Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77162 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2007, 02:06 PM »
NOW my son will REALLY want this stupid SBD  ;)
I remember looking at the ones I saw and trying to tell if the shoulder joints were ball socket or not and they did 'look' like ball sockets. Now the big question, just how flimsy is it? do the legs start to bend the second you open it or after a short time?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2007, 02:08 PM »
They are surprising sturdy right now. The knee joints are nice and tight (just how I like 'em) and don't collapse under the weight of the torso even when the flame accessories are applied.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:09 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2007, 02:10 PM »
It's incredibly sturdy in almost all poses, it's got phenomenal articulation, and Hasbro really slam dunked this one.  Outstanding figure, the Separatist troop builder we've been waiting for, for years now.

Buy 50.

Now they need to do the regular battle droids this way.

One thing I will say, and I really have to nitpick to do this, is that where the head meets the shoulders, there should be more "material" there to provide a smoother transition and "no neck" look to the droid.  The body should also be slightly wider.  You can see here:

But, the figure is tall and scaled correctly this time, it's nicely articulated, it's got a great likeness except for what I pointed out above, and it's sturdy.  At the risk of being repetitive, I'll show the comparison compared to the previous best SBD version we had:

What are the previous SBD versions good for now?  Cut them up into limb sized pieces and stick them in some sand in your Geonosis and Kashyyyk dioramas.  That's about all they are good for now.

Pass on Mace Windu, and stock up on your SBD Separatist army.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 02:20 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I might have to buy me one (SBD) now... so darned cute and all.  :-*

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Buy 2, you need a couple for R2 to take out  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:59 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2007, 06:27 PM »
Dressel, are they plentiful where you are?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Dressel, are they plentiful where you are?

Kevin

I came across 8 cases at Walmart this morning.  2 other Targets and 1 other Walmart plus TRU had nothing.

So, mixed bag.

The Galactic Marine and Airborne Trooper were all there at the Wally this morning, and they will be shipping in waves and revisions for the next 3 months as well.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2007, 06:50 PM »
You know, it just occured to me, although every clone that was supposed to be on the pegs was there, there were no McQuarrie Stormies.  Someone cherry picked them all shortly before I showed up I guess.

It didn't immediately occur to me because I snagged 1 earlier in the week, and I'm not army building it like I am the Marine, SBD, and Airborne Trooper, so I wasn't really looking for it.  But in retrospect, someone bought all the McQuarrie's and left all the clones.

Fine with me.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Im going to my grandma's this weekend, she lives a three-hour drive away, and she has the

BEST

WALMART

EVER!!!!

a few minutes from her house. I think the reason its so good is because its in the middle of nowhere and theres no scalping. Yeah in 05 I found the ROTS Final 12 en masse there, it was SO cool, so thee should hopefully be some neat 30AC stuff there too, pretty exciting, considering that the only fig Ive gotten so far is the very cool McTrooper-that I kinda had to purchase from a local scalper...for 20 bucks...but itll be worth a lot one day, a one per case repaint of a super rare concept army builder, pretty damn neat!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2007, 11:38 PM »
the only fig Ive gotten so far is the very cool McTrooper-that I kinda had to purchase from a local scalper...for 20 bucks...but itll be worth a lot one day, a one per case repaint of a super rare concept army builder, pretty damn neat!

I might as well be the one to straighten this out.

1.  It is not super rare.  First off, it's repacked and was previously released in the winter of '03 and early '04.  It's shipping now.  And it'll be repacked in Wave 1 revision 1, and again in Wave 2 revision 1.  In short, he'll be on the pegs well into May and June.  You really didn't even give this figure a chance to appear on the pegs.  These figures have been out in retail in the United States for about 1 or 2 weeks for most of us.  Some areas are just seeing these for the first time a few days ago.

2.  This is not an investment of any kind.  Years from now, the figure probably still can be had for as low as $7.  Can you get $20 for it?  Yeah, if you find someone impatient enough.  And even in that instance, you'd just be getting your money back.

;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2007, 12:51 AM »
I've noticed the cherry-picking of the Concept Trooper too. I was at a WM last night, who had just put out three cases of this wave, and while all the Marines and Airbornes were present from three cases, there were no Concept Troopers.

Then I was at an out-of-the-way WM tonight, and while I managed to find one of them there, the same situation was present- everything else from three cases, but only the Concept Troopers were gone. I managed to find mine sitting behind some lightsabers on the shelf.

I'm sure that with the reshipping treatment this figure is getting, it'll be out there in better numbers eventually, but right now, it's all the rage, and that's a fleeting thing in this hobby.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Dressel, I had the same problem with the arms. I've opened three so far and all of them were tough to move.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 24, 2007, 04:45 PM »
It's incredibly sturdy in almost all poses, it's got phenomenal articulation, and Hasbro really slam dunked this one.  Outstanding figure, the Separatist troop builder we've been waiting for, for years now.

Once again, I am in complete and total agreement with you, DR.  I finally fell prey to the smaller end of the army building bug last year, and the SBD is going to be one that I buy every time I see it.  The simple fact that they can hold their gun arms in the "at ease" position against their chest (as seen in AOTC when Dooku gives his "halt" command) is one of those small yet infinitely cool touches that makes this an even nicer figure to me.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 24, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Buy 2, you need a couple for R2 to take out  :D

Thanks, Jay... just the kind of thing I like to hear...

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I just cannot bring myself to purchase yet another SBD. I have not had good experience with these and in the end super glue the ones my son doesn't play with to a stand so they stay up. I saw one yesterday and I passed on it.

The Marine is an ok figure, but one that is easy to pass on in my opinion. The fact that it is a clone from a scene will drive it. I do llike the Airborne Clone overall.  Mace is okay, but not a huge change from the past. Obi Wan is a pilot body with a hole in the mouth.  The McQuire is nice, I took one and left 2 others. Darth Vader was a pass as I will not be keeping or collecting the coins. I don't need another Vader unless they improve on the VTSC or the Evolutions Vader. I did like the Mustfar Miner as he is something different. Artoo is a pass, because I have enough Artoo.  So like most waves this year, I bought piecemeal. I'll probably pass on wave 2 and just pick up 1 or 2 from each wave from here on out. I have to say that I am rather disappointed overall in this year's selection. There are some interesting ones, but also some that I just don't need. Then again, what is different than any other non-movie year.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:20 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3