Author Topic: A Game of Thrones (HBO)  (Read 21012 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: A Game of Thrones (HBO)
« Reply #480 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00 PM »
http://www.imax.com/community/blog/game-of-thrones-in-imax-participating-theatres/

I'm gonna see it at the Waterfront.  Tickets ordered.   ;D

Though I much more like the AMC poster.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 12, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Season 5 kicks off tonight.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also a little torn.  The series has been diverging from the books more and more.  And following the non-book events of the Hound's duel with Brienne of Tarth, I really don't know what to expect with the HBO series.  Especially since it seems very likely that the series will pass the novels.  I am looking forward to seeing Dorne and the Sand Snakes, but I'm also curious about how that storyline may differ from the books.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26 PM »
I read that the first four or five episodes of this season have leaked out. Now the spoiler dodging game becomes much more difficult.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2015, 07:51 PM »
That probably came from a press screener.  When shows launch it's common practice to give the media DVD/Blu Ray screeners or access to a private website with the first few episodes. The fact that 4 episodes leaked is the giveaway in this case. And I bet HBO is going to find out who leaked these episodes and sue their ass.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2015, 10:03 AM »
Good stuff last night. I liked seeing Winterfell in the opening no longer as smoking ruins.

Soo...

Is Varys done now at King's Landing? It would seem his absence coupled with Tyrion's would pretty much implicate him. I know he was mentioned briefly at court last night but it seems unclear at this point what is known/suspected. Kinda wonder the same about Littlefinger.

Did they re-cast the actor who played the Queen's prissy cousin or whatever? Sparrow boy looked a lot beefier...hard to believe it was just the haircut.

It's never a good sign if the red Lady asks if you're a virgin. Watch out, John!

I'm glad someone still remembers the Boltons treachery too. I live for the day when those shitbags get their reckoning, along with the Freys.

So what are they going to do with all the wildlings now? Sounds like Stannis had a good plan, hope there is a Plan B.
Slice you open like a tauntaun, faster than the Autobahn,
Or a motorbike in Tron, do the deed and then I'm gone.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • I found a love I had lost
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59 AM »
Thought last night was a good starting point.  As a book reader, it's going to be interesting to see how things start to diverge... kinda like the Walking Dead, we've already had some familiar characters doing familiar things, but not exactly in the right places or order. ;)

It'll be interesting to see where they take Pod/Brienne at this point. Same for Jaime (who looks like he's heading to Dorne based on the previews).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2015, 11:18 AM »
But...but...but...

What about Ser Arys Oakheart?!?!?

Feedback

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Good stuff last night. I liked seeing Winterfell in the opening no longer as smoking ruins.

Yeah, but it had the Bolton sigil on it.  *******.
Common sense isn't so common