Author Topic: Duel of Sith - Chapter 1 A New Evil - Comic Book Style  (Read 1966 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Duel of Sith - Chapter 1 A New Evil - Comic Book Style
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:02 AM »
I've been toying around with Comic Book Creator for a while now.  I went back and re-created Chapter 1 using the Comic Book Style.  Some of the shots I had available sort of limited how I could use it though.  I had to make the text smaller than I would have liked.  Hopefully you can still read it.  Anyway, it was a fun little project. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Duel of Sith - Chapter 1 A New Evil - Comic Book Style
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Cool! Maybe this will explain how Shimi got pregnant with Anakin!
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Wow!!! That was really wonderful.  I thought it was very cool, in almost all aspects.
First off, great story!  You had me hooked right from the first few pages, the set up up was just so cool.  Wonderful build up, and you really threw a curveball when Ms. Skywalker showed up on the scene at the end.  I can't wait to see what happens next.
Great job with your photos, the sets and backgrounds were very believable and natural for the scenes that were taking place.  Real nice job with camera angles and lighting, your pics were nice and clear ... I liked the subtle effects also.
Cool custom characters, if I'm not mistaking; you put some extra washes on the droids and tricked out the Gonk?  Also, really like the Hamma character ... nice hair ;)

My only suggestion would be, if you could make the pics on your next one maybe 15 to 20% larger.  I found myself squinting a few times, trying to read your text.  That's really about it, other than that your comicbook layout looked very proffesional.

Kudos man, looking forward to more from you  ;D
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:49 AM »
Thank you very much for the kind words.

Swede, I agree the text is way to small.  Its actually quite legible on the PC when I created it but when its "published" it really gets smaller.  I'm going to have to use Photoshop to artificially increase the photo size.  Hopefully that doesn't distort the graphics too much.  As far as the figures, yup, I'd say that almost all of the figures used in my stories are customs.  The jawas have all received a wash or two.  T'Chi actually had a bunch of touch up paint on his belts, etc.  The driods were all customized too.  The only "original" in this on is Shmi.  However, in future chapters she will be a custom too.

For anyone who is new to this story.  THis is just a "redo" of the first one using a different format. I've already completed chapters 1-3 in their original format, so if you want to see where the story is going you view them here:

The Original Chapter 1

Chatper 2 - The Return

Chapter 3 - The Invesigation

Chapter 4 is very much in the works and should be finished in the near future.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:26 AM »
I found that much easier to follow and a lot more enjoyable than the regular  photo novel,, a shame about the small size of it though it was a little difficult to read.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 06:51 PM »
I can't wait for ch. 4! :)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m