Author Topic: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith  (Read 77305 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #375 on: April 6, 2007, 02:46 PM »
If you hurry, Hasbro Toy Shop currently has the McQuarrie Trooper (as well as the rest of the wave) listed as "in stock".  I went ahead and placed my order, so I don't have to worry about finding it.  Just a heads up for anyone who is looking for any of this wave.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 6, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Out of stock...

Oh well. With all the future reships he should be easy to find, so I won't have to pay a scalper $20 for it. After all, I thought I'd never find ROTS Tarkin and TSC Scorch, but I found both of those, albeit a little later after they came out.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 6, 2007, 03:53 PM »
Oh well. With all the future reships he should be easy to find, so I won't have to pay a scalper $20 for it.

Har har.  ;)  :P

Hey, good luck with that, tell me how that goes for ya...
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 8, 2007, 10:37 AM »
Oh well. With all the future reships he should be easy to find, so I won't have to pay a scalper $20 for it.

Har har.  ;)  :P

Hey, good luck with that, tell me how that goes for ya...

Reid is 100% correct. Give me one example of a figure from the first wave what was impossible to find.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 8, 2007, 11:25 AM »
McStormy

Super Battle Droid

There you go!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 8, 2007, 11:56 AM »
McStormy

Super Battle Droid

There you go!

Okay, look dude...This wave has been out for a matter of weeks.  The McQuarrie Stormtrooper is being repacked several more times into future waves and revisions and is shipping into the summer.  None of us really care that you paid $20 to a scalper because you're impatient, but to come in here and try to sell it to us as some stroke of genius that you had or that it's "going to be worth something in the future," none of us agree.  It was the absolute worst way to obtain the figure and we all know it.

Nobody really cares that you support scalping, those of us that are clever enough to obtain things for retail prices despite scalper's efforts aren't bothered by them much anyway. 

We're all happy that you love your $20 basic figure courtesy of a scalper that's been out for 3 weeks, but I'd probably just forget about trying to convince all of us that we're never going to see the figure on the pegs.  Because many of us already have, and those who haven't have months of future shipments to find it, probably in multiples.

I have now found it on 2 morning toy runs to Target, once at Walmart, and once at KB.

Let.  It.  Go.

:P
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 8, 2007, 12:53 PM »
i have seen 3 so far. only bought one passed on the other mcstormy. its not the greatest figure ever. and not even close to being worth 3 times of retail price.best way to finish a wave and find the "hard" to get figures is be at the store early....not place a bid on ebay or what not.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #382 on: April 9, 2007, 03:09 AM »
It's nobody's place on these boards to tell anyone HOW to collect and do what they want...  Well, short of scalping anyway, it's nobody's place, but I have to say I agree with the general perspective that buying from the scalpers contributes to the problem...  Big or small (seems to depend on where you live really...  One area of my city has seemingly lots while other areas have none, and one area of the States has more than another, etc.), it's still a "problem" out there... 

I think though, if you miss something you're further ahead to wait...  show patience, wait it out, and NETWORK (that's a major key nobody's mentioned much yet).  Networking can net you the pieces you want.  Case-in-point with me, I didn't get a SBD Factory Builder set, and that was a toughie to find...  I wound up getting TWO for less than retail some years later through a friend.  And that's a legitimately "rare" item too.  Was a tough find.

The McTrooper's scheduled to reship in some cases...  Hasbro's said NOTHING about "limited supply" of the McFigures in general either, and believe me if they were limiting them they'd let you know about it so you went out and bought up bunches.  Add to that then the fact Hasbro loves to remix things as the year drags on...  Think about how much of a bitch it was to find Utapau Clones when first released last year.  Death Star Gunners?  Take your pick of the "flavor-of-the-month" figure that was a pain to find and yet you were swimming in them at some point.

Now, that doesn't mean we'll swim in McTroopers...  He could turn out to be "rare".  But again, patience and networking will yield you one.  That's what the supposed point of online communities is, ultimately...  It gets lost at some sites, at others you have to seemingly have your nose up the right guy's ass to get anywhere, but around here it seems like it's a system that generally works out pretty well. 

It's food for thought...  I just know I refuse to pay $.01 over retail for anything...  Heck, I complain about retail, so how could I justify paying MORE than retail? :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 9, 2007, 09:32 AM »
McStormy

Super Battle Droid

There you go!

These are disqualified since they haven't been out long enought to prove the point. The line must be done, i.e ROTS and earlier, to qualify.

BTW, the SBD is not impossibe to find around here. In fact, it's almost peg warming.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 9, 2007, 10:10 AM »
Wow, consider yourself lucky.  All we have here are mountains of Windu, Obi and R2.

That's it.

Well, there's still a ****load of Greatest Misses and Jerrods laying around, but who's counting?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 9, 2007, 10:15 AM »
I saw this wave around town this weekend a fair amount, but it was all Obi-Wans, R2s, and a handful of Mace Windus.  Wal-Mart is still buried in older figures (Enboo mainly), so they haven't had any TAC there yet.  Target has a healthy stocking, but it is just the three figures listed above.  I have seen all of this wave at retail at least once, aside from the McTrooper, but the clones, lava miner, and SBD all sell pretty quickly it seems.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 9, 2007, 03:50 PM »

Nobody really cares that you support scalping,

I don't support scalping because it's terrible. I just bought something from someone who happened to be a scalper. I wouldve bought it if he wasnt a scalper.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 9, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Sometimes it's in your best interest not get the last word in.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 9, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Indeed.  You can try to offer friendly advice about saving money in the hobby, but people have to be receptive to that.  So then it boils down to priorities and impulse control.  Some people want to save money over the long haul (because buying at inflated prices adds up), and other people want things right now despite a higher price.  We all have to make our own decisions about what is the right course of action for ourselves.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 10, 2007, 09:45 AM »

Well, there's still a ****load of Greatest Misses and Jerrods laying around, but who's counting?

I'm looking for 7 more Jerjerrods. If you want to pick some of yours up and trade them in for stuff on my trade list, let me know.