Author Topic: NHL 2006-07  (Read 32272 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NHL 2006-07
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2007, 01:14 PM »
well yeah i understand that but from a certain angle Petrovickey hit newbury with his palms and it really wasn't punching anymore. But it was a fight and someone was gonna get hurt. It did look like he felt bad though once the stretcher came out so i give him respect for caring but i still think it was unnecessary for him to use his palms for a punch or two.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2007, 04:49 PM »
I dunno man, I know you're obviously a Leafs fan and all, but a fight's a fight...  and the punch that knocked Nuberry out wasn't any open-fist slap...  he got coldcocked across his left cheek/jaw and went down like a sack of potatoes.  He was out before he hit the ice, that was the dangerous part about it.  :(

I didn't see any "slapping" going on in that fight, Nuberry just didn't win because Petrovitsky unloaded on him fast and got him on his heels. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 08:18 PM »
Forsberg to the Preds?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Interesting...  Good for Nashville if it comes about I think, a team that didn't really needa  lot going into the playoffs...  I guess it could be a lack of desire to renegotiate his contract in Philly too, free up his price and all with the cap, and start rebuilding from a dismal season.  His injuries probably didn't help with wanting to hold onto him I suppose...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Wow. Just wow. Forsberg for Upshall, Parent and two picks?

Coming down here for the Cup Finals Brent?

;D

So glad I have lower bowl tickets to Saturdays game against the Wild now, it's going to be absolutely electric. Jason's flying out next week and we're going to the Wings game next Saturday, he couldn't have picked a better time to come!

I'm really interested to see what type of local media coverage we get now. Even being tops in the league, we aren't getting nearly enough local attention, so I hope this really is the final piece of the puzzle we need. Saturdays game had about 1500 tickets left right before news started leaking, and we're already down to just a handful of single seat tickets in the lower bowl left now, so that's definitely a good thing.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Coming down here for the Cup Finals Brent?

Got tickets?

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007, 09:07 PM »
If you're coming there's definitely one for you!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 09:43 AM »
So glad I have lower bowl tickets to Saturdays game against the Wild now, it's going to be absolutely electric.

Bah, we used to kick Forsberg's ass all the time in Colorado, beating him in Nashville is no different.   :P

Definitely planning to catch the game on TV this weekend... I'll be sure to watch for you.  Can you bring along a sign that says "I LOVE MINNESOTANS", maybe even specifically mentioning Scott and I?  That'd make it easier to spot you... thanks!   :-*
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2007, 05:57 PM »
2 hours until gametime!!!

I wasn't able to make up my non-hetero love for dudes from Minnesota sign, but will do my best to stand out in the crowd for you guys. When we go on the powerplay I'll flip my fang fingers upside down so it looks like I'm fingering something  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Bah, the Islanders ended the Penguin's incredible (almost record setting for the team) point streak...  Including a win over Nashville...  *whsitles innocently*  ;)

Good stretch, now to start another!  ;D

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2007, 09:32 PM »
geeze with all these young guns on the Pens it wont be long till they have the cup.
to bad the leafs are where most players end up wanting to retire rather then play ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Not sure if you guys are aware of the Hockeyville thing that goes on up here but it's pretty interesting at times.  There's also a backyard hockey rink contest and it gets pretty impressive at times but I think I saw one tonight that tops them all.

I was driving down a backroad tonight that runs behind a pretty ritzy neighbourhood near ours (we couldn't afford to build there eh?).  Anyway I'm driving along and I'm in a work truck, so I'm higher up than usual in my car and I look over into this yard.  The dude's got boards up with advertising on them, plus some screen in the back behind the nets to catch the high shots.  The rink is maybe 50 feet long and on one side the guy has sculpted a Stanley Cup replica out of snow/ice. :o  The snow sculpture is at least 10 feet tall.  It's not that great of a job, but still pretty nice.

The kicker though is the guy is taking care of the ice.  With a freaking Zamboni!!  He's got a bloody Zamboni in his back yard :-X  It was totally surreal.  8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2007, 11:19 PM »
A Zamboni! That's a photo moment!  8)

And all we have is Mark Messier in town for his No. 11 jersey retirement ceremony. The Moose is loose!  :D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 01:26 AM »
Down here, you had to drive a half hour to get to the nearest rink when I was growing up, haha...  You canuckleheads are lucky to have 'em in your back yards like that! :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2007, 10:10 AM »
He's got a bloody Zamboni in his back yard :-X  It was totally surreal.  8)

You don't?   I thought they were standard issue up there... ???

Today is trade deadline day.  I'm not sure if the beloved Wild are going to do anything beyond the Hall-for-Dupuis deal they did earlier in the month.  It would be nice to add a wiley veteran to shore up the offense for the Playoff run (especially after seeing Vancouver making moves ahead of us), but I'm not expecting anything...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender