Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 352975 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts
« Reply #2250 on: January 7, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Good to know it's more than just boobies (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: January 7, 2010, 10:16 AM »
Just because she was in a comic book doesn't mean it's more than just boobies.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: January 7, 2010, 06:48 PM »
I'm so confused.  So even though there's a backstory, it is about the boobies; is that correct?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: January 8, 2010, 01:20 AM »
I'm so confused.  So even though there's a backstory, it is about the boobies; is that correct?

I think so.  Just having a back story doesn't make something relevant.  Boobs on the other hand...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: January 25, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Moving on from the boobies....

I noticed my PGM membership expired although when I renewed last year it apparently went through to March 2010.  I assume GG decided to get everyone on an annual renewal rather than have staggered dates?   ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: January 25, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Yep, it's all calendar year based now.  Which sucks because it means your 2009 dues only got you 8 or 9 or however many months.  Also, I don't like the renewal happening right at the holidays on principal.  I guess you can always turn off auto-renew and renew later on (which I did this week). 

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: February 18, 2010, 10:30 PM »
I just picked up my snowtrooper (which is awesome), so the imperials are now pretty much done.  My main focus in collecting this line was to get the imperials, bounty hunters, and main characters in their "classic" looks. All original trilogy that is.  The imperials are all out, and with Lando and 4-lom coming, it looks like Gentle Giant is winding down for me.  I would still like to get a farm boy luke, and a new boba fett sculpt (as I'll never be able to afford the original).  After that, it'll be picking and choosing ones that I like.  I would love to see a hammerhead get made as well.

Anyone else have a gentle giant wish list?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 18, 2010, 11:10 PM »
Willrow Hood.   :-*

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: February 21, 2010, 08:29 PM »
Another one that would be awesome is Ree-yees.  And (just for you Brent), Wicket!!!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: February 23, 2010, 01:15 PM »
Another one that would be awesome is Ree-yees.  And (just for you Brent), Wicket!!!

Truthfully I'm quite surprised they haven't done an Ewok or two.  Surely my view must be in the minority on these hideous little fluffballs so there has to be a market out there.  I know they're small, but Yoda-sized would be an accurate description, so why not.  Not that I'd be buying. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 11, 2010, 12:34 PM »
I haven't been keeping as close of tabs on the mini bust line lately, so I may have missed it, but I was reading through last week's issue of Amazing Spider-Man that came in the mail this week and it had a Gentle Giant ad within that showed a Farmboy Luke Skywalker mini bust (release in September).  I thought I recalled hearing rumors of it, but I don't remember ever seeing pictures of it - unless I was just out of the loop.  He was holding the lightsaber straight over his head, similar to the early poster artwork for the original movie.  Again, it might be old news, but I just thought I'd pass it along.  If it is seeing release, I hope to pick it up to go with the other ANH busts I have.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #2261 on: March 11, 2010, 04:22 PM »
I haven't been keeping as close of tabs on the mini bust line lately, so I may have missed it, but I was reading through last week's issue of Amazing Spider-Man that came in the mail this week and it had a Gentle Giant ad within that showed a Farmboy Luke Skywalker mini bust (release in September).  I thought I recalled hearing rumors of it, but I don't remember ever seeing pictures of it - unless I was just out of the loop.  He was holding the lightsaber straight over his head, similar to the early poster artwork for the original movie.  Again, it might be old news, but I just thought I'd pass it along.  If it is seeing release, I hope to pick it up to go with the other ANH busts I have.

Yep, and there is a variant of it that'll be for PGM members:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:18 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Sweet.  I was just saying a few posts up that farmboy luke is the final "main" character that I want.  Though I'm not thrilled with the pose.  It's not a bad pose, but it will be very difficult to fit on my shelves from the looks of it.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 12, 2010, 05:48 AM »
Pass

I love not being a completist now
No more buying **** I dont like just cause it says starwars on it
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 15, 2010, 12:43 AM »
They should rotate that saber in his hand 90o so that it wouldn't be so damn tall.  It might even make the pose a little more natural.