Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77284 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2007, 04:31 PM »
the only fig Ive gotten so far is the very cool McTrooper-that I kinda had to purchase from a local scalper...for 20 bucks...but itll be worth a lot one day, a one per case repaint of a super rare concept army builder, pretty damn neat!

I might as well be the one to straighten this out.

1.  It is not super rare.  First off, it's repacked and was previously released in the winter of '03 and early '04.  It's shipping now.  And it'll be repacked in Wave 1 revision 1, and again in Wave 2 revision 1.  In short, he'll be on the pegs well into May and June.  You really didn't even give this figure a chance to appear on the pegs.  These figures have been out in retail in the United States for about 1 or 2 weeks for most of us.  Some areas are just seeing these for the first time a few days ago.

2.  This is not an investment of any kind.  Years from now, the figure probably still can be had for as low as $7.  Can you get $20 for it?  Yeah, if you find someone impatient enough.  And even in that instance, you'd just be getting your money back.

;)

Well said Dressel. And Greco, I'd say that was a waste of a fine $20, as come May or so, with all the reshipping, the McQuarrie Trooper should be keeping the pegs mighty toasty. Now get to rippin' the McTrooper off his card!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2007, 04:34 PM »
the only fig Ive gotten so far is the very cool McTrooper-that I kinda had to purchase from a local scalper...for 20 bucks...but itll be worth a lot one day, a one per case repaint of a super rare concept army builder, pretty damn neat!

1.  It is not super rare.  First off, it's repacked and was previously released in the winter of '03 and early '04.  It's shipping now.  And it'll be repacked in Wave 1 revision 1, and again in Wave 2 revision 1.  In short, he'll be on the pegs well into May and June.  You really didn't even give this figure a chance to appear on the pegs.  These figures have been out in retail in the United States for about 1 or 2 weeks for most of us.  Some areas are just seeing these for the first time a few days ago.

2.  This is not an investment of any kind.  Years from now, the figure probably still can be had for as low as $7.  Can you get $20 for it?  Yeah, if you find someone impatient enough.  And even in that instance, you'd just be getting your money back.

;)

Well said Dressel. And Greco, I'd say that was a waste of a fine $20, as come May or so, with all the reshipping, the McQuarrie Trooper should be keeping the pegs mighty toasty. Now get to rippin' the McTrooper off his card!

i dont know about the stormy keeping the pegs nice and "toasty" but he should  be a bit easier to find by then. istill havent opened mine either BUT he will see the light of day eventually. kinda trying to find a second one though so i can keep one carded and one opened. not to sell though. just for display ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I just cannot bring myself to purchase yet another SBD. I have not had good experience with these and in the end super glue the ones my son doesn't play with to a stand so they stay up. I saw one yesterday and I passed on it.

Big mistake! This is the greatest Separatist army builder we've ever gotten. I have yet to have a problem with mine not being able to stand, and the plastic is 1000 times more sturdy than the RoTS/Saga battle droids. As Dressel said earlier, destroy all your older versions of the SBD and buy as many of these new ones as you can.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2007, 07:12 PM »
I just cannot bring myself to purchase yet another SBD. I have not had good experience with these and in the end super glue the ones my son doesn't play with to a stand so they stay up. I saw one yesterday and I passed on it.

The Marine is an ok figure, but one that is easy to pass on in my opinion. The fact that it is a clone from a scene will drive it. I do llike the Airborne Clone overall.  Mace is okay, but not a huge change from the past. Obi Wan is a pilot body with a hole in the mouth.  The McQuire is nice, I took one and left 2 others. Darth Vader was a pass as I will not be keeping or collecting the coins. I don't need another Vader unless they improve on the VTSC or the Evolutions Vader. I did like the Mustfar Miner as he is something different. Artoo is a pass, because I have enough Artoo.  So like most waves this year, I bought piecemeal. I'll probably pass on wave 2 and just pick up 1 or 2 from each wave from here on out. I have to say that I am rather disappointed overall in this year's selection. There are some interesting ones, but also some that I just don't need. Then again, what is different than any other non-movie year.
Bingo! This is a good series if you have never collected StarWars figures, but if you have its like..been there, dont that with some of the figures. Mace,Vader Obi..I just do not need more! I did break down and buy R2 only because he goes with the SBD..if he did nt I would have passed.  This seems to be the weakest wave they have announced, the rest seem be average or above average.  But my god how many Obi have had over the last two years! TO MANY..time to put him to bed for a while.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2007, 08:41 PM »
That got me thinking.  What is new this year that is official or what we have seen so far?

Lava Miner
Galactic Marine
Airborne Trooper (unless you count Mace's battle pack)
Biggs Academy
Rebel Honor Guard
CZ-3
Umpass-Stay
Neyo
Neyo's Trooper
Hermi Odle
LIN Droid
Onith
Helrot
Boba (Animated) - I guess it's a repaint?  Not sure. 
McFett
McVader

The following have been done before but I like the improvements. 

Ceremony Luke
Mace - Sort of SA
Death Star Trooper
Han - Falcon
McTrooper
R2-D2 - Flames
SBD - I like the set it makes with R2
Vader - For the Kenobi Robe and the Vader figures itself is nice I think.
Jawa - I like the new Jawa
C-3PO - If it's a slimed version well I'll probably like it - we'll see.
Luke - I admit I just want it for the Moisture Vaporator.
Biggs Pilot - Definite improvement over the POTF version I think. 

Vintage Figs - I like all of them myself - Definite improvements on all the ones we have seen before. 
Vader Coin Album - I admit I like the coins and want them all - And I love that coin album.  Hell I even like that Vader that nobody else seems to like at all. 

Order 66 Packs - I like all the clones.  Not sure I will buy them all but I like them.  I don't care for their counterparts though. 

Stinkers - I don't care for that Jedi Luke.  I guess Kenobi is getting old.  He will warm but only because everyone has this incarnation of him. 

I know there is stuff for the rest of the year.  But we have not seen them yet so I can't really comment to much on them.  I like the assortment for the year really.  Granted I would love to see stuff like Yarna, Tonnika Sisters, Bom Vimdin, Bane Malor, etc.  but it ain't happening.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2007, 11:45 PM »
This is a good series if you have never collected StarWars figures, but if you have its like..been there, dont that with some of the figures. This seems to be the weakest wave they have announced.

If you like super articulated removable helmet army builder clones and the best Separatist army builder to date, this wave is for you.

If you don't like the Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, and Super Battle Droid, it's because you don't own them yet.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2007, 09:13 AM »
I was really hoping to find some TAC figures (or exclusives) this weekend, but it wasn't happening.  Actually, if I hadn't traveled across town to check the "other" Target and Wal-Mart, I wouldn't have seen any TAC on the pegs at all.  The "other" Target and WM each had a couple R2s and Obi-Wans, and nothing else.  I see what people were saying about these being the pegwarmers of the wave.  Still just sitting on the two figures I found at TRU a week and a half ago, Mace and Obi-Wan.  I believe I have a shipment coming sometime soon from HTS with the rest of the wave, aside from the clones/McQuarrie of course.  On the lookout for three figures basically now :), until other new stuff starts to hit.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2007, 01:03 PM »

;)

Yeah, Greco, you didn't wait long enough. Not that they're going to ever be warming the pegs around here (Bay Area) where we are, but you shoulda at least tried the DCPI # thingie like I posted in the Store Reports section. Heck, I probably would've tried to get you one if you'd asked. I just cringe when I hear that you paid $20 to a local scalper, though. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2007, 01:14 PM »
Our local Target seems to have started stocking TAC figures now, but all I saw were 3 Obis, 3 R2s, and a single Mace Windu.  I really hope I'm able to find the clones, and the McQuarrie Trooper.  I'm more worried about the McQuarrie figure, since they seem to be tougher to find and I wouldn't mind having an extra to keep carded.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 31, 2007, 01:17 AM »
I picked up Obi-Wan and Mace at a Target store on Wednesday.  These are the first ever 2 action figures that I have bought, which are part of the 30th anniversary collection.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 31, 2007, 12:14 PM »
which are part of the 30th anniversary collection.

Oh, if you hadn't informed me that, I would have assumed they were POTF2 figures.

;)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 31, 2007, 12:47 PM »
That got me thinking.  What is new this year that is official or what we have seen so far?
Yes he is a repaint of the VOTC figure. The staff is new though. :P
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2007, 08:08 PM »

you sure? the head looks like a new scuplt. the visor looks bigger.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 1, 2007, 02:13 PM »

I personaly think he looks like a re-paint, but apparently he's not. One of the more detail oriented guys on the site said that there were a lot of newly scupted parts like the forearms and the head.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 1, 2007, 02:34 PM »

I personaly think he looks like a re-paint, but apparently he's not. One of the more detail oriented guys on the site said that there were a lot of newly scupted parts like the forearms and the head.

yeah i checked the head and compared it to RS (the vintage boba profile on it) and the head is different the visor has triangular corners(if that makes any sense) and the body looks a bit different in sculpt too.