Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179580 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2009, 10:20 PM »
It was brought to my attention that Clone Trooper Jek is being rumored/rumbled to be in a possible multi-pack with other Troopers from the original episode of the Clone Wars series (Commander Thire's picture has surfaced as well).  Click the thumbnail above there to see a clearer image of Jek, and with his appropriate brain bucket.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2009, 03:23 AM »
Here are a couple other upcoming Troopers and Commanders loose...

First up seems like Commander Thire (but I forget my Clone names so I could be wrong)

&

The good Twi'Lek killer, Commander Bly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: July 12, 2009, 08:39 PM »
We got a nice loose shot of Captain Argyus with and without his helmet.

Head on out to the front page to check it out.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: July 12, 2009, 09:59 PM »
New BP rumors from Yakface...

- Assault on Grievious Lair
- Mace Windu & Clone Troopers

Mace/Troopers makes sense like the Obi/Yoda sets, also matched up with that TRU Commander Ponds figures that surfaced a while back.

Also, that Assault on Grievous lair would be the perfect place for little fishy Nahdar Vebb! :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I will totally buy Animated CW Bossk when they get to him... and you just know they will.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #200 on: July 21, 2009, 11:18 PM »
I will totally buy Animated CW Bossk when they get to him... and you just know they will.   :)

Those images really look promising from a character/figure design. I hope that he has a fairly prominent role next season and not just a brief one or two episode arc.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #201 on: July 21, 2009, 11:56 PM »
While I like all of thos clones above, I feel kinds like..."do I own him already?"  ...all too similar to tell apart.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Yeah, I'm all in for a CW Bossk as well - if/when they make him.  Like Jayson mentioned, I hope he has a fairly big role and not just a quick cameo.  I'm always in for more OT characters appearing in CW, as long as it makes sense.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2009, 11:23 AM »
I'm pretty much done with the animated figs, but does Bossk even speak?  I must say that I was a little let down when I heard Plo Koon speak.  Just kinda ruined his character for me like if you heard Snake Eyes talk.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2009, 12:11 PM »
IIRC doesn't he kind of hiss in ESB?  Hopefully they'll have his language be a derivation on that and then use subtitles.
I am not the Stig

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29 PM »
IIRC doesn't he kind of hiss in ESB?  Hopefully they'll have his language be a derivation on that and then use subtitles.

I hope so as well. Bossk is one of my favorite characters and I'd hate to see him ruined by the cartoon. However, Gha Nachkt (the guy who gave R2 to Grievous) was a Trandoshan and he was speaking so I wouldn't be surprised if Bossk suddenly speaks Basic.  :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59 PM »
I'd prefer if Bossk spoke in the same "hissing" manner we heard in ESB as well (with subtitles).  Like others have mentioned, it would just be strange if he was all of a sudden speaking basic/English - probably with some sort of an accent :).

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2009, 01:00 PM »

The fact that the show is on Cartoon Network and for kids makes me think if he has any quantity of lines he'll speak basic so little 5 year olds don't have to read it. We can all know he doesn't really speak basic and that he's hissing but it was translated for the kiddies. I think I'll still like Bossk and he won't be ruined.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Why can't he speak basic? I speak English and some Spanish.  My wife speaks Emglish and some Gealic...people, and aliens, have the intelligence to speak more than one language.  Y'know, Sci-fi and fantasy are designed to nurture imagination, not stifle it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2009, 05:00 PM »
I think the point is the imagination aspect of it.  Basically, whether we admit it or not, we've all conceived the Star Wars Universe in our heads based on the movies, books we've read, etc.  That's why when something comes along that doesn't agree with, or seems out of place with, the universe we've individually created, we don't like it.  So George Lucas could decide Bossk has the voice of Duane Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter), but that won't necessarily jive for some.  Essentially the further the Star Wars universe is fleshed out in movies, books, comics, games, etc, the less there is to imagine on our own...

So, sure, they could have him speaking basic, which will be fine to a lot of people (as David mentioned there is already a Trandoshan that does).
I am not the Stig