AT gear.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: General Veers Mini-Bust Update
« Reply #2342 on: January 25, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Just got an email from BBTS stating that Veers will now be in his Imperial dress uniform instead of his AT-AT combat gear. He looked great in the combat gear, so I ended up cancelling my preorder. Very disappointed, unfortunately.

Am I remembering this right that the regular release was supposed to be armored but not removable?

I seem to think that I passed on the PGM version because I didn't think I needed to spend the extra money to get the armored version, and now it's sold out.  If that's how it went down and now he's only available that way in the 430 sold out edition size... I'm not generally one to get angry about collecting stuff, but that might do it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:27 AM by Rob »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: General Veers Mini-Bust Update
« Reply #2343 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43 AM »

Am I remembering this right that the regular release was supposed to be armored but not removable?

I seem to think that I passed on the PGM version because I didn't think I needed to spend the extra money to get the armored version, and now it's sold out.  If that's how it went down and now he's only available that way in the 430 sold out edition size... I'm not generally one to get angry about collecting stuff, but that might do it.

Correct. The regular edition was just the AT-AT Commander version (fixed armor) the deluxe version (removable armor) is/was a PGM exclusive. You should see comments on GG's facebook post about this. People are PISSED.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 25, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Yeah, I'm with you there... I emailed them asking nicely if there was any way they could put in an order for me, after they tell me that they can't I'm going to give them an earful.

It's pretty ****** up, because I would have absolutely ordered it 8 months ago if we'd known (just like everyone else).

Offline dave in the basement

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Love the fact that they are getting hammered on FB. I hope their retailers/distributers are also passing along their displeasure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 25, 2013, 12:24 PM »
They need to just do another run of these with the armor.  It's literally the only way to fix it.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2347 on: January 25, 2013, 04:01 PM »
AFX is offering a FREE imperial Gunner mini bust with purchase of their ArtFx Shocktrooper 2-pack - Today only!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:02 PM by Jayson »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2348 on: February 11, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Orders for the Bespin Han processed today from GG

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: June 7, 2013, 10:48 PM »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: June 9, 2013, 06:57 PM »
Surely there are 500 suckers who would love to shell out $175 for that absurdity?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: June 25, 2013, 12:00 PM »
WTF over...

"Magnitude" An Admiral Ackbar Mini Bust - SDCC 2013 Exclusive

I know I'm not the hardest core SW collector, but what is the deal with "Magnitude" Ackbar?  Is this a famous drawing, or comic book story line I missed somewhere?  Seems like an incredibly strange choice of busts.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: June 27, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Just saw some pics of the SDCC exclusive Boba (http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/06/18/special-preview-gentle-giants-sdcc-exclusive-boba-fett-deluxe-mini-bust/).  Looks awesome, but damn, I wish this was a regular release bust.  I got into this line when the Bossk came out years ago, and Boba is the only bounty hunter I'm missing.  Not looking forward to trying to track this one down  :(

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: July 8, 2013, 10:44 PM »
I've started looking at ebay for the boba, and already the pre-sells are stupidly priced.  The Boba bust is supposed to be at the GG booth for $150, but the presells seems to be $250-$300 without shipping.  Like many out there I'm sure, Boba is the last of the bounty hunters from Empire that I need, so I've really been hoping to get him with this second run.  Maybe prices will come down post-SDCC, but right now it's looking like I'll still be needing him for a long time.

Not expecting to have much luck here, but if there's anyone who is likely to get one they don't need and isn't looking for a crazy premium on it let me know.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: July 9, 2013, 02:41 PM »
I've started looking at ebay for the boba, and already the pre-sells are stupidly priced.  The Boba bust is supposed to be at the GG booth for $150, but the presells seems to be $250-$300 without shipping.  Like many out there I'm sure, Boba is the last of the bounty hunters from Empire that I need, so I've really been hoping to get him with this second run.  Maybe prices will come down post-SDCC, but right now it's looking like I'll still be needing him for a long time.

Not expecting to have much luck here, but if there's anyone who is likely to get one they don't need and isn't looking for a crazy premium on it let me know.

I'm pretty sure its still available for pre-order if you're a Premier Guild Member, willing to become one, or have a friend that is a member that can order one for you (limit one per person).

Link - http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/pgm80175.htm