Author Topic: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07  (Read 44683 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Basketball 06-07
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31 PM »
While I know better than to ever count Rob out, I think at this point either Scott or I will beat the other for the championship by 1-2 points in the final week, possibly even coming down to the final night of action.

Scott's making his strongest push here to finally put the kibash on being the bride's maid  ;)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2007, 02:34 PM »
For a while I was entertaining thoughts of sneaking into 1st or 2nd, but at this point I think I'll be lucky to finish in 3rd.  Losing Ray Allen has hurt pretty bad.  I'll be pretty happy if I can just snag that bronze at this point.   :'(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 4, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I know it's meaningless given both the timing of the season and with much more significant injuries to Allen and now Arenas it seems, but I thought for giggles I'd point out that LaMarcus Aldridge is out indefinitely.

I'm about ready to load the family up for a summer vacation to Hawaii.  I don't know what we did (we spent enough money) but we didn't take anything we weren't supposed to, didn't litter, didn't mock any Hawaiian Gods, but maybe going back will solve things.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 4, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Lots of significant injuries tonight with Arenas, Al Jefferson, Tyson Chandler, Michael Redd all out for varying periods.

I just need to hang on a week and a half...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 5, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Arenas is out 2-3 months but Yahoo won't let me cut him because he's on the "no cut list".  We're in a non-keeper league and he's out for the year, I think I should be able to cut him.  Can commish help?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2007, 11:12 PM »
Has anyone else been having trouble getting into Yahoo's fantasy sports pages?

I've barely been able to get it to load in 2 days - and since it was blocked at work, I've been at a disadvantage when it comes to setting rosters on the fly.  I heard today that Terry wasn't going to play tonight but have been completely unable to get into Yahoo to see if I could plug someone else in at PG.

?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2007, 12:19 AM »
I haven't had any trouble at all.  If you need me to do anything for you, just PM me here and I can make the changes.  I'd need your screenname and password of course.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2007, 12:51 AM »
I reset my router after I posted and it seems to have fixed it.  It's weird though, because it was only certain sites.  Hotmail, and Yahoo mainly.

The only real problem it caused was missing out on plugging Davis into PG, sitting Terry, and finding a bench player to use the UTL game for.

Oh well.

Thanks though.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Okay, good.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 11:50 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2007, 12:52 AM »
It is finished.

Time to pay homage to my dream team:

Celebration time:

'Sheed celebrates

See you next year!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 18, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Not bothering to graciously wait until the season actually ends this year are we?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 18, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Not bothering to graciously wait until the season actually ends this year are we?

The season has mathematically ended, that's close enough.

:)

I came to know that it'd be you that would make the push to unseat me, and not Scott, only about a week ago, and when I mapped out all of the possible scenarios, I **** my pants when I learned that you could still win.  Immediately I saw that you would need to pass Scott in 3's and Reb, and that looked like a real possibility up until last night when Marion and Stoudemire flopped, and Marion, Terry and Davis failed to hit any 3's.

At the same time I was limping to the finish without Arenas, Jefferson, and Sheed and was trying to hold Bug off in the Pts department, but unless Baron Davis can clean the glass to the tune of 37 boards and hit 7 shots from behind the arc, it won't matter that Bug claims the "Pts" point tonight, because the final standings will be Dressel 49.5 to Defending Zods 47.5 (excluding a possible 0.5 to tie Venture in FG%).

That's rock solid mathematical elimination.

It wasn't easy, I was sweating this one out night by night for the past week, and if you look at my post from 3 weeks ago, I did state even then before I was aware that you'd make that realistic last push that I should "never count Rob out," and I was right.

Good fight.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:02 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 18, 2007, 09:41 AM »
1. Congratulations.

2. You're welcome for Wallace.

3.  Curse you Hawaii >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 18, 2007, 09:49 AM »
1. Congratulations.

Thank you sir.

2. You're welcome for Wallace.

I definitely appreciated it  :)

3.  Curse you Hawaii >:(

Depending where you are in the standings, I might handle you a ticket back there around MLB's All Star break.

God bless that magical land.

:D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 09:51 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 18, 2007, 10:33 AM »

The season has mathematically ended, that's close enough.

:)

I came to know that it'd be you that would make the push to unseat me, and not Scott, only about a week ago, and when I mapped out all of the possible scenarios, I **** my pants when I learned that you could still win.  Immediately I saw that you would need to pass Scott in 3's and Reb, and that looked like a real possibility up until last night when Marion and Stoudemire flopped, and Marion, Terry and Davis failed to hit any 3's.

At the same time I was limping to the finish without Arenas, Jefferson, and Sheed and was trying to hold Bug off in the Pts department, but unless Baron Davis can clean the glass to the tune of 37 boards and hit 7 shots from behind the arc, it won't matter that Bug claims the "Pts" point tonight, because the final standings will be Dressel 49.5 to Defending Zods 47.5 (excluding a possible 0.5 to tie Venture in FG%).

That's rock solid mathematical elimination.

It wasn't easy, I was sweating this one out night by night for the past week, and if you look at my post from 3 weeks ago, I did state even then before I was aware that you'd make that realistic last push that I should "never count Rob out," and I was right.

Good fight.

I did some of that math myself, realizing that the closest I could get to you was about 1.5 points - if my team had gotten off to a better start this year I might have had a shot.  I'm pretty happy with a 1st place last year and a 2nd place this year though - not bad considering the flop 2 years ago.  Although I haven't looked at the point of being passed for #2 - and I'm all out of games save PG, third place looks like (Air up There right?) they have a full slate going tonight.  Here's hoping Duncan and James sit tonight. :)

Congrats to you.