Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 357397 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #990 on: May 1, 2006, 02:26 AM »
While doing my hunting on eBay tonight I came across an apparent knock-off of the original Darth Vader bust.

click on thumbnails for bigger pics

It ships from Hong Kong and has an "Encore Group" label on the bottom instead of Gentle Giant.  Of course, it's not individually numbered either.

The quality appears to be fairly good - I'm taking a chance buying one to see how it looks once it's in my hands.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: May 1, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Here are some updated pics of my busts & Maquette's.   :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: May 3, 2006, 09:18 PM »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #993 on: May 5, 2006, 10:57 AM »
The Blackhole Stormtrooper was released today (last night with the time difference?) in Japan and Slave1.jp has got a nice gallery up.

And, of course, they are already on eBay and already going for $300+   :o
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: May 5, 2006, 11:23 AM »
Unreal.  It's a nice piece, no doubt about it but unless I stumble into one of the US releases at or near retail, forget it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: May 5, 2006, 12:33 PM »
Unreal.  It's a nice piece, no doubt about it but unless I stumble into one of the US releases at or near retail, forget it. 

There's going to be a US release of the Blackhole Trooper?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #996 on: May 5, 2006, 12:37 PM »
Yes.

From Gentle Giant's blog:

Gentle Giant is proud to announce it has teamed up with their Japanese distributor, Blister, to cosponsor the Gentle Giant @ Blister Event Tokyo this May. On hand at the Japan Event will be the creative forces of Gentle Giant to answer questions and give the fans an inside look at how Gentle Giant works. And as a special treat for those in attendance, the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust and Chrome Darth Vader Statue will be available for purchase for the first time.

The edition size of the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust will be 1000 pieces. 500 will be made available to the Japan Event, the rest will be made available through Gentle Giant's U.S. channels.

The Chrome Darth Vader Statue has an edition of 2500 pieces. 1000 will be made available to the Japan Event. Those who preordered the Chrome Darth Vader Statue at last summer's conventions will be guaranteed to receive the statue and the remaining quantity will be available worldwide through Gentle Giant's channels.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: May 5, 2006, 12:57 PM »
If it's going for $300-400 now wait for the ending bid :o. Those are just starting bids!

There's been alot of talk about where it's going to actually be release through the US and the speculation has been narrowed down to either SWS.com or the CC. Now we wait for GG's annoucement in the coming week or two. :-\

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: May 5, 2006, 01:46 PM »
I haven't bought a bust yet but I want to pre-order the Chewbacca one coming out later this year. Who would you guys recommend for a pre-order, based on price and service???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: May 5, 2006, 02:13 PM »
For my busts I've been going with a place called Talesofwonder.com  I've purchased multiple items from them and have yet to be let down.  I also bought my Vader statue from them and their prices are very good.  Take a look as that's where I buy all my Gentle Giant stuff now. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: May 5, 2006, 04:26 PM »
If it's going for $300-400 now wait for the ending bid :o. Those are just starting bids!

There's been alot of talk about where it's going to actually be release through the US and the speculation has been narrowed down to either SWS.com or the CC. Now we wait for GG's annoucement in the coming week or two. :-\

SWS.com would certainly end up being a Hyperspace only type of thing.  Not cool by me, but I understand why they'd do it.  I'm just waiting for the day when they come to the realization that what you get with Hyperspace for what you pay just isn't worth it. 

Talked to a buddy in Japan today and the lineups were apparently six hours long with 650 people present, so some folks went home unhappy.   :-\  Mostly Japanese but some Westerners were present, as he put it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: May 5, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Talked to a buddy in Japan today and the lineups were apparently six hours long with 650 people present, so some folks went home unhappy.   :-\  Mostly Japanese but some Westerners were present, as he put it.

Sounds familiar... anyone remember CIII?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: May 6, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Don't say that!  Even the thought of it makes my feet hurt!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: May 7, 2006, 03:20 PM »
Well, as everyone expected...

Let the INSANITY begin!

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!