Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179574 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Rumor/Speculation Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 7, 2008, 02:37 PM »
RS has a new rumor list up for some Clone Wars stuff found in the Target computers.  Hit the linky for everything, but a few things listed are:

087-06-1871: CLONEWARS UNIVERSE 2 PACK
087-06-2060: STAR WARS CLONE COMMANDER FOX (they say $12 exclusive)
087-06-2066: STAR WARS RANCOR MONSTER (different DCPI than the Force Unleashed Rancor)

More at the link.  Not excited to see the return of Target exclusive figures being $12-$13.  I'd like to see the Force Unleashed Rancor re-done as a Jabba's Palace version, but since this is a Clone Wars item, maybe its something else (maybe the "monster" in the recent announcement trailer/doc).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: March 7, 2008, 03:39 PM »
It's not listed in the Target computer as a CLone Wars item, so I'm not entirely sure on that one that it is.  Wasn't there a rumor for a new ROTJ Rancor?  Perhaps that is it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: March 8, 2008, 02:36 AM »
Also, Scum's report is wrong on Commander Fox's price.  It's $12.99 as per our story on the front page...  Also check the Clone Wars Clone Trooper Helmet listing, as that number has changed for some reason or another... 

I'm not sure that everything between our two number lists is Clone Wars though.  Some seems as though it could be under the Legacy brand.  Time will tell, yada yada yada.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 4, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Not really a rumor or anything, but the Official Site posted a couple of drawings of the precursor to the Y-Wing (also mentioned on JD's front page).  It might make kind of a spiffy toy, if it is featured enough I guess. 

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 4, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Not really a rumor or anything, but the Official Site posted a couple of drawings of the precursor to the Y-Wing (also mentioned on JD's front page).  It might make kind of a spiffy toy, if it is featured enough I guess. 

My left nut for a ship like that made into toy.  It's just bad ass and reeks to hell of OT------Awesome.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 4, 2008, 02:06 PM »
Why is it always the left one
no one is ever will to give up the right one.

« Last Edit: April 5, 2008, 10:08 PM by ctonra »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 4, 2008, 02:27 PM »

This is actually what I was hoping to see in the prequels. Knowing that the Y-wing was the "workhorse" of the Republic/Rebellion, it would have been awesome to see it in its glory with more armor and looking much sleeker.

This would make one hella good custom.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 4, 2008, 04:45 PM »
Why is always the left one
no one is ever will to give up the right one.

Saving the right one for a Z-95 Headhunter/concept X-wing  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 4, 2008, 04:49 PM »
I had been saving both for a Death Star playset, but I've decided to give them up for a Cloud City playset (Hasbro has a dirty secret that I feel I should share now... ICMG will only be available as a pack-in with the upcoming Bespin playset next year).

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #69 on: April 4, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Nice ... that fighter is pretty slick looking.

Although I'm not entirely sure we should have seen it in the Clone Wars series though--it seems better suited to the III-IV intertrilogy series. Forgive me for waxing incredibly geekish for a second....

*The movies already showed the ARC-170, the V-wing, the Delta-7, the Eta-2
*the original toon introduced the V-19 Torrent
*and in other EU there's the Z-95 and a menagerie of lesser-known ones like the Cord-class, the Crusher-class, the NTB-630 naval bomber, and the PTB-625 planetary bomber.

All are established to have been utilized by the Republic fleet during the Clone Wars. Obviously they each have different roles--interceptor, bomber, short-range, long-range, etc--but introducing an early Y-wing now seems a tad redundant.

Sal, I'm actually with you on the point that it would have been sweet to see some "spiffed-up" Y-wings kicking ass for the Republic, but considering what George did give us, I don't know that it fits anymore.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 06:55 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #70 on: April 4, 2008, 06:52 PM »
P.S. Here's an image from Incredible Cross-Sections of an OT-era Y-wing with all its plating on. (Some of its design flaws necessitated constant maintenance, so the mechanics just left off most of the coverings for easy access to the guts.)

The Clone Wars version obviously has even more extensive armor insofar as the entire fuselage/neck/bridge area has been expanded into a single big shape that shows some affinities with the V-wing design. Maybe over the years they learned how to condense the systems into a smaller amount of space.

« Last Edit: April 4, 2008, 06:58 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 4, 2008, 07:00 PM »
That Concept Y-Wing is pretty cool looking. My main problem with it, and many other Prequel ships/vehicles are that they make OT ships look like steps backwards instead of technological advances.

My favorite part of the Concept Y-Wing is the gunner's bubble turret. Definitely a nice throwback to McQuarrie designs, plus I'm a sucker for WW 2 Bombers, so when features from those planes are incorporated into Star Wars I am one happy geek.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 4, 2008, 10:43 PM »
Man, either of those Y-wings would be sweet, but I like the concept one better.

I smell another Y-wing release!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 6, 2008, 07:04 PM »
I dunno... I really don't like that design too much...

Actually, I think I hate it.   :-X

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #74 on: April 6, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Hate?  Really?  I think it's pretty cool, and a nice extension of an idea that's been around since the designing of ANH.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com