Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354605 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #1890 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Damn, at that price I'd like to get a second one.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 22, 2008, 07:38 PM »
That's pretty cool.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 22, 2008, 10:43 PM »
I hate the re-uses, but I agree - that does look pretty cool.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #1894 on: January 23, 2008, 08:08 AM »
I need this one for my maul collection ... why do they make it so hard !

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 8, 2008, 12:39 PM »

Not sure if that image will work.

For many months rumors have been flying around with nothing able to be confirmed or denied about this mysterious piece….until now!

Gentle Giant is excited to announce the Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper Armor Mini Bust, a companion piece to the similarly named statue released in January 2007.

We’ve taken one of the greatest Jedi Master’s out of the movies and transplanted him into an outfit he was only seen in, in the world of the animated Clone Wars series. Obi-Wan Kenobi in Clone Trooper Armor Mini Bust has a total edition size of 5000 pieces and stands 6.5 inches tall and 7.5inches tall with lightsaber.

There will be multiple options collectors will be able to acquire Obi-Wan for their collections.

The first option is through Gentle Giant Ltd. directly.  Since this piece is a companion piece to the statue, 2500 pieces will be allocated for this purpose.  Anyone who has purchased the Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor Statue can redeem through this method for purchase at $25, plus shipping/handling.  After the NY Toy Fair, we will be sending out en email and posting on our website with specific instruction and guidelines for redeeming through GentleGiantLtd.com.

The other 2500 pieces will be spilt between our domestic and international retailers and be sold at full retail price of $55.

GentleGiantLtd.com will also have a small quantity of the Obi-Wan mini bust available (of the additional 2500 pieces) to purchase for those who do not own the statue but would like to add it to their collection.  Retail price will apply to these purchases.   Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor mini bust will be ready to start shipping the first week of March.

Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 8, 2008, 05:21 PM »
Oh - I gotta have this one and I think it is gonna be a nightmare to get.  If I read this right, I have to be online when the limited number goes up to those of us who never ordered the statue or hope like hell I can order one through a domestic retailer.  I wish I didn't like Obi-Wan so much...then it would be easy to pass on.  ;)
Beth

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 8, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Why does it have to look like the statue? While I want this mini bust I'm not gonna jump through hoops like GG wants us to do to get it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 8, 2008, 07:33 PM »
Face sculpt is spot on, but again GG have no idea on how to release this, why do ppl that got the statue get this cheaper???
Dumasses!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 8, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Oh - I gotta have this one and I think it is gonna be a nightmare to get.  If I read this right, I have to be online when the limited number goes up to those of us who never ordered the statue or hope like hell I can order one through a domestic retailer.  I wish I didn't like Obi-Wan so much...then it would be easy to pass on.  ;)

Have no fear Beth. All of the AD's have this for pre-order. Mike at Razors Edge has them for $44.99 right now.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1900 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32 AM »
A new bust at Toyfair?

Speculation is a Bespin Luke :)  or Juno Eclipse :( or an Imperial "Rebelscum" Officer >:(

That answers that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:02 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2008, 12:02 PM »
Having that Rebelscum denotation would make it difficult for me to support.  That would be the only one of the three I'd order would be a quasi-generic (non-EU) officer. 

Meh, not too concerned on it anyway. 

Yes, it does.  I just drifted over same time you did.  I'm torn on it at the moment, but with an edition size of 2500, I guess I can't waffle too much.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:06 PM by Morgbug »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 16, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Why does RS say that "with an edition size of 2500, this piece will be the most widely-available exclusive created to date?"

Lots of other exclusives have had 2,500 edition sizes, and Commander Cody was 3,500.

In any event, RS promotional material or not, I like the imperial officer bust.  Any time they make a legit OT bust I'm thrilled.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 16, 2008, 12:22 PM »
I'm guessing it's the most widely available bit they're focusing on.  You can get it online via RS or GG online so it's not restricted by location/event or a "leftover" portion being made available only through a raffle.  Though what was the edition size on the AFX bust?  Wasn't it 2500 as well and widely available simply by ordering through AFX?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 16, 2008, 12:56 PM »
AFX might have been 2,000 - don't quote me on that though.