Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77304 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2006, 04:03 PM »
sorta looks like this guy.

Now all we need is that guy.  ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2006, 04:10 PM »
All they need to do is take the Captain Typho head without the eye patch and put it on the red jumpsuit body. That would be easy for Hasbro. But knowing them if they did it they would just repaint the Naboo Soldier body red.
I remember my dream now.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2006, 04:15 PM »
All they need to do is take the Captain Typho head without the eye patch and put it on the red jumpsuit body. That would be easy for Hasbro. But knowing them if they did it they would just repaint the Naboo Soldier body red.

NOOOO!!!! That would be horrible. But we know Hasbro is prone to shortcuts.   ::)

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2006, 01:54 AM »
New case assortment, now this is more like it! ;D

From, http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500A1

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Figures Wave 1 Revision 1. Celebrate three decades of George Lucas' saga with this assortment of action figures based on Revenge of the Sith! Each new figure is loaded with accessories and includes a bonus metal collector's coin. Wave 1 Revision 1 includes 12 individually packaged action figures, including: 2x Galactic Marine, 1x R2-D2, 2x Mustafarian Lava Miner, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Utapau Airborne Trooper, 1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, 1x Mace Windu, and 2x Super Battle Droid. (Subject to change.)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Wow, potentially 4 army builders in that case. I may buy these amounts:

Marine - 8
Super Battle droid - 9
Stormtrooper - 7
Airborne - 2 or 9 depending on my mood when they hit. I might do what I'm doing with the Mace BP and use the Airbornes as Team leaders.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2006, 05:21 AM »
New case assortment, now this is more like it! ;D

From, http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500A1

Star Wars 30th Anniversary Figures Wave 1 Revision 1. Celebrate three decades of George Lucas' saga with this assortment of action figures based on Revenge of the Sith! Each new figure is loaded with accessories and includes a bonus metal collector's coin. Wave 1 Revision 1 includes 12 individually packaged action figures, including: 2x Galactic Marine, 1x R2-D2, 2x Mustafarian Lava Miner, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 2x Utapau Airborne Trooper, 1x McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, 1x Mace Windu, and 2x Super Battle Droid. (Subject to change.)

Bah, take the extra SPD and replace it with 2X McQuarrie Trooper and the case assortment will be better.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: January 9, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Yeah, it's the same sculpt as the Windu Battle Pack clone, but he looks so much nicer in "Utapau Orange".   :)

clicky for larger image
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #157 on: January 9, 2007, 11:39 PM »
MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm pretty orange sherbet...

:)

Yeah this is a must have.  I dig the purple one but this is definitely the one to army build I think.  I'm sort of surprised how Hasbro did the EU deco first on this figure.  Makes me wonder if it wasn't planned for '06 but got pushed into '07 for whatever reason.  I would be sort of surprised if they had done it the other way around from the get-go...  I mean, why not just paint a #33 commander purple then?  It sort of takes some of the surprise of this figure away by having it in another non-film color beforehand.

Anyway, great figure...  He's great in any color...  well almost any.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:44 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2007, 02:08 PM »
he is looking better in purple i think :O

hm, i think this wave will be expensive for me, i want airborne trooper, marine, battle droid and mace windu and (maybe) the lava miner ;)
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2007, 04:00 AM »
I think the reason Hasbro announced these will be delayed is that I believe that they are letting retailers sell off the rest of the saga line wave 8,9. Then they will release the new 30th with increased prices. It seems to be maybe after stores have finished inventory as well? We'll see. Have already seen Titanium SW prices rise...it could be an across the board price increase for sw products in the 30th line--I really want to be wrong though,damn.

DS

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2007, 10:28 PM »
and this will push like three of the last waves into a place where they will only be available for a couple weeks, like post otc, and retailers will be clearing out for '08's stuf.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Ah, so the Miner does have articulation on the knees.  I did not know that.  It looks as though the SBD does as well...hmmmm.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Already caught those ones Rune, good eye...  Yeah the SBD looks slick with articulation...  I think the shoulders are a ball joint, and perhaps the hips are as well which is cool for sturdiness...  Makes me wonder what they could do with a regular Battledroid ya know? 

The Lava Miner is pretty cool...  I really at first was irked by the hip pose but I was thinking that perhaps that's just how those beings are able to stand too...  They don't stand upright in the film if I recall, and all were hunched like that...  I dunno.  Cool enough figure...  I just wish we'd had a platform for him too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50 PM »
i dont like the holes in the SBD, very distracting, but otherwise, eh, still pretty cool.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!