Author Topic: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation  (Read 179849 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figure Rumors/Speculation
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33 AM »
I know the mantra is supposed to be "females don't sell", but what are the chances that Katee Sackhoff's Female Death Watch Commando does end up with a figure?  50/50?  Maybe better odds give she's a mando warrior and not an old librarian? :P

It sure puts their misogynistic brain trust in a bind. "She's a Mando" "But, she's a GIRL!" "But she's a MANDO GIRL!!" "AARGH, cannot compute!"

They'll probably end up doing it, a a non-removable helmeted version so you can't really tell she is female.  ::)

BTW, great casting idea...let's get Tahmoh Penikett on there too. You know Seth Green has his number!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Per Hasbro, Mother Talzin is "in the parking lot"...

:-\

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 11, 2011, 02:53 AM »
Per Hasbro, Mother Talzin is "in the parking lot"...

:-\

Well, it's a hecka a lot better than where Jocasta Nu is on their plans... ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2011, 07:09 PM »
Looks like we'll be getting another member of Domino Squad as Tunghori has listed Clone Trooper "Cutup" for auction.

I guess I can return a few of those extra Hevys that I bought.  :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:15 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2011, 07:41 PM »
You had to figure that this might happen. 

Hasbro has had some affinity for this squad dating back to the "Rookies" episode, and we've been getting some of these troops in dribs and drabs.  Echo, Fives and Hevy have all gotten to us a little bit at a time.  And there's also been the Sgt. Bric mailaway, El-Les and Shaak Ti from the Season 3 premiere.

I get the feeling that this figure might be part of a multipack and not necessarily packaged as a basic figure.  The first look we got at some of the "Brain Invaders" clones was through a similar Tunghori listing, but those are part of those WalMart exclusive 2-packs.  Plus, given the fact that we've already gotten Hevy as a single carded figure, I can't see Hasbro offering an almost identical Clone Trooper on a similar cardback with only a name change.  Maybe he'll get packed with 99?  Even though 99 was only featured in a couple of episodes, the character resonated with fans.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50 PM »
Based on the recent battle packs I think it is more likey that we see an Anakin, EL les, and Cutup. just new enough to get us to buy it, but not at a major cost to Hasbro.

It would be great though to have a 2 pack with 99 and Cutup.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25 PM »
And why would Anakin be packaged in that particular battle pack?  Hasbro hasn't been quite that arbitrary about the figure lineups that they completely disregard the story/episodes that they draw upon for battle pack lineups.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #412 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08 PM »
If I were to assume TheSon's thinking on that, I could see them doing it too for the sake of slipping in a main character of some sort (maybe not Ani, but someone isntantly recognizable, just to do it).

El makes sense too since he's been relatively difficult to get, and I could see them looking for a way to shoehorn him in somewhere without having to give a slot in the basic line to him.  Good possibility there if it were a multi-pack...

Could be a larger pack too though, than a battlepack, and have a couple others from the squad.  He may be one of several new reveals and little tooling cost.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 26, 2011, 10:29 PM »
I would love to see them release 99, but it seems like it would make for kind of a creepy toy. Plus they always throw out that whole "we are cutting back on obscure characters who die quickly" stuff whenever they get similar questions in Q&A.

Cut Up looks like a winner though, however he arrives. Really cool to see this because unlike TVC, we literally have NO idea what is in store beyond the waves that are already hitting retail.

Hopefully we get some more sneak peeks at the NY gig.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2011, 01:31 AM »
I hope it's in a Battle Pack with 99, and a simulator battle droid. (With the firefighter droids arms, and the seperatist speeder pilot battle droid's legs.)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:35 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Ugh, just spent the past 45 minutes trying to slog through all the new pics at SSG. Looks like at least 2 new TCW figures were on display @NYCC: a big-ass jetpack Cody and what looks to be a new basic clone trooper. Both are slated for JAN 2012. Guessing the will be the first new wave of next year, and possibly the first in the new packaging.

Yeah, the new packaging - S U C K S! They don't even identify the line as Clone Wars anymore on the package! The only way you can tell is by looking at the number on the SIDE of the card, apparently. Yeah, that won't be confusing.  ::)

It does appear that they are restarting the numbering with the packaging reset, as expected.

Both figures look pretty cool, although Cody is clearly top-heavy as hell with all that gear.

Hoping we see something else in terms of BP's, vehicles, or deluxe sets.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Hoping we see something else in terms of BP's, vehicles, or deluxe sets.

I hope so too, but I'm not holding my breath. It looks like everything that isn't TPM (especially TCW) is being placed on the back burner.

Also, my eyes might be deceiving me, but the Anakin looks new. So there are possibly three new figures. (Oh joy)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Looks like Cody has the same gear as the new Rex, but with a Phase 2 helmet.

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/hasbro/p40192-star-wars.html

Cardbacks promoting the battle card game show CW Magna Guard among the mixed movie hero/CW figures, maybe they are bringing it back.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 13, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Also, my eyes might be deceiving me, but the Anakin looks new. So there are possibly three new figures. (Oh joy)

Good eye, after looking back over the pics I think you are right. The likeness is a great improvement, IMO.

Apparently there may be a new TCW BP pictured on the back of the Geonosis set called Republic Troopers, with an actual Bomb Squad Clone in it. That would be cool. Kinda like what the Army of the Republic BP SHOULD have been.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29 PM »
So here's my final tally of all the big Clone Wars reveals from NYCC:

1 Deluxe set, the STAP with Battle Droid, which they have already released twice before in this line.

1 Battlepack, Republic Troopers, with CutUp, Hardcase, and Bomb Squad Clone. Looks pretty sweet.

The aforementioned 3 new figures, Anakin, Clone Trooper, and Cody w/Jetpack, plus Captain Rex (Phase II?) and Clone Commando Boss were shown in the Hasbro slideshow.

Oh, and Wave 1 hits in January promptly followed by Wave 2 in APRIL.  ::)

No new midsize vehicles shown.

I'm ok with next year being light on TCW product, it'll save me money and space, but I do wish the stuff they were offering was more compelling than more clones and that lame STAP.