Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 352983 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Luke as Stormtrooper GG MiniBust
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2004, 01:03 AM »
I would like to get one of these.  As I have a green clone plus the pilot, wouldn't mind adding another exclusive.  Guess I'll be watching ebay though, SDCC is one heck of a long way away.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2004, 11:13 AM »
personally, i think it sucks. i'm tired of these bs "exclusives" that are only available at conventions that i can't attend. my collection will never be complete, because i refuse to pay $200 (or more in the case of the blue clone) to some fat greasy b@stard who happens to live in san diego and can get one (or more - that "punching badges" crap is a joke) of these just for purposes of reselling it on ebay. makes me want to quit collecting these things.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2004, 12:02 PM »
At least this one will also be available online to collector club members, but yeah, in general the situation still sucks. Maybe I'll luck out at GenCon. Oh, that's right. They're not coming to GenCon... At least MR is!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 12:03 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2004, 02:31 PM »
At least this one will also be available online to collector club members, but yeah, in general the situation still sucks.

from what i read, the only thing available online will be "left overs" from the conventions... what leftovers?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2004, 04:00 PM »
I thought last year with the Clone Pilot there was going to be a limit!?! I think that did not happen and I do not think it will happen this time around.

Hopefully if I can't acquire on at Wizards World (if I get to go this year) someone might be able to get one for me. If not I think that will nail the coffin closed on this line for me. I really wanted the Clone Pilot but I am not paying over $20.00 retail for it. I can live without the Green Clone but Not the Clone Pilot and now the Luke.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2004, 06:15 PM »
At least this one will also be available online to collector club members, but yeah, in general the situation still sucks.

from what i read, the only thing available online will be "left overs" from the conventions... what leftovers?

Actually the GG site states that they are not just selling the "left overs".  They are selling 400 a day at the conventions plus 200 on preivew night at Comic Con.   That adds up to 3000 busts to be sold at the 2 conventions leaving 500 to be sold on the website.

With the 3500 edition size this piece will almost definately not become a big dollar bust on the secondary market.  Look at the Pilot with a size of 2500, it could easily be had for $80-95 right after the convention and now still can be found for around $100.   Even if you lived in a town were these would be sold it would cost you that much to buy one at the convention if you take into account the cost of getting into the show, parking, gas and just the time involved.

I think Gentle Giant has listened to the concerns of their customers and really done a much better job at making this easier for people to get.  It is an exclusive after all, which usually dictates that they are harder to find and that most likely not everyone will get one.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #96 on: June 7, 2004, 02:05 PM »
OK...I checked Dave's old News Posts about the Previous Busts...

Someone have a list of all of the OT Busts Out there?
« Last Edit: February 1, 2005, 12:50 PM by Scott »

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: OT Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #97 on: June 7, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Released to date:
Darth Vader
Darth Vader Chromed
Boba Fett
Biker Scout
Grand Moff Tarkin
Greedo

Upcoming:
Bossk
Gammorean Guard
Luke X-wing Pilot
Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper w/white pauldron
Sandtrooper w/orange pauldron
Luke Stormtrooper  SDCC & WW exclusive
« Last Edit: June 7, 2004, 03:18 PM by Silver »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: June 7, 2004, 02:54 PM »
I've been pondering going after the OT busts from GG as well.  But with their ridiculously distributed and subsequently outrageously priced convention exclusives, I'm a little hesitant to delve into it since I've got enough collecting headaches as it is...

I think the Luke Stormtrooper is another upcoming one too.  Isn't that the SDCC exclusive, or am I just getting confused?  Pretty easy one to make for GG - just a head swap from the Pilot Luke onto the new Stormie.  Wonder how many folks will just go that route ($90ish for both), rather than $300+ for the Luke Stormtrooper after the show...   :P

Definitely some nice looking collectibles though, and at the regular $40 - $45 price tag (only), I'd say they're worth it.  Hmm...   :-\

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 7, 2004, 03:20 PM »
The OT bust are probably the better ones to collect if you are just starting out.  The only ones that have seriously jumped in value are the Vader and Boba.  Better to pay the prices on those than to track down The Blue, Red and Yellow Clones, Clone Pilot, Jango and Yoda.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 7, 2004, 07:00 PM »
Matt, you know you want to collect the OT busts ;)

And remember, a simple head swap wont suffice, the stormtrooper luke has a collar ;)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 7, 2004, 07:37 PM »
I think the Luke Stormtrooper is another upcoming one too.  Isn't that the SDCC exclusive, or am I just getting confused?  Pretty easy one to make for GG - just a head swap from the Pilot Luke onto the new Stormie.  Wonder how many folks will just go that route ($90ish for both), rather than $300+ for the Luke Stormtrooper after the show...   :P

i doubt it will be that easy. with the exception of the clones, all the busts so far have been 1 piece, with interchangeable parts. it is possible that the trooper will have a removeable head similar to the clone, but i doubt luke will  :-\

bastards

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: June 7, 2004, 08:05 PM »
What, you don't own a really big knife and some glue, Dave?!

Adam - you be quiet, and stop taunting me!  This decision is hard enough as it is...   :-X

The OT bust are probably the better ones to collect if you are just starting out.

Anything OT is always better, whether you're just starting out, or not!  (but I get your point)   ;)

How bad are the regular Vader and Fett busts right now.  Those seem to be the only two that run more than $45 or so...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: June 7, 2004, 08:46 PM »
I checked today on Fett...$140-$150

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian