Author Topic: Everything Walmart *  (Read 21153 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Mart Sucks
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 07:13 PM »
Another thing that is more a pet peeve than anything is this.  People like to go in the EXIT doors A LOT at Wal-Mart.  Now they can do this at any big retail store, but it's an epidemic at WM.  LOL!  Then they look at me like "What the hell?  That guy is coming out the EXIT door?"  :)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 07:23 PM »
People like to go in the EXIT doors A LOT at Wal-Mart.  Now they can do this at any big retail store, but it's an epidemic at WM.  LOL!  Then they look at me like "What the hell?  That guy is coming out the EXIT door?"  :)
I've noticed that too!  Its seems that Wal Mart is the only store that puts there "Enter" door on the left instead of the right -- no wonder these people get so confused.  Why does Wal Mart insist on putting their doors backwards? ???
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 08:45 PM »
Wait, what about the Garden Center

Pretty much every Super WM is laid out the same way, although sometimes the Garden Center is on the left of the building and sometimes it's on the right of the building.  Regardless, the Garden Center is almost always directly beside the pharmacy and the toy section, and when open, the Garden Center entrance will lead you straight into the toy section and you won't have to deal with the WM greeters or Jim Bob Joe Jr. trying to return three year old tires that have worn considerably because "they had holes innem."

And now, an anecdote about the Wal-Mart greeters.  Did you know that this position was supposedly created because of a discrimination lawsuit filed by a former employee?  Yep.  I can't remember the specifics, but WM hired and subsequently fired a mentally challenged person to work as a cashier.  Due to the person's mental impairment, they were unable to perform their duties correctly, and they were subsequently fired.  This person filed a lawsuit against WM claiming discrimination on the basis of their mental impairment, and supposedly won a fairly big settlement.  In order to skirt any future discrimination suits, WM created the position of "greeter", which you'll notice is often stocked with people who might not be particularly adept at handling a cash drawer or lifting heavy items for stocking.  This way, they can put the "less gifted" people at the door, thus making them less susceptible to job discrimination lawsuits.

Also, never buy meat at a Super WM grocery section, as it is brought in from outside the area on a truck, as opposed to most grocery stores in the US that have an actual butcher.  The reason for this?  The majority of butchers belong to a union, and when the butchers were hired by WM and told they had to leave the union, the butchers quit and WM just simply did away with the butchers completely, chain-wide.  It even got a Canadian WM completely shut down last year.
Don't forget, greeters also give stickers to the lil kids. and they also sometimes check your reciepts when you leave.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 10:39 PM »
They are constantly editing Movies, Video Games, and CDs for content....

Did you know that Clean versions of CD's are made strictly for Wal*Mart to sell? The record industry was given an ultimatum by Wal*Mart, basically saying that they will not sell any CD with a Parental Advisory. So the record companies decided to begin censoring the discs. Believe it or not, Wal*Mart is actually the top CD selling chain in the United States, with about 10% of all CD sales. If the record companies decided to boycott Wal*Mart by not introducing edited versions of records, the industry would have suffered way more damage than it did by illegal downloading.

There are plenty of interesting articles about Wal*Mart and their practices... here's a recent one:

http://www.alternet.org/wiretap/24069/

Here's another one:

http://www.walmartsux.com/

I'm not saying that everything these sites say is true, I'm just saying that it's an interesting read. Wal*Mart is not really what it seems, they control a lot of stuff that they really shouldn't be able to. But they do.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 10:46 PM »
Anyone see the Toyland signs for Wal*Mart opening October 1st?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2005, 05:59 AM »
Anyone see the Toyland signs for Wal*Mart opening October 1st?

Kevin

I have, which means they'll have a bigger section of nothing but Elmo and Bratz dolls.

I could go on and on about Walmart since I used to work there but I won't.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 06:21 AM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2005, 01:00 PM »
I absolutely hate Walmart - I go there often enough but for SW stuff only.  And every time I go there I wonder why I bothered.  I almost never find new stuff at any Walmart, the clientele is generally seedy and obnoxious (to put it mildly), the lines are long, the customer service line is impossible to get through, and so on and so forth.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2005, 04:08 PM »
Lucky for my wife and I, Walmart is on right across the street from Target.  I wonder which one we spend our money in???
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2005, 06:24 PM »
I absolutely hate Walmart - I go there often enough but for SW stuff only.  And every time I go there I wonder why I bothered.  I almost never find new stuff at any Walmart, the clientele is generally seedy and obnoxious (to put it mildly), the lines are long, the customer service line is impossible to get through, and so on and so forth.

I agree with all of it except the part about not finding any new stuff.  I know this varies store by store or even sections of states, my store just happens to have stuff every single day the last month or two, but a Walmart 30 minutes away hasn't had anything new in years.  Literally years, like since EII.  The lines are hellacious though, so so long, always 20 minutes at least.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2005, 03:32 AM »
Ok, Walmart sucks because of how they treat the community, the negative impact on schools, their employees etc.

However, Walmart is where we find new figures the most around here while Target languishes over peg row over peg row filled with Nemodian Warriors, with an occasional new case thrown in.

Having said that, the only thing I really get at Walmart is Star Wars. IF I want to go to a box store, the wife and I prefer Target.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2005, 10:48 AM »
I seem to get frustrated/angered with almost every trip to Wal-Mart, mainly for the reasons many of you have already mentioned:

*Waiting behind someone slow/looking in the aisles.
*The parking lot and all associated problems.
*The general disarray of their store(s)

Overall, I guess most of my problems deal more with the people shopping there (and the number of them, our local WM is always jam packed) and not as much with the clientele.  We've had some issues in that area too, but overall it is waiting behind someone (sorry, but usually old and/or overweight...and/or with several kids) who is gawking at one of the "deals" or "featured items" in the middle aisle stack or endcaps.  The stacking of product in the aisles is really frustrating and makes it near impossible to get through their stores.  However, all those complaints aside, we do end up shopping there for our groceries, etc.  They are just the cheapest, and have about everything.  However, if a "Super" Target (we only have "regular" ones here in town) were to open up close by, I think we'd pay the little bit extra and shop there.  Speaking of prices, I've found that Wal-Mart doesn't seem to have the "lowest price" nearly as much as they used to...specifically on DVDs.  The last couple of months I have gone looking for new DVDs/boxsets, and if I hit Target the week of their release, their special sale is usually significantly cheaper (often $5-10 or more).  Needless to say, the bullseye has been getting much more of my DVD business.  In our case, WM is close by so it becomes more convenient overall.  However, like I said, I almost always leave that store in a terrible mood.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2005, 12:05 PM »
i got yelled at for pulling a box from the pallets at WM. dont know why they get so offended..its not like im stealing the figures  :-*

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2005, 04:41 PM »
I rarely got to my local Filth*Mart Wal*Mart. The entire place looks like they haven't cleaned it since 1937.  :P But then again, I did find my first Air Corps Trooper there so...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2005, 08:08 PM »
I do dislike Wal-Mart, but I dropped $25 on ML there last night and would have spent more if I wanted to buy the crappy repaints in 57-63.

Like the rest of America, I blather on and on how much I dislike WM, but still go there and if I find what I'm looking for, I buy it there.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2005, 08:18 PM »
To be honest it looks like WM is now the store getting some newer stuff in compared to Target.  This year and last it seems like Targets got the SW stuff.  Now I wonder if it will switch to WMs? 

By the way I went to WM the other day and again someone went in the Exit doors while I was going out and vice versa.  LOL!