Author Topic: Everything Walmart *  (Read 21157 times)

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
Everything Walmart *
« on: May 6, 2004, 12:51 PM »
Anyone use the secret Garden Center entrance at Wal Mart, that thing is a gold mine.  No having to avoid the 800 lb fatasses on their Scooters whose fatrolls take up half of the aisle space

The aisles are so clogged with crap that you can't move around.  The prices are indeed lower but its almost not worth going into their crap ass stores
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:57 AM by Scott »
Bang Bang

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Wal Mart Sucks
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2004, 12:52 PM »
There's fat people in WalMart?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2004, 12:53 PM »
I swear Wal Mart is the worlds largest buyer of the scooters
Bang Bang

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2004, 01:17 PM »
There's fat people in WalMart?

There's anything other than that?  Horrible thing to say, but yeah, I agree.  A disproportionate number of 350lb plus people in there for sure.  Were it not for toys, I wouldn't frequent the store at all.  Because of the toys, I buy other items there due to the good prices.  But it pains me to go there.  

The garden entrance is great, notably due to its proximity to the toy section.  Only works for about three months up here, but sure makes the visits faster. :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2004, 01:20 PM »
What about the stench?
Bang Bang

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2004, 01:50 PM »
I like the smell of the garden center.  Makes me think I'm gonna score. (toys - I'm gonna score toys.)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2004, 01:58 PM »
There is a Wally World right across the street from a Target right near my house...

Wal-Mart: Crowded Aisles, Dark, limited selection, fat people
Target: Clean, Bright, wide aisles, fat people (hey there are a lot of fat people in MN...although not as many of them ride the motorized carts)

The biggest difference that amazes me is the amount of minorities (Asians, African Americans and Mexicans) that shop at Wal Mart and don't shop at Target.  Its a strange sight, not sure if that's because Wal Mart was where they shopped at before the moved to MN or the lower prices or what it is.  

My brother in law in also a manager at a Wal Mart in Southern MN, the sales at Wal Mart far exceed the Target in the same market...I can't figure that one out either.  If given the choice, its Target all the way and more because of customer service and shopping experience than price.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Its funny, I've been thinking about this lately too.  For some reason, my last few visits to Wal-Mart (actually, visits for the last few months) have been quite frustrating.  We stop there occasionally, to check out the Star Wars section (haven't gotten a single figure at Wal-Mart in probably 6 months)...and every once in awhile we do some grocery shopping there if we are there anyways (along with toiletries, etc.)  I will admit they do have some good prices on some things like that, but if I could at all avoid shopping there, I would.  My wife and I are both Target people...we really enjoy shopping there, its never so crowded you have to ram your way through the aisles (plus, the aisles are nice and spacious), their prices aren't much higher than Wal-Mart (or often the same), and they, at least around here, have better toy selections (although no place has had anything lately).  I agree with what Scott said, the Targets around here are just nicer, cleaner, and easier to get around in.  Plus, I think in many cases, the quality of stuff is a little bit better at Target...more organized, and better kept.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Wal-Mart does suck. I have to admit, though, their DVD selection is great. Prices are hard to beat, too.

I like the self-checkout when I'm buying stuff, something the local Target doesn't have.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2004, 02:29 PM »
I've got an age old attachment to Target.  When my parents took us south on trips, we'd always shop at Target, before I even knew what Walmart was.  The same general comments apply as well.  Just being able to move in a store is worth a couple extra bucks. Having to veer down side aisles (something I'm sure the narrow space at WM is designed to have you do) is quite annoying, especially to avoid calorie enriched individuals.  

The candy/food section at Target rocks as well.  

The only place I've seen self checkout is at Meijers when I was down in Cincinnati.  Doesn't that get abused big time?  I'm sure there are cameras and stuff, but aren't there gazillions of people just sneaking an item or two while paying for everything else?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2004, 03:30 PM »
I used to think that all Wal-Marts were the same; crowded, smelly, unkempt, etc., but a couple years ago I was driving across the country and stopped at a Super Wal-Mart in Chadron, Nebraska. It was like Xanadu! Clean, spacious store with clean, friendly and helpful associates, and no unruly kids running through the aisles.

I've come to believe that Wal-Mart is only as good as it's clientele. And people basically suck around here, so there's no hope for decency in any of my semilocal Wal-Marts. :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2004, 03:49 PM »
Yeah, sometimes the Wal-Marts do seem hit and miss.  We have one we visit every so often (located in Fremont, Nebraska) that has always been very clean and easier to get around in than others (still not as good as Target, but one of the better Wal-Marts I've seen).  Their Star Wars selection has been bupkis lately too...but they do seem to do a better job with upkeep there.

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2004, 05:31 PM »
My WalMart rocks actually. But, for only one reason and her name is Chris.

I will agree, that most times the clientele at our Wallys is the worst dregs of humanity.

But Chris is our local toy department manager and she is great.  When corporate wont send out the orders, she orders more.  I guess corporate finally got tired of her this past week, because she got three cases of SW figs in and then a week later got two more cases in.

And when they are low, she is the first to be apologetic to this die-hard collector that she is always respectful to.  And I always return that respect to her..

So, here's props to Chris...she rocks!
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 11:26 AM »
So, a friend alerted me to a new trend in Wal-Mart sales...

Wal-Mart Canada has decided to enter the, er... "marital aids" and um... "adult devices" market.

Wal-Mart sets off bad vibes

Toys and Wal-Mart?

1.  How are they going to get away with this?

2.  Will suburbia let them get away with it?

This seems like such an ass-backwards move for Wal-Mart.  I still don't get it.  They dropped Maxim (claiming it was too racy) and they dropped a Pregnant Barbie Doll (claiming it was too risque since she isn't married).  They are constantly editing Movies, Video Games, and CDs for content, but somehow they don't have a problem with selling these sorts of, um, "products"?

::)

ps.
I hate Wal-Mart.  ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Well wadda ya know, sex toys at Wally, maybe they should display them with the guns that are next to the toys.   ::)