Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354536 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1680 on: June 29, 2007, 02:45 PM »
A few things:

The "Free" PG gift is not going to be a mini-bust. It's going to be "a combination of small things" according to GG.

From what I gather, the people who LIKE paying $50 for the raffles better than the free collectors club last year are the ones who never scored any exclusives the old way due to them not being on the ball. These guys don't get near a computer all day, don't have any friends who collect that can place an order for them, no family members to help...they're "collectors" who didn't take the necessary steps to score this stuff. Now they "win" one or two raffles and they are singing the praises of the premium guild. Makes me laugh.

-Snags

Tend to disagree.

I know many that are on t he ball and still missed it. Not everyone won. GG's site was terrible last year causing many on the ball collectors to miss out.

The raffle at least gives an open chance.

So while you laugh, many, including myself would take insult to your insinuations of being lazy collectors.

I think we all deserve the respect deserved, as no one knows all of the efforts put forth by the individuals of this hobby.

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: June 29, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Well, we both agree on one thing - GG's site sucked. I missed out on the BHS due to the site crashing, so I know what you're saying. But I was able to score the rest of the exclusives. There will always be a few that you miss, even if you're on the ball.

There are people who are 9 for 9 due to the raffles and some that are 0 for 9. Keep in mind that they all paid $50. I'd rather miss something due to my connection being too slow, or GG's server crashing, or maybe just having something better to do that day and missing it than some GG Rock Star not pulling my name out of a hat. AND I get to keep my $50.

Collecting isn't all about raffles. I will go play the lottery if I want to play those kinds of games. There is a reason why no other company has RAFFLES for their items. It's ridiculous.

-Snags

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:59 PM by bluesnaggletooth1 »

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: June 29, 2007, 04:51 PM »
Different topic from the raffle business, but I picked up my obi-wan bust today.  I haven't seen anyone else comment on it, but I have to say I quite like it.  I think they did a great job with the likeness.  As the human characters go, I think it's one of the better ones GG has done.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: June 29, 2007, 05:00 PM »
The "Free" PG gift is not going to be a mini-bust. It's going to be "a combination of small things" according to GG.

I'm pretty sure the quote you're referencing said something about them putting a few things together.  You can interpret that to mean it will be a bunch of little things, or you can interpret that to mean they're arranging things.

Unless you're referring to a quote that I missed.

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 29, 2007, 05:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure the quote you're referencing said something about them putting a few things together.  You can interpret that to mean it will be a bunch of little things, or you can interpret that to mean they're arranging things.

Unless you're referring to a quote that I missed.

Talked to GG directly at CIV and was told poink blank that it was "a combination of small things." I was trying to get info about the PG gift and I asked specifically if it was a mini-bust and was told no.

-Snags

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 30, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Conspiracy theories abound over at the otheR Site.  Out of 35 or so people that are confirmed winners of the NEYO raffle, all are from NY, NJ, or MA - with 1 from France and two from the UK.

Not one single winner has come forward from anywhere in the south, mid west, or California or anywhere else.

So, Nick, you won right?  But you're in NY - so that only adds fuel to the fire.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 30, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Great scott!  It sounds like a conspiracy!

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: June 30, 2007, 01:43 AM »
You've got to admit that so far it's a little weird.

This could be fun to watch.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: June 30, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Hmm, well if the Chewie isn't the gift then i'll be a little ticked because that's why I joined. I know I really can't complain with my luck in the raffles but I was still hoping for that piece. So wait, if he's not exclusive to the PGM members then where the hell is he going to be sold? He's the only exclusive they haven't announced to an event... WAIT A MINUTE! What if one of the "free gifts" is the Mynock Mask by itself? Kind of like what they are doing with the Clone additions... It's a possibility...

Offline echo-3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 30, 2007, 08:56 AM »
Regarding the "Small things" , I really feel that my $50 was wasted. Why do companies make people that WANT and TRY to give them their money make everybody so mad by limiting bust everybody wants and then charges a lot of money for nothing with the promus that a free gift would come our way?
If I get a bunch of series 1 or 2 Bust ups and trading cards as the gift, I'm sending it right back to them ...ON FIRE!

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 30, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Collecting isn't all about raffles. I will go play the lottery if I want to play those kinds of games. There is a reason why no other company has RAFFLES for their items. It's ridiculous.

-Snags

In light of recent discoveries, just wanted to restate my position above.

-Snags

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1691 on: July 2, 2007, 10:16 AM »
From Steve Sansweet to other companies... all agree that GG has some growing up to do.

This is just another reason.

Why is it so hard to make the collectible widely available to those that want them ? Get them into their hands...

But you know what... it matters not... cause we will still pursue their pieces... and jump through hoops to get them... (well most of us will that is).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1692 on: July 2, 2007, 10:33 AM »
WAIT A MINUTE! What if one of the "free gifts" is the Mynock Mask by itself? Kind of like what they are doing with the Clone additions... It's a possibility...

That kind of sucks if you dont have Chewie much like myself.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 2, 2007, 10:34 AM »
WAIT A MINUTE! What if one of the "free gifts" is the Mynock Mask by itself? Kind of like what they are doing with the Clone additions... It's a possibility...

That kind of sucks if you dont have Chewie much like myself.

It'd definitely be a way to clean up the market with the ones floating around. Look what it did for the clean white Clone...

Offline AnakinsHand

• Youngling
  • Where is my hand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 2, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Totally sounds fishy to me. I'm in CA, didn't win, and I find it hard to believe that no one west of the Mississippi won one.  That's just too strange.