Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179545 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2008, 11:55 PM »
We did Master Phurby, if you were lucky enough to find that set from Wal-Mart.  I never did and am still fuming a bit from it  >:(

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
NEW CHARACTERS/SHIPS w/ PICS!
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2008, 09:59 PM »
I'm soooo glad to finally see some new stuff for the TV show.  All of these would make cool toys!

These are from the new official site update.  There's some new ships there too, but I can't get the links working.
Ah-hah!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:06 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19 PM »
What's the blue guys species, or is it a new one? ???

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2008, 11:12 PM »
That Republic Shuttle and All-Terrain Mobile Artillery Cannon (AT-MAC) rock!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Remember a Clone Shuttle came up on rumor lists, and everyone assumed it was the V-19?

Makes one wonder if there really isn't a "Clone Shuttle" being him-hawed by Hasbro right now, eh?

And that B-Wing-ish transport would make an insanely cool ship IMO...  There's a customizing project.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2008, 01:25 AM »
That Clone Shuttle is definitely pretty damned cool.  I could see something like that fitting into an assortment with the Republic Gunship.  Somewhat scaled down, though.  And considering that Hasbro has confirmed that the Gunship would be coming back into circulation, it could make that shuttle a possibility
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHARACTERS/SHIPS w/ PICS!
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Here's my take on these:

Okay, new alien, but as I'm not getting animated figures, this will be a pass for me. If eventually done in realistic style, I might pick it up.

What? Doesn't anyone else notice this looks like a walking soda pop can with blasters on it? Ridiculous. An easy PASS for me. Come on LFL/Hasbro, show us just a little more ingenuity here, please.

Meh a 3PO repaint. Again, animarted no, realistic, maybe.

whoopiee, yet another Jedi Starfighter repaint. Meh, I'll wait for Target to get it as an exclusive then pick it up for $5-10 when it goes on sale a month after it's release. Otherwise, it's a pass.

Okay this is somewhat interesting. Yes it has B-wing influences. Seems like a lopsided shark to me. It's just interesting enough that I'd get ONE.

YES! Now if THIS is the real clone shuttle, hell's yeah. It looks awesome. Just enough familiarity in this design with the Imperial shuttle and republic gunship, yet it looks like a powerful starfighter all in one. Sign me up for at least one if not more.

Meh, walking cannon. Not really viable in a battlefield as it would be slow and cumbersome and looks like it doesn't hold enough artillery to withstand a prolonged attack run. (still I'd prolly get just one for the heck of it-though price would really be a determining factor)

-Sal
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 09:25 AM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2008, 11:02 AM »
Add Commander Cody to the list of future animated figures. (If this link is any indication of it by the "standee")

http://www.tfaw.com/Merchandise/Profile/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Clone-Trooper-Standup___325928

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2008, 11:49 AM »
While going through the new Clone Wars stuff at the Official Site, I noticed that it appears R2-KT (or an astro quite similar) might be making an appearance in Clone Wars as well.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2008, 01:11 PM »
While going through the new Clone Wars stuff at the Official Site, I noticed that it appears R2-KT (or an astro quite similar) might be making an appearance in Clone Wars as well.

That's cool. Got a linky??

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2008, 01:15 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2008, 02:54 PM »
I really hope that is R2-KT.   That would be great.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 03:29 PM by Jeff »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 03:27 PM »
Agreed on R2-KT, that'd really make her a neat figure I think that had more of a "place" on the old shelf too...  Be cool seeing her float into the continuity like that.

Meh, walking cannon. Not really viable in a battlefield as it would be slow and cumbersome and looks like it doesn't hold enough artillery to withstand a prolonged attack run.

Actually Sal, cannons like that one, just by the looks of it, aren't really frontline duty weapons...  It's more like a self-propelled gun just by looking at it.  I can totally buy the concept then as it's heavy artillery mobile enough to get to a location and do its job, but it's not going to be running in with the AT-TE's.  It looks, to me anyway, like it may be the cannons seen firing on the separatist ships in ROTS actually.  The ones in the broadside exchange.  Or at least similar...

To that end, a self-propelled gun is pretty common.  I believe our modern forces use one called a Paladin...  They're not intended to fight muzzle to muzzle with a tank or whatnot, but rather to put down artillery barages...  In World War 2 context, they usually tried to roll along with the armor/infantry to provide artillery support when the towed howitzers and things couldn't be deployed as quickly.  It reminds me of the big guns rolled up on railroad tracks, more popular in WW1 I think than 2, but still used in both wars.  I dig the idea of taking a ship gun, giving it a "walker" mechanism for mobility, and sending it in to shell the **** out of a fixed target.  That's kinda cool I think, but not action-packed like an AT-TE.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: NEW CHARACTERS/SHIPS w/ PICS!
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Hasbro said in the Q&As that the CW3D Jedi Starfighter is coming.  They are re-tooling the Ep2 version to move the droid socket to the middle and to make the socket functional (sort of):

From RS:
While we won't abandon the iconic EpIII version, the focus will be on a new, slightly-modified Delta 2 to match the animation. This new one will be out later this year.

and from Yak:
It will [have] a removable plug that will allow existing Astromechs to plug in. However, like the EpIII Starfighter, it most likely won't be a true-to-scale fit because we want to preserve the aesthetics of the Starfighter proportions first and foremost. We are still noodling and trying to get it as close as possible, though.

I'd expect to see it released in the classic Obi-Wan Red color (like the pic) as well as the Anakin Yellow color (like the LEGO ship).  Plus, I'm sure that eventually we'll probably see more than those two colors released as well after we see more Jedi in the show using one... ;)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 03:56 PM »
The E3 and E2 ships are surprisingly accurate in scale...  The problem with the droids is that the animators at LFL fudged that up.

Check out the sequence where Anakin comes to see Padme after pwning!!111! the Jedi Temple, and watch closely the Jedi Fighter in the background.  One is CGI animated, the other is a live prop/set piece.  Watch R2 as he magically lifts and sinks into the socket.  Basically the toy's are made right, they just aren't really capable of fitting the droids in them properly.  Lameness, but at least Hasbro gives the socket droid, which I find acceptable personally.  It doesn't help that I think the astromech figures may be a hair on the large side too.

I think they could fudge the underneath so it fit a full droid figure, but it's neither here nor there to me.  So long as the socket is there, I'm sure the toy will be decent.  I hope they do away with the lame blast-off panels is all.  That sucked, never worked right, and couldn't get the panels to stay on tight at all.