Author Topic: Let's discuss the future of the retro-vintage line.  (Read 65629 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Let's discuss the future of the retro-vintage line.
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2008, 09:07 AM »
With that update, it's time to start making a stink about those potential plans. If we start now, perhaps we could get the "return" back to being VOTC.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2008, 02:59 PM »
Although recent indications from Hasbro's Q and A's made it sound like the VOTC/VTSC line might morph into something else, with one of the answers from this week's Q and A - maybe there is hope it might return:

(From Mousedroid): QUESTION:  Are there any plans to retool the Imperial Officer, Death Star Trooper, or AT-AT Driver? so they do not have those awkward looking swivel elbows? Or are these figures on a long term list to get the whole "SA treatment" sometime in the near future?

ANSWER:  Yes, we do have plans to update these guys within the to SA versions at some point. Imperial Officer would be first, in 2009. The AT-AT driver would come later and might be 2010. Death Star Trooper, though, is someone we might save for a Vintage line and probably wouldn't be in the mainline per se.

Hopefully that means a return of VTSC.  Although we've discussed that they can do that quality of figures in the regular line, I wouldn't mind seeing another wave or two on this nice vinty cardbacks.  Sounds like Death Star Trooper is a good possibility if they go that route.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2008, 03:47 PM »
A grey version, of course. :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:52 PM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2008, 09:12 AM »
Good news for me. Interesting to see how far they have them planned already. Or should I say rather, interesting they're letting us know so far in advance.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Interesting new list at RS, regarding possible future "vintage" figures for the Legacy Collection.  I guess this might belong in that forum now :).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Interesting new list at RS, regarding possible future "vintage" figures for the Legacy Collection.  I guess this might belong in that forum now :).

Yay, Prequel and EU in the "Vintage" line.  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2008, 07:30 PM »
yes but a super articulated royal guard is very good
i cant wait to buy that

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Certainly some some stuff on tat list I can't wait for. But, I am perplexed by the stuff on the bottom. Makes me wonder if the source combined two different lists. There's also at lest one possible contradiction to a recent Q&A announcement - the Death Squad commander, which one could technically consider to be the same thing as the DS Trooper.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2008, 08:42 AM »
 While I welcome the thought of these figures, As a opener I hate paying more for packaging that I discard
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2008, 10:03 AM »
This brings up a good point. Although my carded collection is ending with the 30AC line, I'd probably keep this line going carded.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2008, 08:02 PM »
i cant wait to buy that

What about an SA Jar-Jar?  I'd love to buy one and throw him in my toilet, complete with his "vintage" card    :-\

....I still can't figure out who the dumbass was who figured out that Jar-Jar would be a "hit" with the kiddies??  Papa George??  I'm pretty sure that the kiddos hate him as much as we do.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2008, 08:14 PM »
i cant wait to buy that

What about an SA Jar-Jar?  I'd love to buy one and throw him in my toilet, complete with his "vintage" card    :-\

....I still can't figure out who the dumbass was who figured out that Jar-Jar would be a "hit" with the kiddies??  Papa George??  I'm pretty sure that the kiddos hate him as much as we do.

To tell you the truth I actually have my fingers crossed for a SA Jar-Jar. Hey may not have been the greatest character of all time but he certainly is not as bad as everyone says he is. Heck the way I see it he is basically the PT version of 3po in terms of comic relief.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2008, 02:11 PM »
No.  Jar Jar is the PT version of the Ewoks gone horribly, terribly awry.  Lucas attempted to capture the cute/funny aspect that the Ewoks (supposedly) brought to ROTJ.  It failed miserably and JarJar was and always will be an abomination.  JarJar is the legacy of the Ewoks, plain and simple. 

Yay, Prequel and EU in the "Vintage" line.  ::)

That's the polite version of what was going through my mind.  There simply is no need to put EU/PT figs on "vintage" styled cardbacks.  They have no relationship to vintage figures at all. 

Hasbro has readily demonstrated they can put out 'VOTC' quality figures at a cheaper pricepoint on regular cardbacks (evolutions sandtrooper?) so what is the point of putting Darth Maul on a Kenner style cardback?  It's just a ridiculous concept in every aspect. 

I can barely begin to articulate how absurd the concept is.   >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2008, 03:29 PM »
I can't wait to get all of these SA figures on clearance.  I agree with everyone Hasbro has shown they can put out this quality figures in the basic line.  There is no need for them on a Vintage style card back at a higher price!
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2008, 09:18 AM »
There is no need for them on a Vintage style card back at a higher price!

Correct. They could put them out on a Vintage card for regular price. ;)