Author Topic: NHL 2006-07  (Read 32279 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2006-07
« Reply #135 on: May 6, 2007, 10:03 PM »
Living proof that if you think your country is screwed up, just look north. :-[  It's utterly embarassing that they can think of nothing better to do with their time.

Anaheim vs Ottawa in the final?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #136 on: May 7, 2007, 01:11 AM »
I'm going with Buffalo but only because of the way they fought with the Rangers who were really flying high going into that series.  Ottawa still ran the board somehwat in their series but I think they'll fall to Buffalo...  So I'll go Buffalo & Sharks. 

I like underdogs, and while I think Anaheim's good, I think SJ can put something together and come out the winner.  No real logic or reasoning here though, just making my picks, and I've sucked ass so far this season.

I'm just glad the Rangers are out...  If I watched one more game of rampant booing at EVERYTHING, regardless of whether it was a right call or not, I would've...  well, I'd have turned it I guess and not cared.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 8, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Well, unfortunately the Sharks are gone...again. I knew that as soon as they lost game 4 (tied in the last seconds, and lost in OT), that they were toast. It was just too much of a momentum swing. Good going to the Redwings, though. I really think the Ducks will take it all, now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Man I can call those NHL games huh?  ::)  Now you know why I don't play fantasy hockey.  I would eat **** at it, I can wager.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2007, 11:35 AM »
Yeah, thanks for jinxing it, Jesse!  ;)

I'm really surprised at how Detroit is handling Anaheim, and just slightly surprised at the Ottawa/Buffalo series. Of those four teams, I was really thinking it would be a Ducks/Sabres finals. I supposed for ratings, though, a Detroit/Ottawa finals may have a better draw. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2007, 11:50 PM »

Anaheim vs Ottawa in the final?

So far, I'm half right.  Regardless of which team is playing, it should be a mighty interesting final.  Everything changes at that point, but the Sens sure are looking good right now. A couple of close games with Buffalo, but they more or less steamrolled right over them :o

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Yesterday, I watched the final 3 minutes of the Wings/Ducks game... and then the ensuing overtime as well.  Man, I bet Datsyuk would love to have those last two minutes of the game back.   :-X

I guess the Wings have no one to blame but themselves - if they wouldn't have gone 0-for-7 on the power play, they never would have been in that situation. It will be interesting to see if the Wings have any fight left, because that Game 6 in Anaheim is going to be awfully tough to get without a LOT of effort.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2007, 09:29 PM »
YAY SENS! ;D
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2007, 08:36 AM »
 :'(

I'm flushing my Blackberry tonight.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2007, 11:08 AM »
Game 1 -
The Sens looked good until the 3rd Period.  So much for that "faster, smoother" style of hockey, the "rough and tumble" NHL will never go anywhere based on the sucess of the Ducks this year...  Still could be an interesting series if the Sens can stay healthy.

Preds, sold and moving? -
On the "bad side", sorry Jamie.  I sure hope for your sake that the moving talk is a lot of hot air.

On the "good side", I know it's just the Commish telling folks what they want to hear, but I guess there is always hope Brent.  From ESPN:

Winnipeg is seen as the most logical choice to rejoin the NHL because it has a new arena and more community support for a return to the NHL.

"When we had the chance to go back to Minnesota, we did. Because it made sense, the right ownership, the right building situation," Bettman said. "The market was strong and vibrant. We haven't studied Quebec City or Winnipeg or anywhere else in Canada, but the notion that if it could work to put a franchise back in a place where one was lost, feels good -- provided we don't wind up in a situation where we've created a prescription for another failing franchise.

I know, I know, lots of hurdles and what not, so don't get those hopes up too high. 

I will say this though - if and when the NHL returns to Winnipeg, you buy the tickets and I'll gladly drive up for a Wild V. Winnipeg game.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2007, 10:29 PM »
If, and that's a huge, HUGE if it happens, I'll spring for tickets for a game.  They'll be part of my seasons.

I'm less optimistic than most.  I think KC is more likely mostly because our arena is too small ::) new or not.  There is a ton of support, but I think we need to see what kind of corporate support there is and what kind of support there is when people realize the total tab for a family of four for one game is $300, not $100 like it was 11 years ago. 

Getting the Preds (sorry Jamie) would be sweet, I already like a bunch of the players.

And no, I don't think we should necessarily call them the Jets. :-X

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2007, 01:05 AM »
Part of me really thinks KC will get snubbed again, but just speaking from all the experiences I had with the Pens this past year, they seem likely who would get the Predators...  They really are rolling out the red carpet to ANYONE to fill their building they cannot afford.

I hope that's not true though for Jamie's sake...  Still though, #1 in the NHL and couldn't fill their building is a pretty ****** thing. :(

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2007, 02:54 AM »
And no, I don't think we should necessarily call them the Jets. :-X

No?  I thought you'd be all for that.  I guess Minnesota didn't go back to the Northstars, but they didn't have much choice with their Stars in Dallas.  I think it would be amazing to see the Jets name back.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2007, 11:51 AM »
Based on the two forays that I've made to Winnipeg in my life, I have two suggestions -

The Winnipeg Grasshoppers or the Manitoba Endless Wheat Fields

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 5, 2007, 12:50 AM »
Ottawa -> oops. :o