Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77983 times)

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2007, 04:19 PM »
I just ordered a case from NFC (after it's been available for months now.) Although this wave shouldn't be too hard to find at retail, it still's the best price around per figure. $6.66 per figure shipped to your door.

Too bad i was too late for wave 2. :(

What's NFC?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2007, 04:21 PM »
New Force Comics
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Thanks  :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2007, 10:59 PM »
That would explain why the National Football Conference repeatedly rejected my order.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 20, 2007, 12:42 AM »
Dressel sorry it took me so long.  Here's a pic of Windu next to a clone.

I don't know what in the heck happened to my ROTS Mace Windu figures.  I had a few of them that I bought for customs, but thought I still had on that hadn't been tweaked.  I'd throw a comparison pic of that or try a head swap from it, but can't find that old Windu.  Might have gotten thrown out in the trash after stripping it for parts...

:P

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57 AM »
Having just opened my Galactic Marine all I can say is it's a complete swine to stand-up.  It just doesn't want to know.

Trust Hasbro to screw up one of their best figures to date.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2007, 11:51 PM »
Yeah, that is the one thing that sucks this year...no stands.  I still like the coins that are coming but it is to bad about the stands. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #247 on: February 24, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Check out the TSC Stands thread in the TSC forums...  You can take extras and remove the names on them, and make generic stands if you have extras lying about.  I have an assload of ROTS stands I know from Utapau Clone army building alone.  It's a thought.

Why's the Marine so hard to stand, Nick?  Legs pinched together?  I notice that on some figures...  Usually clones.  In particular, lately, is the AOTC Clone Sergeant.  I got 3 last weekend and all 3 have legs that sort of bow inwards.  I'm going to boil them so I can bow them outward slightly.

If it isn't legs that are too far apart, they're too narrow or bowed inward. :)  No happy medium.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 24, 2007, 04:37 AM »

Why's the Marine so hard to stand, Nick?  Legs pinched together? 

Yep.

The bottoms of the boots aren't flat either.  They have a slight upwards curve in them.

So far I've found one pose that he can stand in without a stand.  Legs facing forward, body and head twisted to the left. 

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2007, 12:24 PM »
That doesn't sound good... sometimes it's just the figure.  I got a Holo Cody recently with his right leg bent all too hell.  I don't know how man #41 Clones that have left their hands in the tray when I pull them out because of the goofy way they package them.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 24, 2007, 06:35 PM »
I saw a dealer at the NY Comic Con who had some of this wave last night.  He had R2-D2, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Airborne Trooper, and the figures definitely look good in person.  This was also my first opportunity to handle the cards.  I've seen plenty of posts where people seem to be concerned about their sturdiness (with all those corners and such).  Well, the cards felt pretty substantial when I was checking them out.

I passed on buying them though.  The cheapest one was $11.99 and I don't need to spend that much on a figure I can get for half that price in a couple of weeks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 24, 2007, 07:33 PM »
I've seen plenty of posts where people seem to be concerned about their sturdiness (with all those corners and such).  Well, the cards felt pretty substantial when I was checking them out.
The cheapest one was $11.99 and I don't need to spend that much on a figure I can get for half that price in a couple of weeks.

Oh good! I was pretty worried. Thanks nicklab.

Oh and that otheR Site has these on their photo archives, really good shots so evry1 can see em in detail.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 07:33 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27 PM »
Oh, I know the photos have been out there and I even saw them in person at Toy Fair, albeit abruptly.  But the opportunity to hold the figure in your hand and really examine it in person is always the real test for me.  Photos reveal a good deal, but that firsthand experience is something else.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2007, 02:27 PM »
NFC just posted that their allotment of wave one is on the way and should start shipping to customers next week. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2007, 03:25 PM »
Despite all the angles the cards are better than the ROTS cards which had those small "wings" that were prone to damage.

The hanger on the TAC card is the weakest point but then that isn't any different to most lines.

All 6 of the MOC I've picked up off the shelf so far had no damage - and as an opener I look for non mint but couldn't find any.

The bubbles are also sealed with the waffle weave - no tape.