Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357323 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #570 on: May 4, 2005, 08:46 PM »
D'oh!

I was so busy just drooling over the new GG stuff that I did not think to snap any pics while were putting together the display cases. :P  The Trinity on the motorcycle is fab, too, and I am not even a Matrix fan.

It is nice that they are not swamping us with too much product, the pace has been reasonable to keep up with. 

Any speculation on the SDCC exclusive?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 4, 2005, 09:15 PM »

Any speculation on the SDCC exclusive?

I'd really rather not even think about it :-\  After knowing what it took to get the C3 exclusive, I'm loathe to even ask for someone to help out on this one cough*Jediwhack*cough. 

Want a scary, really bad thought?  Clone trooper: special opps.  Edition size 1000. :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 4, 2005, 09:23 PM »
You mean 501st Blue Special Ops?

:-[ I really want one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 4, 2005, 10:34 PM »
I'm just being evil and speculating Kevin, picking the worst (best) possible way to upset the maximum number of collectors.  With a little luck it'll be something most of us don't want anyway. 

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 4, 2005, 11:53 PM »
I'm just being evil and speculating Kevin, picking the worst (best) possible way to upset the maximum number of collectors.  With a little luck it'll be something most of us don't want anyway. 

We can only hope. But even then, I'll still want it. YOU HEAR THAT MATT!!! I STILL WANT IT NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!!!

I have to let Matt know that I want one of these. Regardless of what it is.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 5, 2005, 12:06 AM »

We can only hope. But even then, I'll still want it. YOU HEAR THAT MATT!!! I STILL WANT IT NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!!!

I have to let Matt know that I want one of these. Regardless of what it is.

I think he want's one, Matt. :P

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #576 on: May 5, 2005, 08:25 AM »
My speculation:

SDCC = AOTC 3PO

It seems GG likes to keep repaints or variants as con exclusives, wouldn't this make sense?

Only a guess, I did NOT get any inside info. :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 5, 2005, 09:09 AM »
Thanks for all the information, and answers to my (numerous) questions ;).  I really do appreciate it.  It seems like a great line, and I wouldn't mind picking up a few here and there, so I might look into that.  I'm sorry if some of my questions were a bit on the stupid side, as I found out I could learn more with a little bit more poking around here in this thread and in the C3 coverage.  Regardless, I do appreciate the quick answers, as well as pointing me in the right direction.  The work on these busts has always looked amazing, and hopefully I can save up the cash to pick up a few this year.  Next step...convincing the Mrs. that $45-$50 is a fair price to pay for a character's shoulders and head :P.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 5, 2005, 09:25 AM »
Next step...convincing the Mrs. that $45-$50 is a fair price to pay for a character's shoulders and head :P.

Try getting some of the ones that have arms first. Makes them look like they are worth a little more, since you're getting a little more  ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 5, 2005, 09:28 AM »
It's kinda funny.... after I wrote that last comment, I looked over at my shelves where I have my busts, and the last few "busts" all have arms attached to them. So technically, these aren't really "busts" anymore, but more like half statues.

Don't get me wrong, I love them, and I think adding the arms to them was a great idea, as it gives them a little more life, especially if they are in somewhat of an "action" pose (like Bossk or the Biker Scout). Without the added arms, some of these would be a tad bit... boring (see Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace and Padme). If they keep going with this new "armed" look, there's no telling what they could do. I wouldn't mind seeing another Anakin, Obi-Wan, Mace and Padme with the arms added, because I'm sure they would look a lot nicer.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 5, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I'm in agreement there Dave.  The true busts really hold no interest for me.  They're not bad, but I like mini/half statues better. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #581 on: May 5, 2005, 10:07 AM »
My speculation:

SDCC = AOTC 3PO

Oooh... that's a good guess.

I was also thinking they'd stick with variants, so during a conversation yesterday we came up with a few possibilities:

Han Solo w/Yavin Medal
Red/Lava/Chrome Vader (based on the new Vader)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #582 on: May 5, 2005, 10:49 AM »
 :o

Vader exclusive = RIOT!
 :-X

Would need to wear protective gear to obtain that exclusive!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 5, 2005, 12:36 PM »
Yeah, releasing the Vader variant before releasing the regular would ensure some mayhem, possibly death.  But I want two :P

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 8, 2005, 11:56 AM »
I just had a question for some of you GG collectors that I was hoping you could help out on.  I don't collect the line, but last spring I ended up getting a Chrome Jango bust from MBNA.  I think it's really cool (oooh, shiny) and I'd love to display it, but it's not the type of thing that I would want out collecting dust, as you can imagine.

I've been around to various local crafts stores (the larger one being Michael's, if anyone in the US has those, I don't know how large the chain itself is) to see about those little glass display cases that people put the replica football helmets in, but so far I keep finding cases that are either too small (mainly in height) or that are too large (making them too expensive).  So, the question is this: does anyone (even GG) make small display cases that are just right for a single mini-Bust?

(oh, and have they done a Emperor/Sidious bust at all yet?  I'm staying far away from the line due to finances, but if it looked good, that might be one I would have to pick up)

Thanks in advance guys!