Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini-Busts  (Read 359314 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: OT Gentle Giant Busts
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2005, 01:22 PM »
OK, I'll say it, since no one else is.  Granted your ebay addy is temporarily unavailable, but really, even at a higher price, you don't really think you'd lose money on this if you sold it on ebay, do you?  Edition size of 2500 worldwide, US quantity sold out in about 18 hours (or less).  Nice piece, all the other chromes were over $100 prior to SWS.com re-releasing them (so to speak).  You didn't buy it to scalp it, you just ended up putting it on ebay and hoped to get your money back.  If you end up with $100 above and beyond that, well, it's not your fault, it was never your intent.  Right?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2005, 08:11 PM »
Yeah, I guess. But I'd just rather not have to go through the hassle of putting it up for sale anywhere if I can. But if I do end up with a second one, I'll put it here first and see what happens. I've sent several emails now, and haven't gotten a single response. Did you get a reply from them on the email you sent Matt?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2005, 10:53 PM »
I understand Dave, just trying to ease any guilt you might have in making money :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2005, 11:46 PM »
I've sent several emails now, and haven't gotten a single response.

Just for interest's sake, it may take them a few days to e-mail you back.  I had e-mailed about the possiblity of shipping outside the UK and it took them about 5 days to get back to me.  My guess is that they are overloaded with orders and e-mails and are having a hard time keeping up.  (They did say that I could ship it outside the UK, but didn't know what the shipping would cost, so that's probably why you never did get a shipping confirmation.)  Keep your fingers crossed, you may still hear from them. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2005, 04:04 AM »
Did you get a reply from them on the email you sent Matt?

Wha'?!   ???  Don't you recall what we were just discussing on the prior page, Dave?   ::)

Yeah, they e-mailed me back 2 days later and confirmed that they canceled my order, per my request.  I sent you a copy of my e-mail to them, so you could check it out and see if you wanted to use any of the verbiage in there to better your case since they don't seem to like you as much as they like me.   :-*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Got my cancellation confirmation today. Whew. I was afraid what that was gonna end up costing me after currency conversion and shipping.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2005, 07:28 PM »
Good deal.  Did you have to e-mail them once more, or did they just finally get around to responding to your original inquiries?

At least you won't have to be a scalper now!   :-*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Yeah, they must have gotten tired of my emailing them everyday. The email was actually kinda "harsh" - it pretty much just said "Please accept this email as confirmation that your order has been cancelled". If they would have just told me that the first time, I wouldn't have had to send the other 6 emails  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2005, 10:10 PM »
Now, if only I could figure out a way to get me one of those Sandtroopers...   :-\

Hey, Mr. Moneybags, here ya go...

Gold & Silver Sandtrooper Bust Statue Gentle Giant MINT

Free UPS shipping included!   ::)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2005, 10:14 PM »
I'm thinking about buying this just so I can say I have it and Colman never will

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2005, 10:17 PM »
$2500?  That's insulting!  Please, please, please tell me that no one will pay that.   ::)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2005, 10:21 PM »
I'd have to say that I doubt that will get sold at that price. Seriously. If it was a one of a kind, maybe. But even then, I don't know.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2005, 11:48 PM »
I think the guy that listed it is a blithering moron.  Really, you get 2500 limited editions and they go to $400, but really it's not an exponential increase because there's only two hundred made ::)  Even the #13 McFarlane Jets Selanne's have been sold (privately, not ebay) for around $1300 US.  That's a way more limited edition at nearly half the BIN :P

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2005, 12:20 AM »
Who knows?  Maybe the completist gene in someone will actually drive them to buy it.  I imagine (or at least would hope) that this guy doesn't actually expect to get this much $$ for it - he probably figured he'd just set an insane price and if someone bit on the price, what the hell, might as well let it go.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2005, 12:23 AM »
But he has to pay listing fees at that price.  I know BIN's are only $0.05 but wouldn't that come with a listing fee in line with the $2500?