Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation

<< < (107/108) > >>

Greedo The Green Menace:
I dunno, less artic doesn't seem like much of an issue when there's nothing new coming out anyway.

Jesse James:
I agree on the articulation argument you guys are making...  Wihle I don't think 90 POA are necessary, especially on the kid-targeted lines/figs, I do think it's comical to suggest articulation is frustrating for kids...

A totally good point that it's frustrating for younger kids, who should probably be playing with the line that is catered to them.

When I was little, Star Wars went by the wayside for GI Joe...  Why?  Because GI Joe was cooler to me.  Had better poseability, which looked cooler and was more fun to play with.  If they could've mastered not having thumbs break off at the time, GI Joe would've been nearly perfect.

It's like Hasbro's ignoring its own production in the 80's...  Hell, they even upped the arm articulation on GI Joes because they knew they could do so easily and improve the figure greatly...  Now suddenly kids are not capable of enjoying that, nor are they capable of playing with a toy like that without frustration?

Was I a prodigy and just so advanced at 5 that GI Joes appealed to me while my ape-like peers were still clubbing a femer bone off the ground?

5 POA is pretty rough...  Kid targeted or not.  They really should keep knees and elbows at least.  Maybe try moving wrist joints to the forearm instead of down load?  It works better and is a stronger point of articulation that way...  Or just admit it's because it's too costly and you think you can still sell to kids with lowered articulation counts and save a buck.  :-X

Brian:
I mentioned this in the C6 thread, but it really does seem like this line is limping into the sunset now.  The "new" figures are just different versions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Rex, etc. that we see so much already.  They might be nicely done, but it just doesn't interest me.  I was re-watching "Bounty" this week and really wishing they'd get around to making new outfit Boba and Asaaj, Dengar, and the other hunters (not to mention stuff from the rest of the season).  If we starting seeing that, great, but if it is more of these main character re-dos over and over (or "new" 5 POA versions), I doubt I'm picking up much anymore from this line.  Might be a cheap year for SW, if things are as scaled back as it seems - which is ok with me.

Pete_Fett:

--- Quote from: Rune Haako on August 25, 2012, 01:37 AM ---Derryl DePriest told Jedi Temple Archives that Hasbro is slowly weaning "us" to accept that these figures will eventually come with only five (5) points of articulation. ::)

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=10426

--- End quote ---

So McMetal - still hoping to see the line continue or are you really looking forward to that General Krell figure with less articulation than the Jar Jar in Carbonite figure?  :P

Wow - that really sucks. I of course, will still buy as long as they make figures for the Clone Wars, but I'll miss the articulation - figures like Scuba Ahsoka really suffer due to the lack of knee, ankle and elbow joints...

McMetal:

--- Quote from: Pete_Fett on August 25, 2012, 11:20 PM ---So McMetal - still hoping to see the line continue or are you really looking forward to that General Krell figure with less articulation than the Jar Jar in Carbonite figure?  :P

--- End quote ---

Well, I was hoping they would have sculpted that one before they came to that asinine conclusion, but who knows.

I do know I'd still rather have 5 POA in an animated style as a distinct line as opposed to folding them into the main line in a realistic style.

So why is Depriest doing all the debrief anyway? Wasn't he supposed to have been pulled off the line or something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version