Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354619 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #1140 on: June 28, 2006, 01:43 PM »

I'm sure MANY are not going to be happy about that Mara Jade edition size. Thankfully if GG holds their end I won't have to worry about it  ;D.

You're right about that one.  With only 2000 being made I have a feeling it will be a nightmare trying to snag one on Ebay.  I might just try to trade a hard-to-find one for her.  I really doubt they will have any left over to put up for sale on their webiste.  :-\
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: June 28, 2006, 11:35 PM »
Yeah Im not too thrilled about the edition size of her either. Hopefully I can find someone to snag it for me.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: June 28, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Also from the GG blog:

Get Cloned Contest Is Back!
2003, saw Kevin Ormrod from Arizona being cloned into an EPII Clone Trooper. In 2004, Bob Swanek from California got cloned into a Stormtrooper. This year, at San Diego Comic-Con, it could be your chance to GET CLONED! Randomly packed into the Shocktrooper mini bust boxes will be a "Get Cloned" card to fill out and enter into the drawing to become an EPIII Clone Trooper. If you are one of the lucky few to find the card, you will need to make sure to see one of the GG representatives at the show to get 3D scanned. Limit of one entry per person. Entry is transferable. Entrant must be scanned at San Diego Comic-Con 2006 (Wednesday, July 19 - Sunday, July 23) to be eligible. Photocopied forms will not be permitted. One winner will be selected by random drawing. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of entries received by the deadline. Winner will be announced at http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/ no later than August 31, 2006. Prize delivery may be up to 90 days from announcement.

I think this is cool they are bringing this back. I was really envious when those three people were scanned into Jedi busts.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #1143 on: June 29, 2006, 10:03 PM »
Consolation emails are arriving for those that had the Black Stormie orders cancelled.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 1, 2006, 06:14 PM »
So who got offered what on their consolation emails?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 4, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Well, from the e-mail GG sent me I should be receiving an Emperor Palpatine. Of what other posters had said at the otheR Site, some of the others are receiving everything from the ROTS Clone Troopers to Jango Fett. One of them even said he's getting a yellow AOTC Clone Trooper! Wish I would have listed the older busts at the top of my list vs. the bottom  :-\.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 4, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I didn't even get offered that much.  My order wouldn't even go through.  Had to resort to ePAy to get my BHS. 

I'm glad to see that GG is TRYING to make good with people.  But in reality they should have known better than to offer an exclusive SW mini-bust in an edition size of 1,000 pieces.  I'm wondering now what kind of horror show the Mara Jade bust is going to be with an edition size of 2,000 pieces.   As for the Shock Trooper?  Hopefully GG can get the right computer assets in place for the pre-order system they're talking about.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 4, 2006, 05:12 PM »
Well if they plan on doing a pre-order they better hurry.  Time's a wastin.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1148 on: July 6, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Qui-Gon arrived today :o the detail on this one is amazing.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 7, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Looks like the chances of GG doing the preorder on the SDCC exclusives is getting slimmer and slimmer. 11 more days till CC and still nothing.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 7, 2006, 09:32 PM »
Looks like the chances of GG doing the preorder on the SDCC exclusives is getting slimmer and slimmer. 11 more days till CC and still nothing.

We will be taking Pre-Orders through http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/ for the following San Diego Comic-Con 2006 Exclusives:

Deluxe Shocktrooper mini bust with Shocktrooper Bust-Up - pre-order quantity - 1500 pieces
Darth Vader Fire Bust-Up - pre-order quantity - 2000 pieces
Lucius Malfoy as Death Eater mini bust - pre-order quantity - 200 pieces

*PLEASE NOTE*
The following measures are in effect in an effort to make these items widely available as possible:
*Limit one pre-order per person.
*Limit one of each item per pre-order.
*Must bring printout of Confirmation email and a valid ID to convention center to pick up order.
*Pre-Orders can only be picked up at the Gentle Giant Booth (3513) after 2pm on each day of the show, starting Thursday, July 20th.
*No pre-orders will be allowed to be picked on preview night, July 19th.
*If you already pre-ordered the exclusives, you may not get a second of any of the exclusive items, as all badges will be punched when pre-order is picked up.

Only a portion of the total edition size will be available for pre-orders. We will be selling the balance of the convention exclusives at our booth (3513) on a first come, first serve basis. Limit one of each item, per person.

An email will be sent out next week to members of our collector's club with the links for the pre-orders. If after a certain predetermined time any quantity remains we will post pre-order links on our blog. We will be taking pre-orders only next week. Any remaining quantity not sold through pre-orders will be brought to the convention for regular purchases.

I hope I actually get the email notification this time (Ray hooked me up last time) cause if I'm able to order the Shock Trooper and Vader, then my trip will be pretty headache free.  All I'll have to worry about then is getting the ACME keys.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2006, 09:47 PM by Holographic Elvis »

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 7, 2006, 11:28 PM »
Is anyone going to SDCC who DOESN'T want the Shocktrooper Mini-Bust?  I'm going to be away next week so I'm not going to be able to pre-order it, and I may not even be able to make the convention at all.  If someone is planning on going but doesn't want the bust, PLEASE let me know -- I'd love it if you could pre-order one for me and pick it up for me and I'll buy it from you.  I'll definitely reimburse you for the time spent, etc. -- I'm sure we could work something out.  Let me know if anyone wants to lend a helping hand!

Thanks!

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 7, 2006, 11:52 PM »
I just saw the Blog just before stopping here.  I wonder if they're going to limit them per day or just sell them outright.

I hope I actually get the email notification this time (Ray hooked me up last time) cause if I'm able to order the Shock Trooper and Vader, then my trip will be pretty headache free. All I'll have to worry about then is getting the ACME keys.

I'll PM you the link again when I get it  ;).
« Last Edit: July 7, 2006, 11:54 PM by Bobafett77 »

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #1153 on: July 10, 2006, 09:29 AM »
I've just managed to pick up a Greedo from Ebay for the U.K RRP price on busts which was lucky as these usually sell for £10-£15 over the RRP.
I think I may have missed my chance to get a Palpatine bust, I had 3 in my store and was keeping one in the back for myself but it got sold by accident when I went away for a couple of days and a friend was looking after the store.
There now going on Ebay for more than I'm willing to pay :(
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 10, 2006, 12:28 PM »
The Palpatine bust has been very surprising.  A friend of mine usually hangs back on the wide release busts and does some bargain hunting.  But he was surprised at how fast the Palpatine bust got really scarce.  I just opened mine for display over the weekend, and it really is a fantastic piece.  The detail is simply amazing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback