Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 359433 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #915 on: February 18, 2006, 02:00 AM »

The depressing news is I want both the shocktrooper and the Mara Jade busts. :-\  Now if that sentence isn't set up for out of context, I don't know what is. :P

Anybody going to Gen Con Indy willing to stand in line for a Mara Jade bust for me? Please? :(

Well this is disappointing, but to be expected. I'll be #2 on that list that is looking for the Mara Bust.

How you guys jumped ahead of me to #1 and #2 is a little beyond me.  Adjust your positioning please ::) ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 18, 2006, 11:03 AM »
I'll be trying to post this wherever I can but I will be trying to go to GEN CON to get an extra  Mara Jade.......if anybody goes to SDCC and get's extra Shocktroopers we can trade.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 18, 2006, 12:17 PM »
I will be going to Indy for GenCon.  I will only be going for one day though and will see how many people I can drag with me for the busts.  The whole reason I am going is for the bust.  Damn....a Mara Jade bust.  How ******' cool is that???  I can not WAIT to put that next to her saber.

PS; Doesn't GG offer the leftover items up for grabs after the convensions??  Also, does anyone know if I buy a 4 day pass, I can get 4 Mara's in one shot??
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 12:20 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 18, 2006, 01:20 PM »
I'll be trying to post this wherever I can but I will be trying to go to GEN CON to get an extra  Mara Jade.......if anybody goes to SDCC and get's extra Shocktroopers we can trade.

I'll try to get a couple of extra Shocktroopers. I'd definately trade you for a Mara Jade bust.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
What would an R2 mini-bust look like?
« Reply #919 on: February 18, 2006, 07:04 PM »
What do you guys think an R2-D2 mini-bust would look like?  Would it look like hasbro's 12" version just cut halfway through his "torso?" 
Would they give him all of his extending arms? (I hope not)
Would they give him his sensorscope or Luke's lightsaber? (I hope so)
Would this make for a boring/pointless mini-bust? (perhaps, but I'd still buy him!)
What do you think the chances are that GG will release our favorite trash-can droid in mini-bust form?

The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 18, 2006, 09:40 PM »
He'd be about the size of the recent Yoda, so it would be more of a mini-statue in the sense they'd probably do the whole thing.  I'm not sure if I'd buy one or not, I really like the little bugger.  I might if he was on the sail barge with the lightsaber just about to launch, that could be interesting. 

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 18, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Here's a link to a cheaper case it comes down to 43.99 a piece.

Nice! Has anyone ever ordered from these guys? Will probably put my order in there instead.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20 PM »

I'll try to get a couple of extra Shocktroopers. I'd definately trade you for a Mara Jade bust.

Ok, you are on....e-mail me at rx-78-2@juno.com to talk about it.

ROd

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 20, 2006, 08:27 AM »
That line of 2006 mini-busts looks fantastic, and I am disappointed I will not be going to any conventions to snag a shocktrooper.
As much as I like this line, the size makes it difficult to collect and display. I have about 15 pieces, but they are mostly exclusives and troops, and I will try to keep with that theme for whatever I do pick up.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 21, 2006, 12:50 AM »
As if it wasn't bad enough in past years with these stupid exclusives that I never got, now I'm gonna miss out on 4 new ones this year - 2 busts and 2 bust-ups. Why do they do this? What do they have to gain by allowing people to buy these at the shows when 50% of them end up on ebay? And then people like myself have to spend $150 - $200 to get a $50 bust?

It's time like this that I want to just sell of all my stuff and give up. GG makes me sick with this crap.

Add me to the list for the busts and bust-ups if anyone gets extras  ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #925 on: February 22, 2006, 02:52 PM »
A 'heads up' for you GG Mini-Bust collectors...

From YodasNews:

Gentle Giant Exclusive Anakin Mini Bust
Our Bothan Spy reports in that at the end of this month, there will be an Entertainment Earth Gentle Giant Exclusive coming out for pre-order, on or around 2/28/06. It's going to be a Revenge Of The Sith Vader bust with Anakin's crispy head. It will be limited to 5,000 pieces, and will be selling for $49.99 only on Entertainment Earth's site. As usual, our spy reports could change, but so far they are 5-for-5!

Don't know if this is real or not, but you might want to be around a PC that day if you "gotta have 'em all" when it comes to GG.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Sentinel

• Jedi Initiate
  • Show No Mercy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 22, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Just got my first GG Bust, from BobaFett77, a Deluxe Stormtrooper, man that thing rox!!
"Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons."

-Betrand Russel

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 22, 2006, 10:44 PM »
A 'heads up' for you GG Mini-Bust collectors...

From YodasNews:

Gentle Giant Exclusive Anakin Mini Bust
Our Bothan Spy reports in that at the end of this month, there will be an Entertainment Earth Gentle Giant Exclusive coming out for pre-order, on or around 2/28/06. It's going to be a Revenge Of The Sith Vader bust with Anakin's crispy head. It will be limited to 5,000 pieces, and will be selling for $49.99 only on Entertainment Earth's site. As usual, our spy reports could change, but so far they are 5-for-5!

Don't know if this is real or not, but you might want to be around a PC that day if you "gotta have 'em all" when it comes to GG.

Hmmm.....

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 23, 2006, 03:00 AM »
If that rumor is true, I might just crack and pony up for this exclusive.  :-\

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 24, 2006, 01:10 PM »
At times, this site sucks with respect to props and other collectibles :-\  The clone busts from a page or two back (Utapau, 501st, white) have already come and gone from SWS.com :'(  They were snapped up really quick and many online etailers, including Gentle Giant themselves are listing them as sold out already >:(

Now I don't think the issue size has been determined just yet and I know of a retailer or two that has them, but the price is quite high.  Wait and see if more come, or jump in on the bandwagon and get 'em now ???