Author Topic: Hasbro was going to release the Turbo Tank.  (Read 5947 times)

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro was going to release the Turbo Tank.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Juggernaught is a nickname for Turbo Tank. Also clones used AT-ATs if you got confused with the above posts.
I'm very aware of clones using AT-AT's.The juggernaught was used by clones rarely, maybe ocasionally.They used the larger Clone Turbo Tank more often.The Juggernaught was used by native creatures like wookiees,although probably not them they were the only ones I could think of. :P
Although they might have used them when roads or forests were compressed.(because they were smaller)
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2006, 06:27 PM »
Hmmm, that's nothing I've ever read I'm afraid.  The Juggernaught predates the "Turbo Tank" in EU Lore as an Imperial vehicle...  Used during the Clone Wars it notes, it is also used in the days of the Galactic Empire as an infantry support vehicle though its use is waning.

They're not different vehicles, but one in the same...  Lucas dubbed them "Turbo Tanks" for Episode 3 when he decided to use the design in the film.  It had roots in EU though since the 1980's.  It also appeared in comics and such under use by the Empire in the role described for it by West End Games.

Juggernaughts and TUrbo Tanks are the same vehicle though by all LFL accounts I can think of.  Even the databank on SW.com I believe.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ATL

• Youngling
  • Cody shot my Illama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2006, 08:28 PM »
I think we might want to move this part of the forum.This is starting to sound like Is there a difference between the CTT and the Juggernaught.
FOR THE REPUBLIC!
I love the 212th

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Juggernaughts and TUrbo Tanks are the same vehicle though by all LFL accounts I can think of.  Even the databank on SW.com I believe.

Close .... "As seen in the film, the turbo tank is much larger, better armed, and cosmetically different from the Juggernaut seen in the spin-off materials. To accommodate these differences, the Revenge of the Sith turbo tank is actually an HAVw A6 model, while the other ones previously seen are smaller HAVw A5s".

http://www.starwars.com/databank/vehicle/turbotank/?id=bts

:)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 01:44 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 02:42 AM »
Yet the scale of it in EU material matches the scale of it in the film...  soooo, why are they BSing a difference?  That's weird.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 02:55 AM »
*shrugs* According to the Wookieepedia, the A6 is twice the size -- 50 x 30 meters versus 22 x 15.

I've never been very up to speed on vehicle dimensions myself.....

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 02:23 AM »
The EU material, originally anyway, was based on the original concept art and it's massive AT-AT-ish size...  So I dunno why they're claiming a change in size between two different models and all that...  To me that's two different vehicles with different roles, etc...  It just makes no sense to say "oh yeah there's a little one too".

This is one of those things I'm chalking up to LFL bull**** and I'm ignoring.  The joys of EU...  ::) 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 02:58 AM »
Well, I just checked the 1996 Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels and it has the 22 x 15 figure. I'd check the ROTS Incredible Cross-Sections but I don't have my copy with me.

The Juggernauts (and Turbo-tanks) were always intended to be roughly equivalent to the AT-AT ... I think confusion came from the attributed size(s) of the AT-AT: Older sources pegged it at 15 meters high, while newer sources, using supposedly more accurate measurements from the film, make it 22.5. So I guess when they "upped" the size of the AT-AT they had to up the Turbo-tank as well .... like I said, I'm not that up to speed on dimensions but I have no reason to distrust the published sources.

The Databank suggests there is also some difference in the guns and stuff, but I'm not technically-minded enough to look into it.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 10:07 AM »
The EU material, originally anyway, was based on the original concept art and it's massive AT-AT-ish size...  So I dunno why they're claiming a change in size between two different models and all that...  To me that's two different vehicles with different roles, etc...  It just makes no sense to say "oh yeah there's a little one too".

This is one of those things I'm chalking up to LFL bull**** and I'm ignoring.  The joys of EU...  ::) 

You may want to revisit that idea if and when Hasbro releases the Turbojuggertank as a toy. I guarantee it will be small.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2006, 10:15 PM »

I'd still rather have an AT-TE.

yes, me too.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2006, 10:16 PM »

You may want to revisit that idea if and when Hasbro releases the Turbojuggertank as a toy. I guarantee it will be small.

yes, me too.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!