Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77706 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #270 on: March 7, 2007, 10:40 AM »
We have received about 80% of our order on wave 1, and Hasbro has given us the green light to ship (this wave was originally scheduled to have a 3/24 shelf date). So, we will ship all preorders at least 1 case, and allocate multi case orders at this point."

Weird.  I've heard/read that Hasbro has a 3/24 street date assigned to the SpiderMan 3 toys, but that's the first I've read/heard about it being applied to the Star Wars 30AC stuff...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 7, 2007, 07:37 PM »
Found the whole wave waiting to be stocked at the local K-Mart tonight.  I got one of each figure and an extra Airborne Trooper for a co-worker, and left behind an Obi-Wan, and an R2-D2 (plus something else I'm forgetting).  Anyway, it was quite a shock since this K-Mart is even more of a disaster area than most other K-Marts I've been in over the past few years (I'm even more shocked that it remains open). 

Quick thoughts:

-The Super Battle Droid is the BEST Separatist Army Builder EVER.  It's my favorite figure of the wave and I can't say anything bad about it.  Great figure.

-Nobody else has really pointed out (I think) that Mace's waist skirt is not cut at the sides to allow him to sit and (here's the real surprise) his hips don't even seem to be articulated so he can sit down to begin with.  I guess that rules out getting another one to put in his JSF after all.  >:(

-Obi-Wan's rebreather is a separate piece that is very small, so keep an eye on it so you don't lose it.

-My particular R2-D2's third leg was stuck in the down position, and I had to push really hard to get it to retract when the head-turning method didn't work.  Once it went in, though, the head-turning method worked fine.  Again, this might just be me, but be prepared if it's a widespread problem with this figure.

-Did I mention how great the SBD is? :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 7, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Got notification from Newforce that my wave 1 stuff is on the way. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 8, 2007, 11:32 AM »
Scored 2 obi's, 1 SBD, 1 R2 at Kmart.  I haven't gone to said Kmart in I don't know how long, for a veeeerry long time all that they had stocked were a couple of ROTS Mon Mothma's-there was still 1 on the pegs  ::)

Chewie you're the man, great score.  But why not use kmart's layaway plan.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 8, 2007, 03:10 PM »
Good score Purge, that SBD is awesome, did you open it?

I didn't even realize that Kmart had layaway, but no worries.  I'm caught up for now on this wave, any Galactic Marines I find now are just gravy.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 8, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Good score Purge, that SBD is awesome, did you open it?

I didn't even realize that Kmart had layaway, but no worries.  I'm caught up for now on this wave, any Galactic Marines I find now are just gravy.

:P

Or feel free to pass any GM's down my way  ;)  No I haven't opened him yet.  Can the "laser effect" that came with the previous SBD attach to the new SBD arm laser's?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #276 on: March 8, 2007, 03:47 PM »
Can the "laser effect" that came with the previous SBD attach to the new SBD arm laser's?

Sadly, no it can't.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 8, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Can the "laser effect" that came with the previous SBD attach to the new SBD arm laser's?

Sadly, no it can't.

That's a bummer. I thought that was pretty cool addition.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 8, 2007, 03:57 PM »
We have received about 80% of our order on wave 1, and Hasbro has given us the green light to ship (this wave was originally scheduled to have a 3/24 shelf date). So, we will ship all preorders at least 1 case, and allocate multi case orders at this point."

Weird.  I've heard/read that Hasbro has a 3/24 street date assigned to the SpiderMan 3 toys, but that's the first I've read/heard about it being applied to the Star Wars 30AC stuff...

Well, if that's the case, though it seems like several people are finding them regardless of a street-date, I'll have cash saved up for the oncoming onslaught on the wallet.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31 AM »
I picked up some of these figures over the weekend.  Among them Obi-Wan, the Super Battle Droid, R2-D2 and Mace Windu.  The Mace is a very cool figure.  That is until you find out that the articulation on the legs is limited.  The ball joints on the knees are great, as are the joints on the ankles.  But no hip articulation?  Drat!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 12, 2007, 04:34 PM »
I picked up some of these figures over the weekend.  Among them Obi-Wan, the Super Battle Droid, R2-D2 and Mace Windu.  The Mace is a very cool figure.  That is until you find out that the articulation on the legs is limited.  The ball joints on the knees are great, as are the joints on the ankles.  But no hip articulation?  Drat!

yeah i really hate what they did to mace because of that. the one good mace figure we get is still ruined because of his skirt. But i supposed if you cut the sides of the skirt it may help is hip articulation
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I picked up a McQuarrie, 2x Galactic Marine, 1x Airborne, Mace, and Lava Miner today along with 3x Vader/coin albums to pass on to Jeff and Jaybird today.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 12, 2007, 08:05 PM »
coin albums? i take it the states got that before canada now.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #283 on: March 12, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Mace HAS the articulation, he just needs a way to use it. ;)

I'm thinking of giving the "skirt" a slit up either side...  Cloth would've been great on this figure though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2007, 09:33 AM »
I got to open most of this wave up last night. The wave overall all is pretty good, but not perfect.

The Lava Miner is really good, except for the leg stance. It almost make the leg articulation pointless.

R2 is cleaver and neat, but I think the yellow highlights make the figure sickly.

Obi-wan is very decent. Great choice of body and cool accessories, but i think the combination is kind of weird.

Mace is almost perfect. I have to agree that the skirt is a pretty big detraction, but other than that, he rocks.

The SBD gets my award for best figure in the wave. Nice upgrade on material, paint and articulation.

Finally, I love the new paint job on the MaQuarrie Stormtrooper. Too bad the mold didn't get an upgrade.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."