Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179554 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Good discussion.

RE: Yularen, wasn't really trying to single him out, but he's a good example of a non-action character (kids, you can pose him as if he were standing regally on the bridge) that Hasbro has cranked out already that IMHO doesn't really fit their "playability" model. As Jayson notes though, the lackluster sales probably hurt the chances of other figures like this who have had even more screen time, like Palpatine, getting made.

RE: Market research, if they're just grabbing some random kids and making them watch the cartoons and do Q & A, that seems pretty slack, IMO. Maybe kids in Rhode Island don't like the same figures kids in Florida like. (Gross oversimplification, but you get the point) If their research was so spot on, we wouldn't see an ocean of Yarnas or Organas, it seems to me. I know it's a challenge to divine accurately what kids will buy, but that's sort of my point. They seem WAAAY too convinced Satine would be an instant pegwarmer. Maybe she would too, I guess the answer just seemed a bit snippy to me. Maybe they should just tell Dave Filoni to stop putting characters in his stories they can't make figures out of. I wonder what that relationship is like actually, hmmm....
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 11, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Latest TCW figure rumors, courtesy of RS:

Ki-Adi-Mundi

Flamethrower Clone Trooper

Clone Trooper Pilot

R2-D2 Astromech Droid

R4-P7

Shaak Ti

Boba Fett

Embo

Zombie Geonosian

Commander Jet

Quinlan Vos

Cato Parasiti

R7-A7

Not sure how accurate this stuff is, so I will refrain from any positive or negative freakouts, but most of these sound pretty plausible. Cato, Embo, and Zombie Geonosian sound like sure-fire home runs. I don't know that we really need 3 more astromechs, but they're harmless enough. I also wish we could get a "regular" Geonosian before, or at least along with, the Zombie version, but whatever.

The one that potentially bugs me is that Vos guy though. Keep that non-TCW stuff in the non-TCW lines, please. Kul Teska is a stretch, but this one goes over the line, IMO. Couldn't they have slotted this into one of the many, many comic packs they put out over the years? Why jam him into the animated line? If they're planning on rolling him into Season 3, I'm fine with it, but otherwise it just seems like he is taking a spot that could be better used for another worthy candidate, like Bossk. (Just wondering aloud, not really looking to start an argument here) :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #302 on: May 11, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Tough to complain about any of those as a majority are on various Defender Wishlists.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2010, 10:07 AM »
That's a nice list. Embo would be an awesome figure, and Shaak Ti might be pretty cool too. And I think more astromech droids are a great thing! We've hardly seen any in this line.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2010, 11:00 PM »
I'd love me an R7-A7, and an R4 would be great, too.  I wonder if the R2-D2 listing means that these will be an all new astromech sculpt? 

Too bad Mace's droid R8-B7 from the last episode isn't on the list!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2010, 11:27 PM »
A Zombie Geonosian before a Geonosian Geonosian?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Being that we saw Shaak Ti in the TWC Season 3 preview, I'm really glad she may be coming.

As for Cato...
YAY! ;D I had my doubts that she would ever be made being that she was only in one episode.

As for Quinlan Vos, he's bound to show up in the series at some point, probably Season 3. I'm surprised Barriss Ofee is not on this list, is it because she's coming in the realistic line?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2010, 09:38 AM »
I'd bet anything we are going to get a Barriss Offee.

They just made Shaak-Ti in the realistic style and she was on this list, so I don't think it matters so much to them what's happening with a release in another line. Anyway, I hope not.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2010, 04:31 AM »
It's not clear to me how the process of selection for characters to be made is done when it's not sequential at all.

Perhaps Hasbro take GL's comment that the Clone Wars is an anthology and not a chronology into account?  ::)
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 17, 2010, 08:00 PM »
19543 Nikto Robino {sic} Bounty Hunters

Robonino? I am loving the sound of that!  :o

Great stuff. Hard to tell what some of those multipacks might be...re-packs or otherwise.

Don't see getting Jodo next month though, it'd be nice.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 17, 2010, 11:51 PM »
Legacy of the Dark Side? Interesting. Hope it's not TCW-line-related.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Legacy of the Dark Side? Interesting. Hope it's not TCW-line-related.

Pretty much all that stuff sounded TCW related to me...the more, the better. I'll buy anything they put in that line. Period.   :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2010, 09:48 PM »
I'm hoping that the Legacy of the Dark Side is realistic-line aimed because, that way, Hasbro could pull off so many Dark Side characters without being limited to TCW. Whatever this sub-line contains could do figures like Darth Maul, more Palpatines, maybe even the canceled Darth Nihl?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW speculation
« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2010, 02:07 AM »
Take a nice look at the card packed in with repacked Asajj Ventress... her battle card clearly says Todo 360! So is this a "confirmation" that we're getting him soon?