Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354603 times)

Offline echo-3

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1710 on: July 9, 2007, 03:57 AM »
What burns my butt is the fact that GG will have more of the Animated R2-Yoda's at CC then they did at a flipping starwars convention(CIV)!!!!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 9, 2007, 11:04 AM »
GOOD!! maybe I'll get it this time!!!!!

DS

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1712 on: July 9, 2007, 11:12 AM »
What burns my butt is the fact that GG will have more of the Animated R2-Yoda's at CC then they did at a flipping starwars convention(CIV)!!!!

That probably has to do with numbers:
- In May, Celebration 4 attracted over 35,000 fans.
- In 2006, SDCC attracted over 120,000 fans.

If there are going to be over 3 times as many people at SDCC, then they should have more of them there IMHO...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
SDCC Pre Order delayed till Thursday
« Reply #1713 on: July 10, 2007, 09:18 PM »
Pre-Order for Pick-Up San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Information Update

***Due to our upgrade in server capacity, we are pushing back the PRE-ORDER FOR PICK-UP for San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives to Thursday, July 12th.***

We apologize for those who expected to place their pre-order for pick-up for the San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives tomorrow, Wednesday, July 11th. We didn’t want to go up with our pre-order process without our full server support. Our upgrade should be completed by then and with our upgrade to 4 dedicated servers, we should be able to handle all the website traffic without causing any delays with the order process.

Again, an email with the links and information for the Pre-Order for Pick-Up for San Diego Comic-Con will now be sent out on Thursday, July 12th.

Thanks,

Gentle Giant Ltd.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: July 12, 2007, 07:54 PM »
Phew..what a hair losing experience this was for me today. 2 seperate times I had all 3 items IN MY CART that I wanted but kept getting an error message and 'please try resubmitting your order message'. I swear after a combined 50 attempts to resubmit- none worked. So a fellow collector suggested I order one at a time...of course as I put my items back- they statused 'sold-out'. All this not to mention the 30+ minutes I got nowhere because of GG's awesome server upgrade ::). Finally in the end after being in their from the start at 2:08; I got a sole Cody ordered.

I guess now I'll have to wait in lines with the other poor soles at the CON HOPING to get a Yoda Maquette and bust up pair..with my kids dangling >:(.

I even heard GG responded to some folks at RS that complained of the order placing problems..they didn't respond to me however, I was not so lucky..in fact, I didn't even get the email with the link until 4:15PST!!! I only lucked out to be logged into the site when the ordering started-not that it mattered to be sure.

DS

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 12, 2007, 09:17 PM »
I should have a bust up set for you Jon.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: July 12, 2007, 09:34 PM »
I guess now I'll have to wait in lines with the other poor soles at the CON HOPING to get a Yoda Maquette and bust up pair..with my kids dangling >:(.

I got a Yoda/R2 that I was going to try to see if I could get one of the commanders that I need still (Bly/Neyo). I will let you have this if you want it Jon, for cost. 

I ended up getting the email around 1:55 and got everything in that I wanted to get but run into problems right away.  I was at work and had to leave at 3:45 to catch the bus so I had a big deadline.  Ended up getting my order through at 3:42. :P

Hopefully the pre-order for Baltmore will be easier since its a smaller con, can't wait to try order for that one.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:39 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: July 12, 2007, 10:27 PM »
So a fellow collector suggested I order one at a time...of course as I put my items back- they statused 'sold-out'.

That wouldn't have made any difference - if I recall correctly, GG stated that it was one order per member, so you needed to get your cart all set before getting an order through or you'd have missed out.

Thanks to you and Anthony for the help.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: July 13, 2007, 03:25 AM »
When I said 1 at a time I meant 1 different item at a time...I'm well aware of the 1 per customer rules.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: July 13, 2007, 06:35 PM »
My bad - I thought the rule was literally one order per customer and no more.

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: July 13, 2007, 09:18 PM »
My bad - I thought the rule was literally one order per customer and no more.

It is, but you can add items to your existing order. (ie: place order for Glorifindel, come back add Luna, Cody, etc.)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: July 13, 2007, 10:56 PM »
Ah, now it makes sense.  Thanks.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: July 22, 2007, 01:31 AM »
AFX Grey Clones are finally set to ship out. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: July 27, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Though I don't get very many of these - the Queen Amidala one looks like a winner and I will happily add that one to my collection.  Also, does anyone know when Princess Leia will be available to order?  I would have thought that one would have been up by now....
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: July 27, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Leia is slated to ship in August according to my current favorite retailer, talesofwonder.com

Now get back to work young lady >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.