Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 354654 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2190 on: August 1, 2009, 01:49 AM »
Nobody ordered the McQuarrie Fett bust that went up today?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 2, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Yakface is awesome. He is supposed to the the PG member exclusive.

Actually I think it was reported that it might be this years Holiday Exclusive....like last years Holiday Cody. I just hope they don't put any holiday accessories that can't be removed. I am sure many people will want to display him as he appears in the movie....not in red, green and white or something like that.

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 3, 2009, 05:09 AM »
Hey folks, thought I'd spread the word. As some might know over at the Rebelscum and GentleGiantCollectors.com forums, VinylSquirrel (who is an employee of Gentle Giant Ltd.) has been appearing regularly and answering questions and stuff.

After the Republic Commandos were announced and word was sent out by GG about how they were going to be distributed, many people were worried. Worried that this might turn into another Clone Commander 5-pack debacle. I had started a thread to talk about possible suggestions on how the Republic Commandos might be sold to avoid the same issues that we had with the 5-pack 2 years ago.

You can read about it HERE. The thread has turned into a very unofficial pettition for GG to change the way that they are gonna handle the sale or pre-sale of the Republic Commando busts.

If you agree with this suggestion or have another one you think is better please feel free to go over and post.

There are a total of 200 4-packs that GG will sell (besides all the individuals that will be for sale through GG and other distributors). The "petition" is up to 64 people and that is just from Rebelscum members. I KNOW there are more Gentle Giant fans than just the ones at Rebelscum. I think it be neat to reach a number of 200 or higher. Gentle Giant has not promised anything but I think it would tell them something that they couldn't ignore....the fans want a system that makes sense.

Hopefully all "site politics aside" people will be willing to put that aside to help have their voice heard in one place where we know a GG rep will see it for sure.

P.S. This message doesn't represent any views of Rebelscum or any of it's staff. I am just a member of the forums trying to spread the word.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: August 4, 2009, 12:45 AM »

I sure did!
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline SITHSPAWN

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 5, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Was able to pre-order the 4 Republic Commandos that went up for order today!  Hoping to get Concept Fett on the 10th when I get paid again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 5, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Looks like I missed the four of them.  Well, all but Scorch anyway.  So if I can't get 'em all, then I'll skip the one and try my luck for the four pack, otherwise I'll pass.  Sigh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 5, 2009, 11:54 PM »
I may have broken the cycle!  I let my Premier Guild Membership lapse.  And today's preorder came and went and I didn't feel a qualm about not getting the Republic Commandos.  I'm not going to go crazy for Gentle Giant anymore.  The product is cool, but not all of it is worth the aggravation.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: August 6, 2009, 12:29 AM »
I was also able to secure a pre-order for all four. I'll be trying for the 4-pack, so all the singles will go if that happens.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 6, 2009, 09:52 PM »
The Princess Leia Mynock Hunt Mini-Bust is now up for pre-order on a bunch of different websites. I had originally placed an order with SWS.com, but that came to $70.00! I cancelled that and went with Mike at Razors Edge Collectibles. With shipping, it shouldn't be over $55.00 shipped.
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: August 6, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I've been hearing nothing but horror stories from my friends on my NJ collecting board.  I've heard some people talk negatively about Hasbro, saying that's an abusive relationship between a manufacturer and collectors.  But this Republic Commando thing just takes the cake.  

People have been complaining about GG's online ordering system for YEARS.  They've made fair comparisons between GG and Sideshow, and there has been no visible change in how GG does business.  Complain?  And GG ditches two of the people who have been dealing with both Star Wars and the collector media.  And do they improve their infrastructure to better serve their customer base?  No.

I think that collector's relationship with Gentle Giant has been for lack of a better word, insane.  We keep on expecting something different or better from Gentle Giant, but nothing changes.  In my opinion, that is insane.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 7, 2009, 01:52 PM »
I may have broken the cycle!  I let my Premier Guild Membership lapse.  And today's preorder came and went and I didn't feel a qualm about not getting the Republic Commandos.  I'm not going to go crazy for Gentle Giant anymore.  The product is cool, but not all of it is worth the aggravation.

Same thing here.  I still have the PGM but I think these Republic Commandos are dumb as hell.  I'm passing on them, and I feel great about it.  If it wasn't in a movie, I'll only buy it if I really want one.

I had a buddy bring me one from Comic Con - I think it's an awesome bust, and I love the pose.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 7, 2009, 09:26 PM »

I sure did!

Me too. I just checked my e-mail & they have some left, added it to my cart & all done.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 8, 2009, 12:41 AM »
I got SDCC Exclusive Boba Fett McQuarrie Concept Mini-Bust #1225/2800 & #1226/2800 this afternoon. Awesome looking piece!
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 18, 2009, 10:18 PM »
I received my McQuarrie Fett bust today, #240.   :o   8)

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 18, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I received my McQuarrie Fett bust today, #240.   :o   8)

Pretty cool piece, eh Dale?
"Star Wars Is Forever"